Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ugh, decisions decisions.

Liz or that assassin Sthl....something.

Liz seems cool and stabby, but I do now have Cu and I don't have an assassin at all.

Or maybe just Emyia because UBW is p cool.

This game is terrible. :mad:
:f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Honestly neither Liz nor Stheno are great picks. If you want an Assassin from the free 4*s, get Carmilla. As a bonus you're also... kinda sorta picking Liz too.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Tired Moritz posted:

I appreciate them whales, especially those that ACCEPT MY FRIEND REQUEST.

I have someone on my friends list named Waifu with a level 80+ Jeanne that's been carrying me hard. Thanks Waifu!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Why did I blow all my quartz on Gil when I already have Emiya...?

Why am I considering opening my wallet for a F2P gacha game...?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

Why did I blow all my quartz on Gil when I already have Emiya?

You can make them RP fight at your Chaldea meetings.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Speaking of unnecessary spending, I added my name to the goon list of friends. I've only got 1 Waver buddy right now and for some reason he keeps sporadically dropping from my friends list, so if you have one odds are I'll add you.

Why does that happen, btw? Some of my friends will just vanish from my support list even though I was using them just one battle prior.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

Speaking of unnecessary spending, I added my name to the goon list of friends. I've only got 1 Waver buddy right now and for some reason he keeps sporadically dropping from my friends list, so if you have one odds are I'll add you.

Why does that happen, btw? Some of my friends will just vanish from my support list even though I was using them just one battle prior.

It'll randomly select some each time from players who have been online recently. You can reroll which ones it gives you by hitting "Update List" at the top of the screen.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The reroll the available friends every once in a while, probably to prevent you from relying o the level 70 Jeanne all the time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

I have someone on my friends list named Waifu with a level 80+ Jeanne that's been carrying me hard. Thanks Waifu!

My Jeanne sharer is Mein Fuhrer.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

Ugh, decisions decisions.

Liz or that assassin Sthl....something.

Liz seems cool and stabby, but I do now have Cu and I don't have an assassin at all.

Or maybe just Emyia because UBW is p cool.

This game is terrible. :mad:
:f5:
Liz isn't the best servant in-game, but I loved her in Extella so I use her on my main team here. Her debuff NP helps as well depending on your setup.

She was in my first charity 10-pull. #Blessed

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Honestly neither Liz nor Stheno are great picks. If you want an Assassin from the free 4*s, get Carmilla. As a bonus you're also... kinda sorta picking Liz too.

I totally spaced that she is an assassin when I posted.

The main thing is I'm sort of waffling about in the no man's land between "gently caress it, I'll just use whoever I think is cool, cute, or funny" and playing as optimally as I can within the confines of the RNG.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I wasn't expecting the AP discount and couldn't spend enough of it before work, so now I'm stressing about all the wasted AP.

Spent what I had accumulated. Still don't have a 5* servant, but pulled a few 5* CEs, St. Martha, and NP duplicates of Lancelot, Cu Chullain, Medea, and the 3* Rider I've been using who jumps on boats. So my team got a little stronger in a lot of ways. I only ascended Tamamo Cat once, I'll probably switch her out for unsexy zombie Lancelot.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
here i am waiting for Tamamo so i can be cute + optimal w/ my boy triple V

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Stagger_Lee posted:

I wasn't expecting the AP discount and couldn't spend enough of it before work, so now I'm stressing about all the wasted AP.

Spent what I had accumulated. Still don't have a 5* servant, but pulled a few 5* CEs, St. Martha, and NP duplicates of Lancelot, Cu Chullain, Medea, and the 3* Rider I've been using who jumps on boats. So my team got a little stronger in a lot of ways. I only ascended Tamamo Cat once, I'll probably switch her out for unsexy zombie Lancelot.

Alternatively, Use both plus a friend's list Hercules for Maximum Berserking.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Pulled 4 10 pulls, got Altria and Lancelot, but no Gil. Guess I'll have to wait for the next time he shows up.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

a kitten posted:

I totally spaced that she is an assassin when I posted.

The main thing is I'm sort of waffling about in the no man's land between "gently caress it, I'll just use whoever I think is cool, cute, or funny" and playing as optimally as I can within the confines of the RNG.
Use who you like then just pick an optimum Support from your friends list when you go into a fight. I mean, if you don't like the characters you're using then what's the loving point?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

RanKizama posted:

I mean, if you don't like the characters you're using then what's the loving point?

Gotta catch em' all!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MotU posted:

here i am waiting for Tamamo so i can be cute + optimal w/ my boy triple V
I've got Tamamo and she does decent damage, but holy poo poo she is squishy as all hell. The enemy seems hellbent in focusing her down as quickly as possible so I think I've gotten to use her NP like...twice?

Nyaa posted:

Gotta catch em' all!
gently caress that noise. I fed Spartacus to Medusa and never looked back. lol

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So I noticed they changed some of the translations in the latest patch: Mash's skills now follow the more common fantranslations of 'Transient Wall of Snowflakes' and 'Obscurant Wall of Chalk'. Lancelot's 1st skill is also back to 'Eternal Arms Mastery'.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

RanKizama posted:

I've got Tamamo and she does decent damage, but holy poo poo she is squishy as all hell. The enemy seems hellbent in focusing her down as quickly as possible so I think I've gotten to use her NP like...twice?

Oh, that's Tamamocat.

Tamamo Caster is probably what they are talking about since Vlad is a great pairing with her and she's also what I'm waiting to spend some money on.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Tamamo_no_Mae

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Oh, that's Tamamocat.

Tamamo Caster is probably what they are talking about since Vlad is a great pairing with her and she's also what I'm waiting to spend some money on.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Tamamo_no_Mae
Tamamo Caster isn't available yet so I assumed they were talking about Berserker. My bad. I have no idea how team optimization works to be honest so the Vlad thing went over my head.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

RanKizama posted:

Use who you like then just pick an optimum Support from your friends list when you go into a fight. I mean, if you don't like the characters you're using then what's the loving point?

:yeah:

Decision made.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So JP FGO spent months/years to implement QOL improvements and sprite updates and the like to get good, NA FGO will instead gradually change its translation from babelfish to passable.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
My 2 ten pulls I had stocked up got me Lancelot, Formal Craft, a third Robin Hood, a second kalidescope and a bunch of trash. I had 6 quartz left over, so I decided to throw three into the void...

So, what CE is best on him? I've got imaginary around, kalidescope and code limited over.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I don't get Gilgamesh with all the quartz i have saved up.... I don't know I might reroll for him

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I don't get Gilgamesh with all the quartz i have saved up.... I don't know I might reroll for him
You only miss like 1 1/2 week of effort. It's not really a hard choice if you really want him.:shrug:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
What's the most efficient way to level up CE?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Largepotato posted:

What's the most efficient way to level up CE?
Stock up until success rate up event (now), then pick one star card and feed to another same card. Then select a same but lv 1 card and feed the last card into it. Then repeat this step to feed the accumulated card into a new card, but make sure you raise the level cap to be able to take in all the exp without maxing it.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

My friends officially hate me. I got Gilgamesh on my first 10-roll.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

serefin99 posted:

My friends officially hate me. I got Gilgamesh on my first 10-roll.

Don't worry we all hate you too

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm sick and stuck home so I'm rerolling on my tablet. I doubt I'll be able to get an account that surpasses the one I'm running, but I'll try for a bit.

Interestingly enough, it seems like the Android version uses way better assets. The iOS app has some awful compression artifacts on every single sprite.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

Stock up until success rate up event (now), then pick one star card and feed to another same card. Then select a same but lv 1 card and feed the last card into it. Then repeat this step to feed the accumulated card into a new card, but make sure you raise the level cap to be able to take in all the exp without maxing it.
Huh, so basically feed high level cards into lower leveled ones? Something like if you give a level 1 a level 10, it'll wind up level 15? Something like that?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nate RFB posted:

Huh, so basically feed high level cards into lower leveled ones? Something like if you give a level 1 a level 10, it'll wind up level 15? Something like that?
If you feed a lv 1 card to a lv 1 card, it will gain 1000 exp.

If you feed a lv 10 card to a lv 1 card, it will gain 1090 exp.

The extra exp came from the lv of the card -1 and multiply by 10.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Spooked by Atalanta. Thanks, Kirei.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Nyaa posted:

Wait why is this efficient when you could feed two level 1 cards to another to gain 2k? I thought this would be more like PAD pengdras where the xp feed grows more than the xp fed to the fodder. Is it just a qp efficiency thing?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait rerolling today still gives you all the quartz for extra rolls as well as all the junk they gave us? Or is that just for accounts made prior to today?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

So this sort of situation? (all hypothetical)

Smashing a level 1 together with a level 1 of the same type results in a new card at level 10.

Smashing that level 10 together with a level 1 gives you another level 10...plus 90 XP.

And that will in the long run give you more XP than if you did it the other way, the level 1 into the level 10?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Nyaa posted:

I have brain problems. I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Wait why is this efficient when you could feed two level 1 cards to another to gain 2k? I thought this would be more like PAD pengdras where the xp feed grows more than the xp fed to the fodder. Is it just a qp efficiency thing?
It adds up over time, it's 900 xp after ten time and save you one card worth of exp. It is optional to do it.

Doing it one card at a time however, is important because you will have more chance to trigger great/super success.