Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Shiny777 posted:

Feed them to your better CEs to level those up or burn them for mana prisms.

Oh. :(

I got a Kaleidoscope though, so I guess I'm not that poo poo up in luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got jack poo poo from a 10 roll and a few tickets. Feels gacha

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Lancelot and two Kaleidoscopes from a 10 pull. Gonna stop there, I wanna save up for when I eventually clear Rome so I can start pulling in vain for my waifu Nero.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

W.T. Fits posted:

Lancelot and two Kaleidoscopes from a 10 pull. Gonna stop there, I wanna save up for when I eventually clear Rome so I can start pulling in vain for my waifu Nero.

Hold off on pulling until Nero Festival, which is the first event. She has a rate up banner during the event.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I used up all my luck apparently from pulling jeanne. Only decent servant was lancelot.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Nothing on my main account or any of the 6 others I made yesterday but a single lancelot:suicide:

Finally getting herc makes it sting a bit less. I dumped the CE that increases np power by 40% so that should be fun

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 6, 2017

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know I said I'd save up for Altera but with all the free quartz we've been getting I decided to do just a 10 roll to see what I got, and no more.

This gets me up to NP3 Lancezerker too. And I wasn't even that hyped about Gil either. I guess the desire sensor is a real thing after all. Still gonna use him though because hell yes.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 6, 2017

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I hate you.

Ran through 120 quartz and 9 tickets and only came out with a lancelot and siegfried. And a pile of 4* ces

The gatcha is strong

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Trihugger posted:

Hold off on pulling until Nero Festival, which is the first event. She has a rate up banner during the event.

Yeah, I was planning to wait 'til then.

On that note, since that's a separate banner than the normal story banner, that means I can still pull for her without having to clear Rome first, right? I'm currently nearing the end of Orleans, so I should have plenty of time to get through Rome before then, but just in case I don't, I'd like to know if I can still pull for her on the event banner.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Welp, looks like I'm just busting the level cap on Lancer Cu a lot.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Story unlocks like Nero *only* show up in the story gacha or during rate up, and not in limited banners. That's what I last knew anyway someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Best I got with the free quartz from story and gifts was a Limited / Zero Over, some NP upgrades for Medusa and Cu, and a slew of 3 Star Servants I can look forward to burning. I might roll again as I progress in the story and get some more quartz but it looks like I'll have to try for Gil again when he rates up later.

On the flip side the lowered cost of the 40AP will probably mean I'll get to ascend Jeanne a second time today.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Used my free ticket for Emiya. No Gil, but got a second Jeanne so that's nice.

I managed 2 Kaleidoscopes as well. As I'm fairly new, the question is, do I keep both of them, or squish them together immediately? A lot of other cards I'm just mashing together, but some of the 4 and 5 stars seem like it would benefit you to have multiple.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
If you mash kaleidoscopes together before you have like, six of them, prepare to be made fun of.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

On that note, since that's a separate banner than the normal story banner, that means I can still pull for her without having to clear Rome first, right? I'm currently nearing the end of Orleans, so I should have plenty of time to get through Rome before then, but just in case I don't, I'd like to know if I can still pull for her on the event banner.

The story unlocks only affect the story gatcha, so yes, you'll be able to get her from her own event even if you haven't cleared Septem. Similarly, you won't be able to get her from other event gatchas even if you have cleared Septem.

Though you may as well clear Septem anyway since hey, it's more quartz to roll with.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Psiwri posted:

If you mash kaleidoscopes together before you have like, six of them, prepare to be made fun of.

That's why I asked! I'm learning apparently! :D

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Woo, got Attila with one of my free tickets.

For my free 4* should I get Martha, Marie, or Elisabeth?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm debating on who to spend my free 4* on. Currently trying to decide between Emiya (my only other Archers are Robin Hood and Arash, and I'm not planning to pull on the Gil banner again), Carmilla (my current Assassin stable consists of Kojirou, Cursed Arm Hassan, Jing Ke, Charlie Sanson, and Mata Hari) or just grabbing a second copy of Hercules to boost his NP.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Tickets got me trash. Wasn't expecting much.
First 10 pull got me Atalante, who lured me into false hype by being a gold archer card.

Then I did my second 10 pull. And I got Lancelot and Gilgamesh.

You know, after doing 30 odd tickets and ten 11 pulls in Brave Exvius and NOT getting the banner 5*, it feels really good to see my golden boy show up in here!!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Second herc.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm debating on who to spend my free 4* on. Currently trying to decide between Emiya (my only other Archers are Robin Hood and Arash, and I'm not planning to pull on the Gil banner again), Carmilla (my current Assassin stable consists of Kojirou, Cursed Arm Hassan, Jing Ke, Charlie Sanson, and Mata Hari) or just grabbing a second copy of Hercules to boost his NP.

I'd go with Emiya

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Second herc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOCJeqoWVo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
who's the best assassin right now? I got so much assassin exp but no one to use it on

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

who's the best assassin right now? I got so much assassin exp but no one to use it on

Kojibro and Hassan are great contenders

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Used up my 150 quartzes and 8 tickets. No Gil, only a Lancelot, a Kaleidoscope and three Heaven's Feel, making for four total counting the one I got on release.

While I don't mind getting so many 5* CEs, I'd trade all of those for Gil. The sadness begins!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm not hyped about Gil, but I love to pull on gachas. Been trying to resist though.

Nero is the next rate up event, isn't she?

Any idea when Alter Jeanne is supposed to be added? She's supposed to be good, right?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I know I said I'd save up for Altera but with all the free quartz we've been getting I decided to do just a 10 roll to see what I got, and no more.

This gets me up to NP3 Lancezerker too. And I wasn't even that hyped about Gil either. I guess the desire sensor is a real thing after all. Still gonna use him though because hell yes.

Wow, that's one hell of a roll. Congratulations!

I rolled a bunch of 2-3* CEs with free summon tickets. I'll hold off superstitiously until later for the 10 roll.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looking ahead, I could see maybe Waver's rateup being something to throw a 10 roll on, but the other rateups in that group are pretty bad outside of Lancelot and Waver could always show up in any other roll. I kind of like Tamamo and Drake, but I'm not certain I like them enough to waste a 10 roll on them. So besides this Gil rateup Okita in some 4 months time would be the next thing I'd want to seriously try for.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wish all these Attlia havers accept my friend request. Especially a person that has her at 70 and a level 2 NP.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
One 10 pull, a couple 4* CE's and dick-all otherwise. I got Herc with the free exchange since i already have Emiya.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Someone said that if you already have Herc and Emiya Carmilla is probably the best choice for the free 4*. How big a deal is she compared to Hassan or Kojiro? I don't really like anything about her, but if she's vastly better than the other two I might pick her up for gameplay reasons.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Carmilia is 'meh'

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

She has a defense debuff, and her NP heals/gives her an attack boost which is kinda neat.
We won't have an actual good assassin until London though, so she can put in a lot of work in the meantime.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Gologle posted:

Someone said that if you already have Herc and Emiya Carmilla is probably the best choice for the free 4*. How big a deal is she compared to Hassan or Kojiro? I don't really like anything about her, but if she's vastly better than the other two I might pick her up for gameplay reasons.

Hassan and Kojiro are crit star dependent and don't bring a lot to the table as far as skills go. Hassan's NP hits for 1200% base and has instant kill chance with overcharge so his NP is really good, especially in comparison to Carmilla, but Carmilla brings a lot more utility with her skills and her base stats being considerably higher (2* vs 4*) means her NP damage will equal out to Hassan's pretty quick.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Lovin it.

Pastrami
May 27, 2004
Fear the Lunch Meat
So I missed Gil this morning but got Waver, my 2nd nat5 (Jeanne was my 1st). Already have Tamamo cat. What would be the best free 4* to choose? Still Herc?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you don't have Herc already I think it would be foolish to not take him.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Everyone with Vel Sumanai on their friend list may now look at the All Support and not think "What a filthy liar."

i.e. ticketed for Sieg.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
ticketed for Emiya since I already had Vlad for when i need to zerk off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Any one else farming the 30ap quest for mana cube fodder?

Also to JP vets what goodies does the mana cube shop eventually give?