Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
When will the EXP card set in the prism exchange store restock? :ohdear: Feels like it's been 24h by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MrLonghair posted:

When will the EXP card set in the prism exchange store restock? :ohdear: Feels like it's been 24h by now

it will eventually be a monthly reset even though it says 1 Year; there hasnt been a date given when they goes into effect tho, but maybe August?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there anyway to ensure that rider pieces drop or is it just luck that riders will drop them?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

In a similar dumb question, is there any actual use for excess * and ** servants? Already wound up with a few with 5/5 NPs, and they don't sell worth crap. I guess just use them as a near-useless XP item for other servants?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Excess */** Servants can be burned if you don't care about their NPs, since they provide lovely experience.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Most */** won't be good until higher ascention/interlude unlock or high skill lv.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Excess */** Servants can be burned if you don't care about their NPs, since they provide lovely experience.

Bear in mind, they provide lovely QP and no mana prisms when burned, either.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hooray :toot:

And I don't really mind, just wasn't sure if there was some secret optimum strategy to using the things.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This story is as old as time for FGO vets I'm certain, but this Gil experience has been real disheartening. 4 rolls, two 5* CEs (one of which was a Kaleidoscope so...yay), no 4* servants, and a shitload of Jing Kes and Lu Bus. Also I haven't seen a 3* Servant in the FP gacha in a week. Like I don't even feel that gambling addict itch to try again because thus far it's been all risk and no reward.

Bakanogami posted:

Bear in mind, they provide lovely QP and no mana prisms when burned, either.
I definitely wish there was a "if I get this servant/ce/xp/fou card, burn it immediately" to save me the time.

errad
May 31, 2013
At 1% per - don't you need 50 rolls / 5 ten rolls in order to have even a 50% chance of getting 1 5 star? So - it's not bad luck at all until your 6th ten roll without a 5 star..?

Edit:

Is it .99^x? .99^70 = .4948...

errad fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 7, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's not how probabilities work!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If you aren't mega whale, keep playing until a random 5* grace you with their precious presences and build your team around it.

Or be like me and all in berk team and never have to worry about class. :black101:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Or even better, be like the F2P veterans among us and be happy that this isn't a game of getting the best RNG with pulls then sailing through content or not having the best RNG/wallet and having to spreadsheet and optimize everything to get anywhere.

I want an ArcSys FGO fighter but who doesn't.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It sucks that the best (smug) Gil is the 5*. I guess I can use baby Gil or Caster Gil when they come out but it won't be the same.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

MrLonghair posted:

I want an ArcSys FGO fighter but who doesn't.

I don't, but I don't like any of their fighting games. Which is too bad, because I like their visual style; I just hate their mechanics.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

yeah max AP one, took about 7 dragons total and it was my only one i got and I'm up to 11 dragons now; 0 foreign god heart drops from demons

Haha, took me 27 runs in total to get 1 wing :v: Gained a few levels at least.

I forgot I hadn't farmed Zerker statues so I can't even ascend after all that :smith:

I have no sabers outside Caesar and Lily so I managed to gather about 100 gold exp cards for that class with the half AP event and get Martha and Medusa to level 50/40 so that's pretty fun.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
With regards to NP and overcharge, if I haven't leveled up a Servant's NP (surprise surprise Jeanne and Herc are still at level 1), but I still chain them together, do I still get the overcharge effects? Right now it will say something like "Nine Lives, Level 1, 200% Charge", but I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nate RFB posted:

With regards to NP and overcharge, if I haven't leveled up a Servant's NP (surprise surprise Jeanne and Herc are still at level 1), but I still chain them together, do I still get the overcharge effects?
Yes, and you are a bad master.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I turned like 70 exp cards into prisms and then those into summon cards. Was trolled to gently caress with a gold Archer which turned out to be Atalante, then the second one got me Heracles. I guess the moral of the story is strip your account to the bone for summon cards and you will be rewarded. I'm not going to get Gil this time around but whatever I guess.

JP players how manyquartz do you think is in the game right now? Between storylines, quests, intervals etc? Must be a couple of hundred at least right?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 7, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

Yes, and you are a bad master.
Are there also benefits in the sense that, Nine Lives at level 1 100% charge will be inferior to Nine Lives at level 2 100% charge?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

With regards to NP and overcharge, if I haven't leveled up a Servant's NP (surprise surprise Jeanne and Herc are still at level 1), but I still chain them together, do I still get the overcharge effects? Right now it will say something like "Nine Lives, Level 1, 200% Charge", but I'm not sure if it's actually doing anything.

Yes. In fact I believe that NP5 still only lets you charge the gauge up to 300% so you still need to chain to reach 500% overcharge.

Nate RFB posted:

Are there also benefits in the sense that, Nine Lives at level 1 100% charge will be inferior to Nine Lives at level 2 100% charge?

Effects that scale with level scale regardless of overcharge. Effects that scale with overcharge scale regardless of level - though level does limit how much regular charge you can build.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nate RFB posted:

Depends on the effect wording behind <effect increase with overcharge>.

In herc case, overcharge will make his np inflict stronger DEF down.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nate RFB posted:

Some effects are only increased by the NP level, others are only increased by the overcharge. They are noted in the description.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
goddamn 70 Vlad just mulches things its kinda ridiculous. I'm sure that'll change in short order with events but I wish there was an autobattle button right now

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm mostly working off of confusion from "Effects" in http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Phantasm

If Excalibur A++ at level 2 100% is 400% damage, shouldn't Excalibur A++ at Level 2 200% also be 400%, rather than the 500% it lists? Or is that a typo for the first part (should be Level 1 100% for 400%).

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nate RFB posted:

If Excalibur A++ at level 2 100% is 400% damage, shouldn't Excalibur A++ at Level 2 200% also be 400%, rather than the 500% it lists? Or is that a typo for the first part (should be Level 1 100% for 400%).
The overcharge only affect the effect text it's next to. NP base damage are determined by NP level.

So overcharge will only raise the np gain.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

After getting to play with gil from people on my friends list I'm cool with not having him. I finally got a account with waver so I'm saving up for Jeanne alter (because she's good???) or Tamamo (because she's my waifu from extra and also good)

Do they really change all the graphics in-game to be like the comic for aprilfools? that owns and seems like a massive waste of effort

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nyaa posted:

The overcharge only affect the effect text it's next to. NP base damage are determined by NP level.

So overcharge will only raise the np gain.
Right, but then the Primary Effect (Damage %) for Excalibur should only be affected by its level, but in that chart it jumps up from 400% to 500% when the only that changed was the overcharge. Based on what has been said (and Artoria's wiki page itself) I think this is a typo and that they meant to have the first A++ row be level 1.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I recommend Cirnopedia.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So I've been trying to get optimal results from Command Card combos in battle. I've read somewhere (probably here) that for optimal NP gauge gain, it's Arts-Buster-Quick, because of how the order and each card works. Arts being the first card grants a bonus to every card after it for NP generation, and the last card gets the biggest boost, but because Buster barely gives any NP gauge it's better to stick it second, and Quick third to get optimal NP gains.

For maximum damage I guess it would be something like Buster-Arts-Quick, and for optimal star generation it would be Quick-Arts-Buster. Am I correct in these assumptions?

If so, does that apply only to a single Servant, or to all of them? Like, if I get a hand that has all cards for only 1 Servant, the above information is accurate for getting the most out of the Servant, whether it be NP gain, crit star gain, or sheer damage, but is it also true if the hand is full of cards from all three Servants?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Nate RFB posted:

Right, but then the Primary Effect (Damage %) for Excalibur should only be affected by its level, but in that chart it jumps up from 400% to 500% when the only that changed was the overcharge. Based on what has been said (and Artoria's wiki page itself) I think this is a typo and that they meant to have the first A++ row be level 1.
whoops read wrong, the first lvl 2 should be 1, thats a typo

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I'm mostly working off of confusion from "Effects" in http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Noble_Phantasm

Yes, the table should show A++ level 1 100% as 400%.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yes, gologle.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

DrManiac posted:

After getting to play with gil from people on my friends list I'm cool with not having him. I finally got a account with waver so I'm saving up for Jeanne alter (because she's good???) or Tamamo (because she's my waifu from extra and also good)

Do they really change all the graphics in-game to be like the comic for aprilfools? that owns and seems like a massive waste of effort

Haha yes, welcome to Type Moon april fools jokes.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Type Moon takes their April Fool seriously.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DrManiac posted:

They also turned the game into a Pokemon GO parody.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

So I've been trying to get optimal results from Command Card combos in battle. I've read somewhere (probably here) that for optimal NP gauge gain, it's Arts-Buster-Quick, because of how the order and each card works.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. ABQ is often the best NP gain but not always.

Each hit gives you NP gauge equal to (servant's base NP gain) * (card multiplier). Card multipliers are affected by the order in the chain and by the first card bonus based on these numbers.

The problem is that's per hit, not per card, so the number of hits a servant's attacks do can change what combination is optimal. If a servant's Arts cards do a low number of hits and their Quick and Buster cards do a lot of hits then ABQ will usually be best, because it maximises the effect of the first card bonus. But if a servant's Arts cards do loads of hits and their Quick and Buster cards barely do any then BQA could be better, since it maximises the benefit of the Arts card coming third.

There's no complete answer other than actually doing the maths. And that's just for one servant; natuarally mixing multiple servants with different base gains and numbers of hits makes things much more complicated.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
And there's no way in-game to tell how many hits a card does, right.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Tae posted:

And there's no way in-game to tell how many hits a card does, right.

You'd have to count the number of damage numbers that pop up during each attack animation. Otherwise just check the wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Overkill also double the np gain starting from the following hits after the deathblow's hit.