Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://youtu.be/NK1qKLklzUs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

http://plagueofgripes.tumblr.com/post/162696124166

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/inkuuusan/status/883057418984411137

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Seeing Pearl and Marina in motion in the actual game makes me like them a lot more. I guess I was just salty about no more Callie and Marie.

I was worried about how the pro controller was going to feel compared to the gamepad that I spent so much time playing with but it feels pretty great. With motion controls and sensitivity jacked all the way up it's right at home. I just need to get used to B being the jump button due to the right stick being in a different place.

The only thing I don't like is that they gave me a Splattershot Jr. in the tutorial but I didn't have it to start off with after it dumped me in the plaza. It was my favourite gun and loadout in the first game so I hope it's still around.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
https://twitter.com/DiegoAndsMtz/status/882991155604066304

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Splat Team Epic

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

The demo's now finally up on the EU store!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
hell fuckin yeah

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

also cake is way better than ice cream

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yo Splatoon 1 players were the mobile controls people seem to rave about the same for 1 as they seem to be in 2 (right-stick allows you to look left/right but to look up/down you need to tilt)? Because that seems really, really awkward for the Switch handheld mode.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I wish motion controls worked for every direction, like in Zelda or Gravity Rush. I don't understand why they don't.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Wendell posted:

I wish motion controls worked for every direction, like in Zelda or Gravity Rush. I don't understand why they don't.

Yeaah it feels really good in Zelda and not so much here.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Splatoon 1 you could look move your crosshair left and right and turn slightly with motion controls. I don't know if you could turn up the sensitivity but it seemed good for fine aiming to me.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 7, 2017

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Marina thinks cake is a bread and I don't know if I can get with that.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Overbite posted:

Marina thinks cake is a bread and I don't know if I can get with that.

Most cakes are quick breads

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Senpai short so what

Marie > Marina > Pearl > Callie

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I love all squidkids cephalopod children

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've never played Splatoon before but my Zelda Machine needs new games and this looks pretty fun so I think I'll get it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Frankston posted:

I've never played Splatoon before but my Zelda Machine needs new games and this looks pretty fun so I think I'll get it.
The first one was quite fun even though I was pretty bad at it, but I ended up not really playing it after the release weekend just because I got busy. Hopefully the portable-ness of the Switch means I'll be able to play 2 more. Check out the SplatFest demo if you can next weekend though.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Frankston posted:

Do you like fun casual shooters with style and charm for days? If so, you're good. Splatoon was a great game even with some of it's issues. It has that nice Overwatch feature of being enjoyable at every skill level.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is the test fire I downloaded before the thing for splatfest or is it a different download from eShop?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

The Bloop posted:

Is the test fire I downloaded before the thing for splatfest or is it a different download from eShop?

If you can't get to the hub, it's a different thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone else think it's a little hosed up that Crusty Sean's now deep-frying and serving his own kind as Inkling snacks?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rexroom posted:

If you can't get to the hub, it's a different thing.

I haven't tried. Just wondering if I needed to download a new thing or if it would be another slot in the Switch menu.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

I haven't tried. Just wondering if I needed to download a new thing or if it would be another slot in the Switch menu.

Download a new thing. It's in the eShop as the most recent listing, you can't miss it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone else think it's a little hosed up that Crusty Sean's now deep-frying and serving his own kind as Inkling snacks?

Food chain be damned, you gotta pay the bills.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hey man, food trucks are some high-concept poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
While I'm fully on team Marina, it's important we also consider this

https://twitter.com/AWDtwit/status/883226788398104577
https://twitter.com/AWDtwit/status/883223299144077312

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/beedeeboro/status/883248929227264000

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If I get sucked into becoming a fan of that god drat goblin babby...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pearl is good. I like Marina more but Pearl is also good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Fresh as hell, if true.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why is the vastly superior character on the right again? It's okay to mix things up sometimes Nintendo.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Saint Freak posted:

Why is the vastly superior character on the right again? It's okay to mix things up sometimes Nintendo.

:yeah:

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I'm now not sure of my team. Post downloading demo Marina personality is kind of eh. Also any word on how tokens are obtained? Food menu made me a bit nervous.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Vote based on the things you're actually supposed to vote for, maybe?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don't really like their catchphrase. "Don't get cooked, stay off the hook" is too wordy. Something short like "don't get caught" or "dale" is better.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

MR SQUIDWIDE
*air horns*

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did you know that squids are cannibals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
The decision to make the right stick unable to move the camera's y-axis with motion controls on is still the dumbest decision for spla2n. I need it for microcorrections

• Locked thread