Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

Nero is by far my favorite Saber and yes, she does still come off over-the-top as she should. But some of her reactions and the way they wrote her dialogue just feels...lacking? She was fantastic in Extella when Marvelous handled her. Maybe I'm just jaded, but when Nero straight up says "Gotcha!" I got a little upset.

If that's the best we can claim then we're really digging. lol

It was a joke about the MEA thing, I do think FGO is one of the most enjoyable mobile games and really, I agree with Something Awful poster Nyaa. Some of the out of nowhere translations are pretty fun and some made me laugh, not for bad reasons.

Extella is very good... the fact it runs that freaking well on the Vita just makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'll enjoy estella on my pc

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Clearly the best written character in Rome IS CALIGULA. (You'll have to imagine that three inches high.)

How far out is it until the MC gets new Mystic Codes?

EDIT: Looks like either two chapters out or time-limited events.

delfin fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 6, 2017

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tae posted:

I'll enjoy estella on my pc

Fair warning, Extella has really boring, drawn-out, monotonous gameplay, and the story is very phoned in, so enjoying it might be a difficult feat

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Extella got one thing right, and that was killing thousands of mooks per stage. Shame about literally everything else.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Fair warning, Extella has really boring, drawn-out, monotonous gameplay, and the story is very phoned in, so enjoying it might be a difficult feat

I can't complain too much because I only paid $20 but man was Extella super disappointing coming off of dragon quest heroes and hyrule warriors.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

DrManiac posted:

I can't complain too much because I only paid $20 but man was Extella super disappointing coming off of dragon quest heroes and hyrule warriors.
DQ Heroes II felt like such a slog. It was so goddamn slow. Hyrule was good though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Extella got one thing right, and that was killing thousands of mooks per stage. Shame about literally everything else.

Honestly, they didn't even do that right, since killing said thousands of mooks boils down to pressing O, watching the unskippable cutscene for your extella maneuver, and then pressing O again, watching the cutscene again, etc

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Ibram Gaunt posted:

this but the inverse

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DrManiac posted:

Really? I though DQ was pretty tedious and boring vOv Different strokes...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm buying it for hte PC because I have AIDS

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Estella isn't tecmo koei, or am I missing something?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Estella isn't tecmo koei, or am I missing something?

It's not. You can tell because it's bad.

not that every Warriors game is a winner but there's a level of offness to Extella's gameplay that you don't get from an Omega Force joint

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 6, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

not that every Warriors game is a winner but there's a level of offness to Extella's gameplay that you don't get from an Omega Force joint

You mustn't have been made by Tecmo Koei either, then.

On topic: did anyone manage to farm Reverse Dragon wings for ascensions? They seem to really not want to drop from any dragon in Orleans. Only got 1 through the story.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Blockhouse posted:

It's not really bad but it does feel very bare bones. If you're not going into it to listen to Nero and Caster go on about their Master, then there's not a big draw I don't feel.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 6, 2017

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

You mustn't have been made by Tecmo Koei either, then.

On topic: did anyone manage to farm Reverse Dragon wings for ascensions? They seem to really not want to drop from any dragon in Orleans. Only got 1 through the story.

I don't think there are any dragons in free quests? The only dragon is in story quests and it's a guaranteed drop, yeah. You want friday's 30AP monster hunt. The final wave is either a demon or a dragon, presumably 50% chance of either, and a guaranteed chest. The chest could contain either a magic gem, secret gem or the dragon scale, more likely the former than the latter.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do rate ups work in F/GO? Is it still a 1% chance to get a 5* but if that 1% is rolled there is an increased chance that it is the rate up character? Or is that 1% chance itself increased?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Decus posted:

I don't think there are any dragons in free quests? The only dragon is in story quests and it's a guaranteed drop, yeah. You want friday's 30AP monster hunt. The final wave is either a demon or a dragon, presumably 50% chance of either, and a guaranteed chest. The chest could contain either a magic gem, secret gem or the dragon scale, more likely the former than the latter.

Makes sense. I know it's a very low drop rate even if it spawns but Vlad gets a lot of stats with the next ascension so it'd be pretty great. I'll be productive at work Friday :)

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do rate ups work in F/GO? Is it still a 1% chance to get a 5* but if that 1% is rolled there is an increased chance that it is the rate up character? Or is that 1% chance itself increased?

Still a 1% chance to get a 5*, but if you do there's anecdotally a 70% chance it'll be a rate-up 5*.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The former, if you do roll the 1% for a 5* a rated up servant is I think, 60% likely to be drawn, while every other in the pool shares the other 40%.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i've got 81 quartz

should i grind to get that third roll

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

i've got 81 quartz

should i grind to get that third roll

I mean, do you want Gilgamesh?

Best case scenario you don't really care for him and get him on 1st 10 roll. Worst case, you don't care for him, roll for him, don't get him and then JAlter gacha comes out next month.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

RanKizama posted:

It's not really [i]bad]/i] but it does feel very bare bones. If you're not going into it to listen to Nero and Caster go on about their Master, then there's not a big draw I don't feel.

I came for this and stayed for falling in love with the enemy, a giant (lit.) sweetheart who lets Hakuno slide down her body and dresses up in a nurse outfit

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Extella is an okay warriors game that makes a fatal mistake in making a system mechanic far stronger than anything unique a character can do, that being extella maneuver. If they make a sequel I hope they don't tune the game around that mechanic because it was pretty clearly designed around shotgunning everything down with it which made running around being a warriors character largely worthless after the first extella lol

Still if tamamo, nero or altera are your anime wife then you could do worse. I hope they put titan into FGO and have her battle sprite just be a foot.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Started this up today and have this heracles/kaleidoscope reroll available if any other newbies don't wanna waste time on rerolls. I've been told you could do worse for a starter: 5K65uqtTRm pw: 0240phq

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What's the best way to get Void Refuse on jp, I've tried the daily grinding missions but the drop rate seems really low.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What's the best way to get Void Refuse on jp, I've tried the daily grinding missions but the drop rate seems really low.
go through the story, you fight a lot of shadow servants during the story and it drops off them. masilla in rome and charlotte in america also have good drop rates for items, and rome isn't *too* far in.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Added a bunch more people so if you see "Cedar" that's me.

It seems i sold off my Boudica my mistake, it sounds like she's not a good servant or anything, but i kinda like collecting all these crazy cards regardless. Alas.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You'll probably get spooked by her when you do other gem rolls, don't worry. That and she's in the FP gacha too.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You will have no problem getting everything under 3* over time.

Except 0* avenger

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I finally got lancer Cu in the friend gacha. Now I just need Robin Hood and I'm set.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Nyaa posted:

You will have no problem getting everything under 3* over time.

Except 0* avenger

I just blew 90k FP on JP and didn't get him. :negative:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I just blew 90k FP on JP and didn't get him. :negative:

Haha you would need 10x that

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

What is up with Andersen's voice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Virtue posted:

He's a grown rear end man

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Virtue posted:

He wants some tea.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I truly forget how many people don't know CCC until they react to Andersen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTkWpIHfGLA

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Compendium posted:

I truly forget how many people don't know CCC until they react to Andersen.

They're gonna release the translation patch aaaaany second now. Just have to be patient...

How many years did that dickhead fan group putz around with Fate/Hollow, only to have some rando guy come in and translate the whole thing under their noses in a couple of months? That was pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
App update is available on Qooapp