Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Harald posted:

I find that my checks basically make up the difference between getting an executive membership vs. getting a basic membership every year, so I stick with the executive.

I had a couple of large purchases last year - a TV and a laptop. That's about half of my dividend right there. I don't expect it to cover the whole membership next year, but it should at least cover the executive part.

But then also I have the sweet sweet credit card cash back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

That's so cool that you can buy liquor AND fireworks from Costco in free states. Feels bad man.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Is this a Joe Dirt reference?! :vince:

Heffer
May 1, 2003

You should see what our neighbors to the north can order

Jaw Dropper Fireworks Kit
Item #1058422
$1,499.99

https://m.costco.ca/Jaw-Dropper-Fireworks-Kit-.product.100284890.html

Cakes and Fanned Cakes:
1 x Phantom Wars
1 x Anger Management
1 x Monkey Business
1 x Lock Down
1 x Psychedelic
1 x Urban Warrior
1 x Frostbite
1 x Pharaoh’s Demise
1 x Fish Tank
1 x Big Shot
1 x Miners Victory
1 x Super Menace
1 x Masterpiece
1 x Fighting Spirit
1 x Grave Digger
1 x Sky Tracer
1 x Royal Brocade
1 x Prismatic
1 x Snap Shot
1 x Dragons Breath
1 x Heat Wave
1 x Light the Night
1 x Molten Fury
1 x Shattered Dreams
1 x Falling Leaves
1 x Ring of Fire
1 x Scream Dream
1 x Phantom Blast
1 x Party Gauge
1 x Crazy Palms
1 x Crackling Meteors
1 x Evil Enemy
2 x Greedy Goblins
2 x Grand Finale
2 x Whiskey Tango
2 x Bad Attitude
2 x Brocade Crown
2 x Menace
2 x Lunar Storm
2 x Bulls Eye
2 x Splat
2 x Hell’s Gate
2 x Shotgun Wedding
2 x Grape Soda
2 x Superfly
2 x Mind Bender
2 x Big Bubba

Barrages:
1 x Hellfire
1 x Latin Beat
1 x Dynamo
1 x Silver Fairy
1 x 25 Shot Barrage
1 x Gangsta Blast
1 x Ghostbuster
1 x 70 Shot Barrage
1 x Shotgun Barrage
1 x 91 Shot Kaleidoscope
1 x Mine Field
1 x Rainbow Kaleidoscope
1 x Mumbo Jumbo
1 x Fear No Evil
1 x Recoil
1 x Deep Purple
2 x Jumpin’ Jelly Bean

Mines and Bombshells:
1 x Rainbow Mine and Whistles
1 x Buzz Bomb
1 x Spinning Bee
1 x Bullet Train
1 x Dreamcatcher
1 x Heaven’s Gate
1 x Dynamic Blast
2 x Radiant Sun
2 x Whistling Peony
2 x Air Colour Bomb

Roman Candles, Specialty Bombettes and Brazilians:
1 x African Lion
1 x Multi Coloured Stargun
1 x Banger Plus
1 x Shazzam
2 x Screaming Banshee
5 x 15 Ball Roman Candle
5 x 20 Ball Roman Candle

Fountains and Specialty Shaped Fountains:
1 x Fortress
1 x Chinook
1 x UFO
1 x Volcanic Eruption
1 x Emperor’s Tattoo
1 x Powder Keg
1 x Star Shower
1 x Jet Stream
1 x White Strobe
1 x Canada Fountain
1 x Whistling Rain

Noisemakers and Missiles
1 x Air Bomb (4 pack)
1 x Butterfly Thunder (4 pack)
1 x Glitter Pack
2 x 100 Shot Saturn Missile

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Greetings fellow acolytes, PBUC.

Everyone knows those dogs are second to none. So much so I bought them for my 4th of July BBQ.

UNFORTUNATELY, the buns I bought are woefully too small to contain the entire 1/4 lbs of meaty goodness.

Does Costco sell the buns that they use at the food court? Or do they keep those for themselves so that the only proper way to receive the sacrament is live and in person at the food court (and with a free refill, all for only $1.50 plus tax)?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Not sure, but the ones at the food court by me still can't handle the might of the dog.

Be careful. It can't be contained. It.... wants.... to be eaten. Regardless of the bun.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Everyone knows those dogs are second to none. So much so I bought them for my 4th of July BBQ.

UNFORTUNATELY, the buns I bought are woefully too small to contain the entire 1/4 lbs of meaty goodness.

Does Costco sell the buns that they use at the food court? Or do they keep those for themselves so that the only proper way to receive the sacrament is live and in person at the food court (and with a free refill, all for only $1.50 plus tax)?

Yes they sell them. Most (if not all) of the stuff we use is stuff we have to buy off of the sales floor.

Try looking for the Schmidt cornmeal topped buns in the pre-packaged bread area.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Posting in this holy of holy threads.

Got my veteran coupons. Went and got a free bag of kirklands extra thick beef jerky and a strawberry shake.

Walked 2.4 miles in the store and every quarter mile there were free foods to taste.

No longer do I have to brave the 405 as this costco is right down the road for easy shopping.

10/10 praise be costco

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

OldSenileGuy posted:

They do by their other buns, although it's been a crapshoot by my experiences.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/05/costco-testing-shake-shack-copycat-cheeseburger-in-southern-california/ posted:

Forget pizza and hot dogs. Costco, often secretive about its merchandising strategy, is selling a Shack Shack-style cheeseburger made with an organic beef patty at a few of its fast-food courts in Southern California.

The burger is being sold at warehouses in Corona, Pacoima, Lakewood, according to Santa Ana-based Foodbeast, the popular food marketing site. Beyond California, the burger is being tested in Seattle.

Costco confirmed the burger test, which is replacing items less popular on the menu — known for its extra large pizzas and baseball-inspired all-beef frankfurters.

:aaaaa:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Kirkland's leggings are the poo poo, predictably. Built like a house. No reason to pay more than fifteen bucks for leggings ever thanks to Costco

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They have these Brioche Hot Dog buns at my 'co that hold a Mariners quarter pound dog fine enough. And they are soft and keep well in the fridge if need be.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Dely Apple posted:

They have these Brioche Hot Dog buns at my 'co that hold a Mariners quarter pound dog fine enough. And they are soft and keep well in the fridge if need be.

I mean all are welcome at Costco but I must inform you refrigerating your bread does you a disservice.

Same with potatoes.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

KakerMix posted:

I mean all are welcome at Costco but I must inform you refrigerating your bread does you a disservice.

Same with potatoes.

Potatoes never go in the fridge, yeah. Gross. These buns come in like 24 packs so I don't know what else to do except use them for all forms of breadery.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Same with potatoes.

I for one prefer my bread to get moldy slower, because I'm sane.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bread goes stale in the fridge. You should freeze it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Bread goes stale in the fridge. You should freeze it.

This may surprise you but bread goes stale outside of the fridge too! I freeze bread too.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
frozen bread is the 'stco way

PBUC

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Dely Apple posted:

Also voting for freeze your bread in general.

But I'm also concerned about freezing brioche. Brioche is amazing fresh because it's chock full of butter and eggs and it creates this rich fluffy texture/taste. But if you compromise the freshness by preserving it in any way, I think you run the risk of losing much of what makes brioche delicious while still consuming 100% of the fat and calories.

Don't get me wrong it'll still be good because it's brioche, but conceptually you should be weighing the calories of a meal vs. it's taste factor as... like... a general principle.

Eat fresh brioche yall.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Oh poo poo, the Corona one is by my house. I should seek out this 'burg tomorrow.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

FCKGW posted:

LUCKY SOB

You're gonna post your experience in great detail and photographically as well, right?!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

FCKGW posted:

Oh poo poo, the Corona one is by my house. I should seek out this 'burg tomorrow.

That is an excellent looking burger.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

You're gonna post your experience in great detail and photographically as well, right?!

:omarcomin:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i wonder what less popular items they're replacing are.

aside from dog+pizza staple, we have between 2 different locations:

hot turkey & provolone sandwich $4 - 740 cals
chicken bake $3 - 770s
bbq brisket sandwich $5 - 610 cas
caesar salad $4 - 650 cal

none of those items are particularly good imo. brisket was eh and way too pricy, turkey sandwich really sucked. i dunno about the caeasar salad but lol at ordering that i dont think i ever saw anyone with it

actually i think turkey and caesar salad might be gone now since i dont remember seeing them, at least at my normal loc

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xaris posted:

chicken bake $3 - 770s

none of those items are particularly good imo. brisket was eh and way too pricy, turkey sandwich really sucked. i dunno about the caeasar salad but lol at ordering that i dont think i ever saw anyone with it

actually i think turkey and caesar salad might be gone now since i dont remember seeing them, at least at my normal loc

If they're going to replace something at all, then yeah it's going to be either of the sandwiches. Chicken bake is definitely here to stay. And I order the salad sometimes...

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chicken Bake is gross as hell but it's a staple.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Xaris posted:

chicken bake $3 - 770s

I've had the bbq sandwich, it was okay but not worth the $5. I agree that the turkey sandwich is garbage and I hope it gets replaced.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I liked the turkey sandwich ok the one time I had it, but the dog is such a good deal I usually can't pass it up

Does anyone else have the smoothie at their costco? That thing is dope. They used to just have a berry flavor slurpee kind of thing but now it's a real smoothie with fruit bits and everything. it rules.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Xaris posted:

chicken bake $3 - 770s

My bet is that it's going to be the turkey. The salads usually sell pretty well and can actually keep throughout the day.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Chicken bake ain't going nowhere and the salad is the token "healthy" option on the list.

My money would be on the burg replacing the brisket; brisket's a more expensive cut and the price has really gone up since people have taken to it, plus loving Arby's getting into the brisket game and driving up the costs. The turkey sandwich might suck but turkey's cheap.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Does anyone else have the smoothie at their costco? That thing is dope. They used to just have a berry flavor slurpee kind of thing but now it's a real smoothie with fruit bits and everything. it rules.

I've never had it but I got it for my mom once and she loved it.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
While I can't speak for the food court (never eaten it, don't kill me), we picked up the $6.99 chicken/swiss and caesar salad combo the other week from the prepared foods. We split it for dinner the next day and it was delicious! I didn't notice the sandwich was on a croissant when we bought it, but it made me want to go buy a bunch of croissants afterward. Or at least another sandwich/salad combo.

naem
May 29, 2011

OldSenileGuy posted:

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

Don't stop I'm almost there...

Also replace the turkey sandwich and berry smoothie with that burger and the old chocolate ice cream bars and you'd have a perfect Costco food court imo.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
hmm. i am shorter, but thicker. this avoids the cervix which i am told is good

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Costco throw OUT the turkey, but throw IN the burg. Thank you~ PBUC

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Costco throw OUT the turkey, but throw IN the burg. Thank you~ PBUC

Agreed. They already threw out the beef brisket for their chili which is great too.

Yesterday, I finally picked up those dark covered cashews. Jeez you guys weren't kidding how good they are!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Trip status: at Costco. Word must be out because everyone is trying this burg today.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pulled up to the Costco. I don't like shopping here because the whole center is a mess but I had to make the trip.

Outdoor food court and today was over 100 degrees. Still a line out into the street though, something must be good here.

Beef brisket is gone, but we have a newcomer!

AWW YISS

Required 20oz Soda (with refill)

This is seriously a big burger. The plate is your regular dinner plate, so this burger was probably around 6-9 inches wide. And heavy too.

I ate like half of it before I remembered to take some pics of the inside

Pretty simple burger. 1/3lb beef, cheddar cheese, butterhead lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing.

Verdict: 10/10 would eat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Another Costco success story! PBUC!!