Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
ok you know what that is good im going back to teabag

##vote yorkshire tea

he is at -3 9 hours until deadline for the love of god lets at least kill this one and not no lynch again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don't have much to say :/

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote YT let's kill early and get this extended d1 out of the way.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I don't have much to say :/

have you ever

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dhaes posted:

have you ever

I am usually the top poster by a wide margin

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

making a lot of shitposts does not mean you add anything of value, hth

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dhaes posted:

making a lot of shitposts does not mean you add anything of value, hth

I agree.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

##vote YT let's kill early and get this extended d1 out of the way.

Et tu Kashuno.

Seriously though if you want a lynch target it should be Foo.

Let's examine:

I initially get accused by Foo and post this rebuttal to the argument. Since quoting is weird, just click the quote to see.

The only response I get to that is:

Followed by this:

Captain Foo posted:

Pinterest Mom who do you think is the scum

Which foo uses to basically ignore anything I've said.

Then, Quid posts a reasonable explanation of why I'm unlikely to be scum which Foo then laughs off. But additionally when pushed, provides an explanation that makes no sense:

Captain Foo posted:

It requires an understanding of what the scum abilites and strategy are

town is not in a place to know them right now ( on later days there can be more constraints because town has more information and actions of they own)

Therefore I can only judge on what I saw, which seemed like scummy play to me

This is bullshit. For a lot of reasons, if I were to assume this then I couldn't assume anything about scum motives ever for the first two to three days of the game. That's an insane way to play mafia. We can and often do assume at least some scum capabilities based on what we imagine a fair game might look like. These get revised and updated as time goes on but this doesn't mean we can't initially do something.

It also bears mentioning, how does Foo, if this is true, know what "seems" like scummy play to begin with? It's because he's assuming things about the setup of the game to come to the conclusion that I'm scum to begin with, but when shown that this makes me more likely to be town, he rejects it.

##vote Captain Foo

I have literally no problem with being apathy lynched, but there's a case here that we're dropping for no good reason. The information I'll provide is strong enough that it's likely to help town fairly significantly anyway.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
areyoucontagious has not posted yet today and will be freely dunkable day three if they do not do so before deadline. CCKeane will be replacing ayc.

I don't like enforcing posting minimums because you are all adults with lives outside of a forums Mafia game, but the lurking is a problem. You will need to make five posts on day three or be freely dunkable day four. There is no reason anyone can not achieve that.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 7, 2017

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Do we have the votes to swing over to Opop?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Who is even here I signed up to play a mafia game not scream into the void

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
YT what is your read on Opop?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why opop specifically

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why opop specifically

Opop is my top scum read and YT is also a scum read of mine, and I haven't seen the two of them interact. Also they've both pushed empty or empty-feeling cases on Foo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm voting for him how is that not interacting?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you want to move the vote from a scum read to a scum read

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The level of lurking makes me think that scum is happy to coast and get by on town's apathy, so I'd murder a lurker today too

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Retro Futurist posted:

Your vote is lazy and mafia dad-ish

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

you want to move the vote from a scum read to a scum read

Yep, because I think Opop is scummier, and YT is at least posting so if they are scum it should be easier to catch them in a lie once we actually get a flip

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Retro Futurist posted:

Also he hasn't interacted with you and I was talking to him. Awful defensive, imo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

The level of lurking makes me think that scum is happy to coast and get by on town's apathy, so I'd murder a lurker today too

i'm voting for the lurker who only ever pops in to say "don't kill me" with an implausible claim

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EXAKT Science posted:

Also he hasn't interacted with you and I was talking to him. Awful defensive, imo

I'm not defensive you're defensive :mad:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

EXAKT Science posted:

YT what is your read on Opop?

Reads as extremely lazy. What's actually interesting is that his vote sits on Foo and then switches to me. This reads as scummy to me as Foo and I are in opposite corners and it looks like Opop is just trying to cross one of us off the board and it doesn't matter which.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'll kill anyone I just want a loving flip because we are playing fully blind right now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EXAKT Science posted:

I'll kill anyone I just want a loving flip because we are playing fully blind right now

Agreed

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My good friend cckeane should post because even if I had a scum read on the player he replaced I am still glad that he is in this game of mafia with me

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Assuming that we don't manage to stop a kill we have two more misses and then lose on the third one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I enjoy your moxie EXAKT

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Hal Incandenza posted:

I enjoy your moxie EXAKT

I enjoy Moxie too

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Dhaes posted:

ok you know what that is good im going back to teabag

##vote yorkshire tea

he is at -3 9 hours until deadline for the love of god lets at least kill this one and not no lynch again

What about Opop?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I get the terrible sinking feeling that I'm gonna get merked tonight :/

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

I enjoy Moxie too

I used to live by the Moxie factory

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

What about Opop?

How is he not normal Opop?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Yorkshire Tea posted:

We are Jacob and Isaac Lawless, brothers who haven't seen each other in a long time. My character is part of the crew and cajoles him into joining.

Flavor case but I don't buy this bc taste breadcrumbs a masonry by telling YT to check their PMs, so I think the masonry was created rather than inherent

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Flavor case but I don't buy this bc taste breadcrumbs a masonry by telling YT to check their PMs, so I think the masonry was created rather than inherent

?

that doesn't follow, and i don't believe the masonry was created

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i legit didn't remember that taste post, but yeah, if taste breadcrumbed the masonry killingg yt is dumb

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Pinterest Mom posted:

?

that doesn't follow, and i don't believe the masonry was created

Why and Why not, respectively?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

EXAKT Science posted:

That's because BK replaced out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EXAKT Science posted:

Not sure why... someone created a masonry in the middle of D1?

Just seems like YT had not made contact yet and maybe there was no mason doc/activity in the doc

I'm not sure I believe YT but I am not buying this bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

What about Opop?

meh

it isnt going to happen today, he is at -6 and 6 hours until deadline. this game isnt active enough

• Locked thread