Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Really can't stand having to fight electric wizrobs normally and not having a one shot kill like the fire and ice. Especially when every single one will summon a lightening storm during combat.

So is there a more technical breakdown of the cooking mechanics and ingredients, specifically what generates diminishing returns like using 4 boboklin guts and 1 fleet lotus seed/speed ingredient?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is there a dye that can turn the Cap the same color as the Champion's tunic?

That tunic seems to more of Link's "official" look than the Tunic of the Wild.

You can't get the same exact blue, but if it helps- Link wore the default colour Hylian hood with the Champ's tunic in the first trailer

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

pentyne posted:

Really can't stand having to fight electric wizrobs normally and not having a one shot kill like the fire and ice. Especially when every single one will summon a lightening storm during combat.

So is there a more technical breakdown of the cooking mechanics and ingredients, specifically what generates diminishing returns like using 4 boboklin guts and 1 fleet lotus seed/speed ingredient?

Just head shot them from the sky with a bow and stasis them when they pop out and you won't even get a storm.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I forget the name, but I imagine getting stranded early on that castaway island in Master Mode would be hellish. Especially if you manually saved your game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

snoremac posted:

I forget the name, but I imagine getting stranded early on that castaway island in Master Mode would be hellish. Especially if you manually saved your game.

You can't save on the island.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

.TakaM posted:

You can't get the same exact blue, but if it helps- Link wore the default colour Hylian hood with the Champ's tunic in the first trailer

Yeah. Hylian hood, champion's tunic and Hylian trousers could be considered Link's "official" clothing for BotW, going by the trailers and amiibo stuff.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is there a dye that can turn the Cap the same color as the Champion's tunic?

That tunic seems to more of Link's "official" look than the Tunic of the Wild.

I thought the default gray looked dumb with the Champion's Tunic and you can't get the exact right shade of blue, so I dyed mine white instead. Looks pretty decent that way and it also looks really nice with the Knight Armor. Bonus points if you also dress your horse in the Knight's Saddle and Bridle and ride around in style.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

snoremac posted:

Eventide is fairly trivial when you already know where everything is and abuse stealth. You don't have to fight anything.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I wish there was a way to cheat in inventory items on the Switch because I would love to start a master mode game with the Of the Wild set (or maybe just have it immediately after the plateau).

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Calaveron posted:

- No boss rush mode. Skyward Sword managed to sneak in a boss rush mode why didn't this game

I thought there is a boss rush if you just go straight into the castle without doing any of the beasts?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Fortis posted:

I wish there was a way to cheat in inventory items on the Switch because I would love to start a master mode game with the Of the Wild set (or maybe just have it immediately after the plateau).

The Wild set is so goddamn ugly though.

who would willingly wear that?

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Zore posted:

Well, I don't do the boyshorts of the wild.

Actually, my preferred look is the Cap of the Wild (dyed green), Hylian Tunic (also green), and Hylian Trousers. So I'd settle for just the cap.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Zore posted:

The Wild suit is the best suit in the game and the coolest looking Link. Try hard edgy teenager Link, Twilight Link, and the Ocarina Adult Link poo poo looks stupid -- Ocarina in particular, it's okay but kinda dumb and boring as gently caress because Ive seen it in every Zelda game.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Fortis posted:

Well, I don't do the boyshorts of the wild.

Better than the Booty Shorts of the Hero, at least. They cover less leg than Link's underwear.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Spergatory posted:

Better than the Booty Shorts of the Hero, at least. They cover less leg than Link's underwear.

GOOD

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Tried the final trials for the first time. Saving my two full+3 hearts meals for when I really need them. Killed frost talus without taking damage. Five hearts left.... I can wait.

Oh, a Lynel. *accidentally crouches* GAME OVER

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Tried the final trials for the first time. Saving my two full+3 hearts meals for when I really need them. Killed frost talus without taking damage. Five hearts left.... I can wait.

Oh, a Lynel. *accidentally crouches* GAME OVER

Why the gently caress did you cook your fairies

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I just died to the Guardian Turret in the last room of the Sword Trials after taking out everything else because I thought a level 2 defense boost was enough to let me take 10 hearts of damage before I used one of the five full-heals I had left.

I'm so loving angry.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

do Ancient Arrows do effective damage against the bosses inside the Divine Beasts?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

C-SPAN Caller posted:

There was only one fairy at that point and I had it, but multiple arrows killed me.

The fairy came out and I still died.

You can't re-do the other trials and carry over to the final trials can you? You always start final trials with nothing, right?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Why wouldn't you? Like every other healing item in the game, they're better cooked. What downside is t-

Ugh, gently caress me.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
On the final trials, you can find nine ancient arrows. That's enough to instantly kill the lynels, guardian stalkers, guardian skywatchers, and guardian turrets with one to spare. Use them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zoran posted:

On the final trials, you can find nine ancient arrows. That's enough to instantly kill the lynels, guardian stalkers, guardian skywatchers, and guardian turrets with one to spare. Use them.

I was planning to. I just died before I could.

I also used one on the igneo talus but it didnt do poo poo. Won't be doing that again.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
IF anyone in the US is looking for Champion Amiibo to go with their Zelda experience, pre-orders went up on Best Buy at 3:30pm on 7/6

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FireMrshlBill posted:

IF anyone in the US is looking for Champion Amiibo to go with their Zelda experience, pre-orders went up on Best Buy at 3:30pm on 7/6

I might be sorry if they do cool things, but I just don't love any of them. I would buy WW zelda and Majora Link right now if they were in stock anywhere except with scalpers. Oh well.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Bloop posted:

I also used one on the igneo talus but it didnt do poo poo. Won't be doing that again.

:same:

Still managed to come out the end with 2 ancient arrows left over so it worked out in the end, at least.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

FireMrshlBill posted:

Looks like Daruk and Revali aren't available yet.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like Spin-2-Win is even easily achievable on Gold Lynels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3zUishz7w

Also, am I crazy or is that Coliseum Lynel the most reliable for dropping star pieces?

ProjektorBoy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 6, 2017

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mastajake posted:

I think those just sold out first;

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lmao that last loving room. holy poo poo i thought the one before hand was the last one for how annoying it was. also i managed to lure the horseback riders and the lynel to the other end while i tried to climb up the tower to take out the guardian and then lol lynels can shoot through towers now i guess. i shoulda saved my loving ancient arrows.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

mastajake posted:

I got all 4, i think they started selling out around the 1/2 hour mark after they went live.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thunderblight Gannon on Master Mode is...less than an ideal fight. I had a tough time with it in regular but him being able to float around & recharge really sucks if you miss even one dodge.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Why the hell are they having such horrid stocking of these champion amiibo, I had literally zero issue getting Zelda Link and a guardian or pre ordering the Metroid blister, and Odyssey ones are easy to get too.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 7, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Holy moly Hero's Path is just the best thing ever implemented in an open world game
All the cool places I never explored! This huge bridge near Akkala where I had an impromptu duel with a chunky Yiga

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Why the hell are they having such horrid stocking of these champion amiibo, I had literally zero issue getting Zelda Link and a guardian or pre ordering the Metroid blister, and Odyssey ones are easy to get too.

The Champions have had two fairly substantial preorder periods; they've been easier to lock down than a lot of others.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

jivjov posted:

The Champions have had two fairly substantial preorder periods; they've been easier to lock down than a lot of others.

30 minutes is not substantial.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

C-SPAN Caller posted:

30 minutes is not substantial.

For the rarer of the amiibo? Yeah, it kinda is. And the first time around they were up for hours.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

jivjov posted:

For the rarer of the amiibo? Yeah, it kinda is. And the first time around they were up for hours.

Some of us are busy though and can't be ready on the drop to pre order. Eitherway I'll probably just end up getting scalped if Nintendo doesn't put them in stores

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I found a guardian amiibo at Best Buy today. It’s cool. gently caress the switch for making me buy amiibos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Some of us are busy though and can't be ready on the drop to pre order. Eitherway I'll probably just end up getting scalped if Nintendo doesn't put them in stores

Get text alerts from NowInStock.net

But ya, even with that, if I didn't work from home these days, I wouldn't be able to get as many.