Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah, that hasn't been working so well for me. I was pretty disappointed earlier when I made a quest for a Crystal Braiding, finally after several attempts took down my first Thunderjaw, only for no Crystal Braiding to drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

You people are all crazy, the worst trial is the Nora one where you need to murder antelopes with logs. "Throw a bomb at a heard and hope the run under a trap!" is basically all there is to it. Except they don't. Ever.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Viridiant posted:

Yeah, that hasn't been working so well for me. I was pretty disappointed earlier when I made a quest for a Crystal Braiding, finally after several attempts took down my first Thunderjaw, only for no Crystal Braiding to drop.

Are you sure you went to both spawns? Anytime I couldn't get the thing to drop, I would eventually find that there was a second circle on my map for the quest.

Could just be bad luck, though, I guess. I thought I put one in a loot table for sure, just not always in the first place you look.

Paper Planes
Mar 23, 2013

Digital Osmosis posted:

You people are all crazy, the worst trial is the Nora one where you need to murder antelopes with logs. "Throw a bomb at a heard and hope the run under a trap!" is basically all there is to it. Except they don't. Ever.

I just ended up alerting the watchers and luring them over to the log traps, which I'm pretty sure was not the creators' intention.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Digital Osmosis posted:

There's like 30 traps. They can't not run under a trap. It's by far the easiest challenge. You can literally just chase them and shoot the traps as they run by them.

Just ignore the watchers.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've had more trouble trying to get the stupid logs to fall more than anything.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe they changed it in a patch? All the times I've done it, you shoot an arrow at the logs and they fall. Like anywhere on them.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I tried using arrows but nope. Had to use the blast sling to make them budge.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In my game they could be unresponsive when shot from the side or from the back so I always made sure to aim at them from the front.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's weird, the only activation zone is the front flap of the log trap, anywhere else is insensitive to arrows. It is barely visible from the back. But it's a mechanic that is barely used, only a handful of log traps are found in the wild.

Darkside543
Nov 27, 2007

Did anyone else see that the new patch has New Game + and face paint? And it's available now?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

They also added ultra-hard difficulty :getin:.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

There were log traps in the wild?! Geez

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Darkside543 posted:

Did anyone else see that the new patch has New Game + and face paint? And it's available now?
Well poo poo there goes my next 2 weeks. Still need 2 trophies for plat.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh, yeah I always shot at the front of log traps, since that's the angle I could see if there were machines in the killzone.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lol check this out, T4 weapons, time to farm up shards

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/06/horizon-zero-dawn-patch-1-30-adds-new-game-face-paint-options-ultra-hard-difficulty-more/

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Welp. I was gonna work on Tides of Numenara or one of my backlogged games but I think my plans just got changed....

:getin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Darkside543 posted:

Like a thief in the night. Holy poo poo Guerrilla!

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Those don't cost that much. I have like 20000 shards right now, nearing the end of the game, with nothing left to buy.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Awesome news!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

New Game + comes with two new trophies? Does that mean I'm not platinum anymore??

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Wendell posted:

New Game + comes with two new trophies? Does that mean I'm not platinum anymore??

While I haven't checked for myself, I saw someone say they were added as DLC trophies so you keep your platinum.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Wendell posted:

AFAIK once you get a plat you keep it even if they add more trophies afterwards. Same thing happened with DA:I .

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Now that NG+ exists I believe in my heart that this thread should get a title change so that people who have finished Horizon long ago can go back and replay it!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bananaquiter posted:

We all fell to our deaths immediately after getting the master over-ride, right? It want just me I hope.

almost!

I actually caught myself on the lip of the rock outcropping down below and shockingly managed to make my way back off.

On the other hand, my girlfriend rolled Aloy off the cliff right after the conversation with Rost at the very beginning of the game. Like first thing she did was press dodge, right off the giant cliff.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Which merchant sells the new armor and weapons?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“exquisite tea”" post="“474095934”"]
Now that NG+ exists I believe in my heart that this thread should get a title change so that people who have finished Horizon long ago can go back and replay it!
[/quote]

I just lent it to a friend two days ago since I had my platinum trophy and thought it was safe to wait until the DLC :negative:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Wait are the new weapons and armor NG+ only?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Which merchant sells the new armor and weapons?
And where do we activate our facepaints?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

SubponticatePoster posted:

And where do we activate our facepaints?

From what I've seen, you have to beat NG+ on hard or above to unlock face paints.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

ShadowedFlames posted:

From what I've seen, you have to beat NG+ on hard or above to unlock face paints.

Boo. Hiss.

We filthy casuals want to play caveman Barbie dress up, too.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
My gf tried to play new game plus, but it's greyed out. She beat the game, are we missing anything here?

E: Nvm, apparently you have to load into the game you beat and choose new game from there.

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 7, 2017

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Just finished it, might be one of the best games I've ever played.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

exquisite tea posted:

I put this down when Andromeda came out, thought that would be the good sci fi.

Now I'm reminded of this absolute gem and am gonna dive back into it.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

This new patch demonstrates exactly how to support a game post-launch.

Guerilla owns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only question is to play now or wait for the DLC.

I like that they added trophies for the 2 new things you'd obviously want to do. Is that end game armor still super broken and op?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

One trophy is for beating it on ultra hard. So much for my 100%

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

veni veni veni posted:

The only question is to play now or wait for the DLC.

I like that they added trophies for the 2 new things you'd obviously want to do. Is that end game armor still super broken and op?

I'm gonna wait and just do NG+ and play the DLC while doing that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I suspect the DLC will have lots of funs weps + costumes you'd want to play the entire game with so I will do one NG+ run now and save another for when the Frozen Wilds hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking forward to going back into my hudless run.

I'm so excited about this update. I wasn't expecting anything until the dlc.