Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

freud mayweather posted:

that's exactly how he got the nickname "Jones"

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Tim Elliott owns.

Ultimate Fighter spoilers in the below link if you are watching the show and not up to date.

https://streamable.com/80zet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
ben 10 loving up tim elliot was amazing

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

threeagainstfour posted:

Tim Elliott owns.

Ultimate Fighter spoilers in the below link if you are watching the show and not up to date.

Those dudes that he called losers sure were salty about being called losers.

Maybe they shouldn't have been losers if they didn't want to be called losers.

loving Seth "Potato Nose" Baczynski going for Krause's eye during their confrontation was the act of a pathetic oval office. As if they're going to give the finalist fight to someone that lost a tepid decision in the first round.

Distinct lack of Cody for most of the episode was greatly appreciated.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

threeagainstfour posted:

Tim Elliott owns.

Has there been anything nearly this good in the last few episodes? I stopped watching after the nose balloon one and lmao at all of that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Power of Pecota posted:

Has there been anything nearly this good in the last few episodes? I stopped watching after the nose balloon one and lmao at all of that.

Not really, I DVR'd them and mostly just skipped to the training and fight stuff. The house stuff seemed pretty bad this season except for this week's episode, and you've seen everything relevant there.

Toothless Tom Galicchio vs. James Krause in a "3rd place" match has been confirmed for Friday night's card. Tom has been a real dark horse, I think his ceiling is pretty low but if he gets Krause down it'll be interesting.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Le Saboteur posted:

JT Money vs Dhiego Lima is the finalist fight for the TUF Finale show on Friday.

How has JT lost 15 fights? The guy seems like a loving beast. He looks like he is 2 weight classes bigger than every one of his opponents.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Looten Plunder posted:

How has JT lost 15 fights? The guy seems like a loving beast. He looks like he is 2 weight classes bigger than every one of his opponents.

Funny you should say that because he's had a couple of wins at LHW. Of his 15 losses, 14 of them have been submissions and one decision. He's never been knocked out so he doesn't have nearly as many miles on him as you'd think from a 30-15 fighter.

Watching the fight this week, the number of times JT just seemed to decide "nope" when Krause was trying to do something to him and JT just powered out of it was ridiculous. He's enormous for WW. I wonder how hard his cut is.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Steve Bosse unfortunately dropped out a few days prior with an injury so Jared Cannonier is fighting some guy now.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Happy Fried Chicken day, y'all

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I hope Cool Dad DC manhandles the poo poo out of Jones and gets to celebrate with his Popeye's

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If DC beats Jones and retires happy with nothing left to do in the sport I'll be happy

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
As stacked as UFC 214 is right now do you think it will do 1 million+ buys as is?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

threeagainstfour posted:

Tim Elliott owns.

At first I was thinking "why the hell is this poo poo so long" but then I saw a drunken, flippant Tim Elliot getting passively bumped around like a beach ball while seamlessly trolling the meme retard, so it all worked out okay

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
How many title fights do you think they'd have to cram onto a ppv to sell half a Conor fight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't watch TUF but it looks like jesse taylor is slowly morphing into peter postlethwaite

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I think a few people have noticed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KjSrnZRg6s

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Le Saboteur posted:

As stacked as UFC 214 is right now do you think it will do 1 million+ buys as is?

Unless there's a huge untapped market of Cyborg fans we don't know about who are going to buy the card then no, I don't.

Brazilians will stream it so it really won't

edit:

https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/883037053709045760

Memento fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 7, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
1. First off, Jon "bones" Jone was NEVER suspended for steroid use. He was suspended for 100% LEGAL sexual performance enhancing pills. Insane!

2. Dan C is a THUG who famously attacked Jon Jones on live television. If we lived in a just world, HE would be the one suspended

3. While he SAYS he doesn't want Jon to be (once again) unfairly attacked by society for being young, black, and rich; in truth he does want this to happen, because he's going to lose the fight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jones has not fought for a year and not fought a good opponent for 2.5 years.

Does this matter?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
When you're Jon Jones there's no such thing as a good opponent. "The mountain top is lonely"

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

don frye's introduction of sakuraba to the hall of fame is him doing a horny roast of miesha tate

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

strap in, get your skates on etc.
https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/883178520569970688

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Lol Tito managed to bring up his dick pic at the UFC Legends Q&A.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

handsome only face posted:

don frye's introduction of sakuraba to the hall of fame is him doing a horny roast of miesha tate

Wait, what?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

1. First off, Jon "bones" Jone was NEVER suspended for steroid use. He was suspended for 100% LEGAL sexual performance enhancing pills. Insane!

2. Dan C is a THUG who famously attacked Jon Jones on live television. If we lived in a just world, HE would be the one suspended

3. While he SAYS he doesn't want Jon to be (once again) unfairly attacked by society for being young, black, and rich; in truth he does want this to happen, because he's going to lose the fight.

Thoughts on the belligerent sexual tension between them?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gay Horney posted:

If DC beats Jones and retires happy with nothing left to do in the sport I'll be happy

:yeah:

:negative:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The UFC 213 weigh ins must be on in a couple of hours?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

no boards carelessly left in the octagon by skater kids this time please

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/883165211988865024

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Memento posted:

Not really, I DVR'd them and mostly just skipped to the training and fight stuff. The house stuff seemed pretty bad this season except for this week's episode, and you've seen everything relevant there.

Toothless Tom Galicchio vs. James Krause in a "3rd place" match has been confirmed for Friday night's card. Tom has been a real dark horse, I think his ceiling is pretty low but if he gets Krause down it'll be interesting.

That's what I thought, as soon as Cody's team couldn't lose anymore it kinda sucked the wind out of anything going on. I'm throwing a couple of dollars on Galicchio at +320, I feel like he's got a better chance than that and he can absorb a lot of punishment.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Thoughts on the belligerent sexual tension between them?

Hopefully translates to buys so my boy Jon can afford more cocaine.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
BREAKING Mma Journalist Exclusive: in candid lockerroom talk japanese dictionary reveals Gomi means either "the sacred canon of the most holy buddha" or in this more likely case "regular old garbage".

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cody said he won't be back till November at the earliest

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

he'll probably win because LHW is terrible

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gotta respect shogun he is still out there competing when most the dudes he came up with are long gone

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Trast posted:

Wait, what?

He said something about how awesome it would be if him and Miesha made a baby and combined DNA or something like that.

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

BREAKING Mma Journalist Exclusive: in candid lockerroom talk japanese dictionary reveals Gomi means either "the sacred canon of the most holy buddha" or in this more likely case "regular old garbage".

Someone should make a really clever double pun about this, then use it as a username for several years

• Locked thread