Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
there's nothing to get, he's just wrong. feed all your stuff at level 1

edit: I did not know about the mechanic in the post below, interesting. not worth the time though

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
The part that Nyaa isn't mentioning is that the receiving card also gets all the experience that was put into the source card, in addition to the dumb 1000+10*(lv-1) thing. So if you feed a level 50 to a level 1 the result will be level 50 with a bit of extra exp.

edit: Note that Great and Super successes don't multiply that accumulated experience, though - they only multiply the 1000+10*(lv-1) part.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 6, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

The part that Nyaa isn't mentioning is that the receiving card also gets all the experience that was put into the source card, in addition to the dumb 1000+10*(lv-1) thing. So if you feed a level 50 to a level 1 the result will be level 50 with a bit of extra exp.
OK, that makes more sense. You're never losing anything if you do it in reverse, then. Other than maybe hitting a level cap eventually.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Edit: nvm

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Using Gil via friend support talked me off the ledge of re-rolling for him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I actually pulled Gil on my first reroll but everything else about the pull was horrible.

Im keeping the code and seeing if the next few ones come up with some better stuff in it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Twib posted:

EMIYA has the twin bonuses of being strong lategame thanks to buffing quests they give him, and for being one of, if not the, most common starring Servant in an event, which means they give him a power boost or increased drop rates whenever he's in your party. In addition, most people stop using Carmilla once RyougiShiki comes out, while Liz just doesn't bring much to the table besides a buffed up Charisma for girls and isn't exactly the best pick for a support character.

Liz isn't the hottest lancer, but she's one of the only ones we get that's worth using, basically forever. I don't think we even got a 5 star lancer for months and months after launch, much less a second four star.

Hell, I still use Liz on my JP account, and even limit broke her to 90 there.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I hate when I wax prophetic.
Three ticket pulls and all are Siegfried. Cave and buy the last couple of quartz I need to do a 10 roll ... and another Siegfried.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I've decided to reroll for gilgamesh

have i truly become a monster

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

surrender to risemara

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

tokomon posted:

Three ticket pulls and all are Siegfried. Cave and buy the last couple of quartz I need to do a 10 roll ... and another Siegfried.

I want siegfried, he's cute.

gently caress, I want a saber in general. I literally have all the classes except for Saber.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

I mean, what's your 2 week account contain

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

tokomon posted:

Well you at least have the strongest siegfried of all the siegfrieds, congrats

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Samba De Amigo posted:

Well you at least have the strongest siegfried of all the siegfrieds, congrats

Aside from Lily, Siegfried is literally the only saber I have.

Tired Moritz posted:

I want siegfried, he's cute.

gently caress, I want a saber in general. I literally have all the classes except for Saber.

I like Siegfried as Siegfried but I don't enjoy using him too much. Literally the only saber I have. Welp.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tae posted:

I mean, what's your 2 week account contain

lancelot,emiya, stethno, saber lily, and deon.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I have tested sig in jp version with anti-dragon skill maxed. Targeting the most common dragon class (rider) reveals assasin is still better. Not sure about lancer dragon because that only shown up like ONCE.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Hey, at least I have a buff as tits Kojiro for handling dragons! :3:

Edit: Rolling a new game on another device. Let's see how many Siegfriedses I get there.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I don't think you're eligible for the free 4-star pick if you reroll now, so that's something to into consideration if it matters to you.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Edit: double post.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

I don't think you're eligible for the free 4-star pick if you reroll now, so that's something to into consideration if it matters to you.

You are, the ticket is in the mailbox. You dont get everything else though like the free tickets

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Team up your Siegfried with St-George. Doctor Geo's NP gives the Dragon trait to the enemy for three turns.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I've gotten 2 Gilgamesh in 8 rerolls so far.

If I at any point manage to pull a Gil + Jeanne or Gil + Waver, I'll give away my previous account for sure.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Anyone still looking for accounts? I've got a couple vlads, an altria, a couple alteras, and a jeanne d'arc I don't need now.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I also got a ton of Kaleidoscopes, a Herc and a second Attila but no Gil. I was also blueballed by Atalante.

Rolling Herc made Emiya an easy pick though

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Team up your Siegfried with St-George. Doctor Geo's NP gives the Dragon trait to the enemy for three turns.

I'll give that a shot when he graces me with his lovely auburn mane. He's been a shy boy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

tokomon posted:

I'll give that a shot when he graces me with his lovely auburn mane. He's been a shy boy.

He's a 2-star so you just need patience.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

True. He just hasn't popped for me yet. :sigh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pick Berserker as your hero and see a 2k friend summon every day.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I GOT THE BOY

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Pick Berserker as your hero and see a 2k friend summon every day.

I assume that'll drop off now that the free 4* means everyone and their dog has Hercules in their support set.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
gil sucks

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

mongrel

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

maybe my opinions are spoiled by jeanne and support-grab hercules both basically being goku

but gil is garbo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gil is great. his np does kinda eh damage but otherwise he's stupid good, and he'll get an interlude that upgrades his np damage to insane levels.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Do all the interludes boost their respective characters?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Do all the interludes boost their respective characters?
some are just plot. you can tell which is is which by the icon next to the quest, the ones that boost their np will have a gold coin with a sword in the middle while ones that are just story will just have quartz. The coin without a sword means it boosts a skill or gives them a new one.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

some are just plot. you can tell which is is which by the icon next to the quest, the ones that boost their np will have a gold coin with a sword in the middle while ones that are just story will just have quartz. The coin without a sword means it boosts a skill or gives them a new one.

(if you look closely you'll note they match the icons in the Enhance menu)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hello thread, I am here to ask if there is any point to keeping dupes of 4* or 5* servents outside of weird otaku obession? Or just feed any I've got to the version of the card I've developed to buff their NP?

Also blew all the stones I saved up on Gil's gacha, all the 5*s I got were CE. Rip

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As a longtime owner of Gil on JP, I will tell you that while he is good, he can often seem underwhelming.

Because his attacks hit so many times and so fast, you don't get as much of a sense when he's hitting really hard as you do when another servant does a single buster attack for 12k, for example.

Also, before his NP is strengthened in his second interlude (requiring you to clear London first, two areas after Rome) it honestly kinda hits like a limp noodle. Especially if you're not fighting servants.

SaffronKit posted:

Hello thread, I am here to ask if there is any point to keeping dupes of 4* or 5* servents outside of weird otaku obession? Or just feed any I've got to the version of the card I've developed to buff their NP?

Also blew all the stones I saved up on Gil's gacha, all the 5*s I got were CE. Rip

If you have dupes of a servant you will use, lock one, and feed the rest to the to buff their NP. I don't think there's any point in using and developing more than one copy of the same servant.

Leveling up NPs is good.

If you have enough dupes that you have spares even after leveling to NP5, you should probably burn them in the store. You can get Mana Prisms for 3*, rare prisms for 4*, and (I think) Unregistered Spirit Origins for 5* (but only if you have 5 copies already? I dunno how it works, I've never gotten one)

Mana Prisms are good because every month you can buy a pack of tickets, xp cards, and fou cards, and sometimes an expensive CE.
Rare prisms have even better rewards.
Unregistered Spirit Origins require you to have a bunch of copies of the same 5* servant to get, and then you need a bunch of them to buy another 5* servant. If you have any of them you should honestly put your phone down and think about what you did, because it's a feature intended for the craziest of whales.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

SaffronKit posted:

Boost those NPs