Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yeah if u were doing anything d1 quid, it sure wasn't lurkin' <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:hf:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Quidthulhu posted:

How am I useless? I'm the only one casing people!

also no you're not lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

My case work yesterday was solid, just nothing has g-d changed and nobody is posting in this game :/

Can anyone comment on anything??

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I've lost the thread on this game

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Well here's something - neither of my gift receivers are speaking up. Interesting, I gave them both something that would be valuable to townies and near useless to scum. I was also told they weren't told what those things do. So either they think they know, or they don't care.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I breadcrumbed that I received a gift, and what it did, in my very first post of the day :sun:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it was meant to be intelligible only to the person who gave the gift but I guess that didn't work~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

But, like, generally? If someone got something good and speak up about it, it makes them a target for scum. Mine wasn't that great~

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

gif Probst (1): EXAKT Science

Not Voting (11): Added Space, areyoucontagious, Captain Foo, Dhaes, gif Probst, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Pinterest Mom, Quidthulhu, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 06th, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Added Space posted:

Well here's something - neither of my gift receivers are speaking up. Interesting, I gave them both something that would be valuable to townies and near useless to scum. I was also told they weren't told what those things do. So either they think they know, or they don't care.

are you trying to get your giftees killed

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Captain Foo posted:

are you trying to get your giftees killed

Yeah this is some squeaky clean play right here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah this is some squeaky clean play right here.

this is really opportunistic.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AS: scum has a lot of advantages over town, mostly related to what information they have. The information they don't have, however, is which townies have which roles. Airing out our roles publicly allows scum to better target and prioritise their NK targets. Ideally, people wouldn't claim their roles until they get something out of it - an incriminating result on a player, confirmation of a claim, something like that. Just coming in thread and saying "i've got a power" but without anything to show for it is net negative for town.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is really opportunistic.

Really? Man is trying to get his giftees to come out as his giftees. If they do so scum are likely to murder them tonight because they have admitted powers.

It's a play I don't understand because it's bizarre if he's town and also additionally bizarre if he's scum. If he's town it's odd because of the above, if he's scum, why does scum have the ability to grant abilities to other players and why would they give those abilities to town.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Really? Man is trying to get his giftees to come out as his giftees. If they do so scum are likely to murder them tonight because they have admitted powers.

It's a play I don't understand because it's bizarre if he's town and also additionally bizarre if he's scum. If he's town it's odd because of the above, if he's scum, why does scum have the ability to grant abilities to other players and why would they give those abilities to town.

Is AS new? I forget.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AS is extremely new

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Pinterest Mom posted:

AS is extremely new

Oh right, then I take that back. That's the kind of poo poo I do all the time.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Yeah, very new. Hey, I had to claim to avoid a landslide vote so I could use my power. I don't know if my gift receivers are town either, so people knowing I gave something to somebody might help in the long run.

I still feel I should give out the poison publicly since who kills whom with it seems very relevant to town interests.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Added Space posted:

Yeah, very new. Hey, I had to claim to avoid a landslide vote so I could use my power. I don't know if my gift receivers are town either, so people knowing I gave something to somebody might help in the long run.

I still feel I should give out the poison publicly since who kills whom with it seems very relevant to town interests.

Have you in any way breadcrumbed what your gifts were? There could be multiple roles going about that do similar things.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Added Space posted:

I understand getting three votes is scary but, you weren't going to get killed. It's hard to figure out the rhythm of a game but you weren't in any kind of danger. Err towards withholding your claim in the future!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
YT's confirmed mason claim seems a bit convenient with taste's Janitored flip

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if you don't post at all during this gameday you will be freely dunkable day three.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

EXAKT Science posted:

Reading wiki articles on Janitor, they do say that in many cases the janitor gets the flip information and should then claim the role that person had.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Added Space posted:

Reading wiki articles on Janitor, they do say that in many cases the janitor gets the flip information and should then claim the role that person had.

If we assume I'm the scum janitor and fakeclaimed the role I just killed what would the logical play be?

I'd probably claim to have tracked another scum player that I knew didn't move that night and then they'd come to my defense saying that's correct.

The problem I have is that we tracked gif because Jfisk suggested it at the beginning of the night and then went afk because of thanksgiving. I actually suggested that we should use gunsmith instead because to me that's like having a cop, but he wasn't around for it. Eventually he got a PM to somber saying he was definitely picking track and so I kept to the original plan.

So unfortunately, now, the only person who can verify what I've said is a guy who has posted all of like four times since the game started.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Added Space posted:

yeah there's also cleaners / forensic investigators wherein town has to use a night action to figure out the flip. It's setup speculation either way, all we know is we have a useless flip

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If we assume I'm the scum janitor and fakeclaimed the role I just killed what would the logical play be?

I'd probably claim to have tracked another scum player that I knew didn't move that night and then they'd come to my defense saying that's correct.

The problem I have is that we tracked gif because Jfisk suggested it at the beginning of the night and then went afk because of thanksgiving. I actually suggested that we should use gunsmith instead because to me that's like having a cop, but he wasn't around for it. Eventually he got a PM to somber saying he was definitely picking track and so I kept to the original plan.

So unfortunately, now, the only person who can verify what I've said is a guy who has posted all of like four times since the game started.

I don't particularly like this basically unprompted If I Were Scum play, especially in light of what EXAKT said that's been part of my thinking all along:

EXAKT Science posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

I've lost the thread on this game

:justpost:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Hello friends.

I can probably shed some light on this.

I was in a masonry with Fisk. Combined we were a town aligned JOAT. We could track, watch or gunsmith people. Fisk would pick the JOAT ability to use and I would pick the target. With Fisk dead we've lost JOAT since I can target people but can't JOAT. So I'm VT for the rest of the game.

I can say that we tracked Gif last night and he didn't visit anyone.

Let's examine: it doesn't tell us anything! any random flip is most likely to be town. all this does is give YT a free claim on town that's basically unconfirmable, because gif isn't posting anyway and indeed was nearly lynched for being a lurker.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

In addition, YT is part of the D1 no-lynch squad which is never a good idea for town, especially an apathy no-lynch

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote Yorkshire Tea

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Captain Foo posted:

Let's examine: it doesn't tell us anything! any random flip is most likely to be town. all this does is give YT a free claim on town that's basically unconfirmable, because gif isn't posting anyway and indeed was nearly lynched for being a lurker.

Holy gently caress you're a dense motherfucker aren't you.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I literally listed this as the very problem that I have. You even quoted me!

Captain Foo posted:

I don't particularly like this basically unprompted If I Were Scum play, especially in light of what EXAKT said that's been part of my thinking all along:

And how exactly is it unprompted?

Added Space posted:

AS literally suggests that I might be the scum janitor claiming to be assuming the role of the person that flipped.

This is an awful case to make based off of either poorly reading what I've written and the context in which it was written or deliberately obscuring stuff to build a claim.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:allears:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pinterest Mom who do you think is the scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ninja edit

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Pinterest Mom who do you think is the scum

Who knows

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this is not a helpful answer

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm aware.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I reread the first seven pages and thought "wow I want to kill asiina" not remembering who replaced her.

Turns out, quid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I want to kill literally everybody but Hal, AS, and Foo this game sucks.

• Locked thread