Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SaffronKit posted:

Hello thread, I am here to ask if there is any point to keeping dupes of 4* or 5* servents outside of weird otaku obession? Or just feed any I've got to the version of the card I've developed to buff their NP?

Also blew all the stones I saved up on Gil's gacha, all the 5*s I got were CE. Rip
dupes literally have no purpose outside of increasing np.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Did 1 10 pull and got nothing outside medusa and lancer cu chu dupes...

I don't really care for gil so not sure why the heck I did that?

Time to save up for Tamamo and JAlter again :|

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Did 1 10 pull and got nothing outside medusa and lancer cu chu dupes...

I don't really care for gil so not sure why the heck I did that?

Time to save up for Tamamo and JAlter again :|
I did the same thing for some reason, but at least I had a chance for Nero. Whom I still don't have. :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Well, great. I didn't get Gilgamesh but I got Artoria and that Kaleidoscope thing. Now it's harder for me to leave this account with two 5* characters and reroll.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Stairmaster posted:

I GOT THE BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI7YHZVc7mM

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Bakanogami posted:

Leveling up NPs is good.

RanKizama posted:

Boost those NPs

Hell yeah. Time to eat yourself Lancelot!

I only wish I had rolled Gil because maximum :smuggo: the man is something I want on my team. Not gonna whale in FGO though, despite the fact this game is way way nicer than PAD in terms of IAP vs non-IAP

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 7, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm gonna max all my lancers, assassins and berserkers today at this rate.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which, if any, of Hercules' abilities do I want to enhance?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dodge to work towards lowering the cooldown.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Quests changed, guess I'll level my Sabers/Riders/Berserkers now.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Soon, Raenir Salazar, you will not be the only one in my friends list with a 70 Jeanne. Soon...

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Nate RFB posted:

Soon, Raenir Salazar, you will not be the only one in my friends list with a 70 Jeanne. Soon...

Ugh, I only need 1 more caster piece for that 2nd ascension.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Thanks to these half off dailies I'm having trouble justifying any main plot progression.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Eh, mine's sitting at 64 now. Just have other Servants I've been leveling up instead now for the most part. Some exp cards are still being tossed that way every now and then.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
My beginner 10 pull gave me three 4*'s, two of which were Berserker and one was Martha. Very weird.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Tried rolling for Gil three times, only notable pulls were Lancelot and FSN Cu. Back to my weird luck where I only get 4* Berserkers...

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So! Help me out here because I'm an indecisive moron. Was content with the rerolled save I was messing with for the past few days, but on a whim I tried the original and finally got a 5* servant, even if it was Jeanne rather than Gilgamesh. :downs: Which presents a problem since I'm horribly indecisive and can't choose which one to go forward with... fortunately I did a good 15+ rerolls already and I'm sure not doing any more, so I'll be satisfied with the consensus here. Question is, which seems better? Listing the notable stuff, there's the first account...

Hercules, Emiya, Carmilla, Siegfried, Atalante
Caesar, Cu (Prototype), Medea, Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru
Imaginary Around, Heaven's Feel, Divine Banquet x2, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Gandr, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra

And the second. Which notably, I haven't picked the free 4* servant yet.

Jeanne, Elizabeth, Carmilla, Lancelot, (???)
Caesar, Cu (Lancer), Cu (Prototype), Kiyohime, Medea, Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru
The Imaginary Element, Iron-Willed Training, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Divine Banquet, Be Elegant x2, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra

Objectively speaking neither of these are super good with multiple 5* or whatever like folks willing to do a hundred rerolls get, but they both seem solid. Just, which is a better base? My instinct seems the second, but if so, which servant to go with it too?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I have reached the point where I am running out of units to level that I care about. Even Saber Lily is getting a turn now.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Decided to buy 33 dollars of Quartz so I could do another 2 10 pulls, in hopes of getting either Atlante or Lancelot. Got a bunch of 5* CEs, a few new ones, and Lancelot. I am content.

E: and because I am without a good archer other than Robin, EMIYA it is.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 7, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been beating up a fat man for hours trying to ascend best saber. At the very least Gaul has both the drops I need for her.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Asimo posted:

So! Help me out here because I'm an indecisive moron. Was content with the rerolled save I was messing with for the past few days, but on a whim I tried the original and finally got a 5* servant, even if it was Jeanne rather than Gilgamesh. :downs: Which presents a problem since I'm horribly indecisive and can't choose which one to go forward with... fortunately I did a good 15+ rerolls already and I'm sure not doing any more, so I'll be satisfied with the consensus here. Question is, which seems better? Listing the notable stuff, there's the first account...

Hercules, Emiya, Carmilla, Siegfried, Atalante
Caesar, Cu (Prototype), Medea, Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru
Imaginary Around, Heaven's Feel, Divine Banquet x2, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Gandr, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra

And the second. Which notably, I haven't picked the free 4* servant yet.

Jeanne, Elizabeth, Carmilla, Lancelot, (???)
Caesar, Cu (Lancer), Cu (Prototype), Kiyohime, Medea, Robin Hood, Ushiwakamaru
The Imaginary Element, Iron-Willed Training, Verdant Sound of Destruction, Divine Banquet, Be Elegant x2, Gem Magecraft: Antumbra

Objectively speaking neither of these are super good with multiple 5* or whatever like folks willing to do a hundred rerolls get, but they both seem solid. Just, which is a better base? My instinct seems the second, but if so, which servant to go with it too?

Go with the second and pick herc or emiya for the 4*, imo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm rolling Jeanne/Cu/Support and that does fine with Hercules in reserve. So second pick.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Psiwri posted:

Go with the second and pick herc or emiya for the 4*, imo.
Yeah this was my thought. Herc's done real well on the first save, but Lancelot kinda does the same job if not quite as effectively and I don't have a good 4* archer yet. Hmm.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I couldn't get Gilgamesh but I am a loving Kaleidoscope magnet, I have 3 now.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
has anyone had a reverse dragon scale drop yet

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are the daily quests that give out ascension/skill items still "bad"? I'm not sure if they were bugged or if they were just not as good as the ones in JP.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

MotU posted:

has anyone had a reverse dragon scale drop yet

Today's Event Dailies have a chance you fight Fafnir/a giant-rear end dragon that can drop those Scales.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

Today's Event Dailies have a chance you fight Fafnir/a giant-rear end dragon that can drop those Scales.

I've gotten the Demon 4 freaking times :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Does the rule of doing the highest AP for hunting quests applies or do you actually have a choice on what gives what?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
and right then i get a scale off the next dragon :v:

sup lvl 70 vlad

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Alard posted:

Thanks to these half off dailies I'm having trouble justifying any main plot progression.
Once I got Jeanne to 70 I had juuuust enough AP to finish Septem/Rome, so I'm glad to have that done. By my calculations I could roll a few more times with the quartz from unfinished free quests but the thought of rolling again is just too depressing at this point. Might as well just wait until he shows up again, with presumably other/better servants also in the pool.

I actually don't have too many units to level up at the moment, other than a few odd levels for some of my lesser used ones. Which means I guess my AP at this point is probably better spent on farming pieces.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Tae posted:

Does the rule of doing the highest AP for hunting quests applies or do you actually have a choice on what gives what?

Kind of/sort of depends on what you want for the hunting quests since they do have different enemy sets for reach rarity. That said, most of the lower AP options contain stuff that you could farm with some success from free quests whereas the the highest AP option contains stuff you only can farm from it while also containing the rarer of the lower AP enemies. And they have a guaranteed chest during the third wave even if it'll usually be a skill gem of some rarity.

For the friday quest, at least during half-off, you could do the middle level for chimera drops at less AP than germania. Still you probably shouldn't, but if you're absolutely desperate for claws it's the currently best available option. There's absolutely no reason to do the middle option for the thursday quest.

edit: Now that I've tried it several times either I'm really lucky or the chest is guaranteed for 20AP (10AP right now) monster hunts as well. So, probably a good idea to try to kill the chimera if you want claws.

Decus fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 7, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

and right then i get a scale off the next dragon :v:

sup lvl 70 vlad

Lucky, was fortunate enough to get 4 dragons back to back but no wing drop. Are you running the max AP one?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
it'd be great if shadow saber dropped this last piece

if jeanne is supposed to be the defensive one that doesn't hit to hard then I covet jeanne alter so, cuz she is on par with hercules

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Lucky, was fortunate enough to get 4 dragons back to back but no wing drop. Are you running the max AP one?

yeah max AP one, took about 7 dragons total and it was my only one i got and I'm up to 11 dragons now; 0 foreign god heart drops from demons

MotU fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 7, 2017

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Anybody have any luck running this on an emulator.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Oriental Hugs posted:

Yea, it works fine. There's a post for it on reddit.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Oriental Hugs posted:

It's my primary means of playing since my phone is nigh-incapable of running it. Go the Grand Order reddit and search for memu.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I hate dragon fangs. Please orleans, I've given you over 600ap now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
So just for fun, I did a reroll on my ipad just to try my luck. I thought my ipad was glitching because I literally saw Robin show up 4 times in a row during the tutorial roll:

It's archer time baby!

Apparently, it truly was class <Archer> time!