Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
IIRC, it's the number of hits that count for NP/Star gen. That's what makes Gil good.

Edit: beaten

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Bloody hell, just ran Appia Road around 10 times for zerker statues and none have dropped :(

I forgot how lovely rates were.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Gologle posted:

So I've been trying to get optimal results from Command Card combos in battle. I've read somewhere (probably here) that for optimal NP gauge gain, it's Arts-Buster-Quick, because of how the order and each card works. Arts being the first card grants a bonus to every card after it for NP generation, and the last card gets the biggest boost, but because Buster barely gives any NP gauge it's better to stick it second, and Quick third to get optimal NP gains.

For maximum damage I guess it would be something like Buster-Arts-Quick, and for optimal star generation it would be Quick-Arts-Buster. Am I correct in these assumptions?

If so, does that apply only to a single Servant, or to all of them? Like, if I get a hand that has all cards for only 1 Servant, the above information is accurate for getting the most out of the Servant, whether it be NP gain, crit star gain, or sheer damage, but is it also true if the hand is full of cards from all three Servants?

These combos are specific to having a single unit doing all the attacks with all 3 card types available. They're for maximizing the output depending on what you are trying to get from having 3 attacks of 3 different cards on a single Servant. Also, I believe max damage is Buster-Quick-Arts, not Buster-Arts-Quick.

There is also a hidden mechanic that the game never tells you about where your Extra Attack deals more damage if you attack with all 3 card types.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Does BAQE do more damage or BQBE?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gologle posted:

If so, does that apply only to a single Servant, or to all of them? Like, if I get a hand that has all cards for only 1 Servant, the above information is accurate for getting the most out of the Servant, whether it be NP gain, crit star gain, or sheer damage, but is it also true if the hand is full of cards from all three Servants?

if you had four buster/quick cards from two servants, and one arts from the third servant, who you wanted NP gain for, you'd put arts at the back end

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Oh my god I rolled a Gil and am now a fanboy. Bless you, you smug, self-absorbed basterd. :allears:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

..The problem is that's per hit, not per card...

Huh, is that why Carmilla seems to gain NP off quick cards really well?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

OddObserver posted:

Huh, is that why Carmilla seems to gain NP off quick cards really well?

Pretty much. Per hit Arts cards are three times as good as Quick cards for building NP, but her Quick cards hit twice and her Arts cards only hit once so it's actually only a 2-to-3 ratio between them. If you have a Quick card performance CE on her it'll be even closer.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What should I be trying to equip my Heracles with?
Right now, he has Verdant Sound of Destruction, since I assumed maximizing his Buster was the best idea and that's the best Buster buff I have.

I don't have Kaleidoscope, but I do have The Imaginary Element and Seal Designation Enforcer if either of those are a better choice.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

the_steve posted:

What should I be trying to equip my Heracles with?
Right now, he has Verdant Sound of Destruction, since I assumed maximizing his Buster was the best idea and that's the best Buster buff I have.

I don't have Kaleidoscope, but I do have The Imaginary Element and Seal Designation Enforcer if either of those are a better choice.

Limited/Zero Over, usually. At least until you unlock his Bond CE and then you staple it to his rear end permanently.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I've had a lot of luck with Buster Card improvements with Herc, so as to maximize his damage output. The easiest 40AP dailies are always the ones where I have two Hercs in the party who are granted 3 Buster cards in the shuffle and both have Buster-improving CEs.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
You're fine with leaving buster boosters on Herc. Aside from that and his survivability later, he's really straight forward.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I just saw Emiya's animations, did the whole budget go on him or something ?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Ledgy posted:

I just saw Emiya's animations, did the whole budget go on him or something ?

He had upgraded animations. Most of the launch Servants all draw from a very basic and limited set of animations, and DW have gone back to work on some of them slowly. We ended up with all the improvements up to the conclusion of Act 1 of the JPN version.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Budget isn't an issue to DW now.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah like half the servants in the NA release have already gotten animation upgrades. Even Gil, when he was first released, was super samey IIRC. They spiced him up quite a bit.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Herc with new animations looks so brutal. Hope the bring it to NA soon.

The last hit of his NP looks so devestating.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I think all the classic FSN servants got upgraded animations by now.

..except for both assassins

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nate RFB posted:

This story is as old as time for FGO vets I'm certain, but this Gil experience has been real disheartening. 4 rolls, two 5* CEs (one of which was a Kaleidoscope so...yay), no 4* servants, and a shitload of Jing Kes and Lu Bus. Also I haven't seen a 3* Servant in the FP gacha in a week. Like I don't even feel that gambling addict itch to try again because thus far it's been all risk and no reward.
I definitely wish there was a "if I get this servant/ce/xp/fou card, burn it immediately" to save me the time.

The gacha giveth, the gacha taketh :itwaspoo:

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Man idk what free 4* to pick. I got herc and emiya already, and while I prefer husbands I am willing to accept some women for the sake of completing content. I have Koji and Hassan for assassins so stheno and Carmilla don't really excite. I'm pretty weak on sabers(just Lily and Gilles)/riders (already have Marie and goerge) /casters (though I have Hans just haven't used him) so I think it's probably between Deon and Martha, but I used a friend Martha for a type advantage and she seemed pretty underwhelming. Any recs?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Np2 Herc.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Quetzadilla posted:

Man idk what free 4* to pick. I got herc and emiya already, and while I prefer husbands I am willing to accept some women for the sake of completing content. I have Koji and Hassan for assassins so stheno and Carmilla don't really excite. I'm pretty weak on sabers(just Lily and Gilles)/riders (already have Marie and goerge) /casters (though I have Hans just haven't used him) so I think it's probably between Deon and Martha, but I used a friend Martha for a type advantage and she seemed pretty underwhelming. Any recs?

None of them are going to be particularly helpful given your loadout except for stheno or carmilla marginally. Either collect em' all, pick whatever shiny thing you like most, or NP2 Herc.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Get Liz. She's the only 4-star lancer that's going to be available for a long, long time. We don't get another until London. We won't even get a 5-star Lancer for a while.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Quetzadilla posted:

Samba De Amigo posted:

None of them are going to be particularly helpful given your loadout except for stheno or carmilla marginally. Either collect em' all, pick whatever shiny thing you like most, or NP2 Herc.

Actually, I'm not seeing a Lancer in that listing, so Elisabeth would probably be the best choice honestly. Unless you do have a decent Lancer and just forgot to list them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Bholder posted:

I think all the classic FSN servants got upgraded animations by now.

..except for both assassins

The game clearly needs to save it's budget for the animations a proper update for REGEND requires.

Plus I bet you Cursed Arm Hassan will get an update when there is the inevitable event tyinginto the Heaven's Feel movie.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I wish the loving statue events would come back around so I can up my Jeanne..

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Been using Lancelot alongside Hercules, and he actually outdamages him pretty often. If he had better NP gain, I'd love to throw my Heaven's Feel on him to test if it buffs the self buff too.

Speaking of HF, it seems like a really niche CE, with Kaleidoscope or Prisma Cosmos being better almost always. Should I keep the four copies the gacha flooded me with or limit break it?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I really despise the dailies for ascension mats now, I've gotten more reverse scales/gold skill up gems than I have the lovely common drops I want to ascend a bunch of my cards.

Is Intermediate better for the common drops? Or just suck it up and grind?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
The answer is grinding dailies is going to be poor until the better ones, and they'll still be aggravating and not good if you need like more than 5 of a thing.

Events are where you get your mats.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

SaffronKit posted:

I really despise the dailies for ascension mats now, I've gotten more reverse scales/gold skill up gems than I have the lovely common drops I want to ascend a bunch of my cards.

Is Intermediate better for the common drops? Or just suck it up and grind?

It's easier to get common drops from lower AP missions, yeah.
And the current dailies are lame too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I don't know all the terminology yet - I'm getting the gemstone things for Skills from these events rather than the little statues that I need for Ascension. Do they just not drop today or am I getting unlucky?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I don't know all the terminology yet - I'm getting the gemstone things for Skills from these events rather than the little statues that I need for Ascension. Do they just not drop today or am I getting unlucky?

The statues are "pieces" and "monuments"; they drop from the daily quests with "Duel" in their names, which are only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

so basically :shepicide:, got it

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

SaffronKit posted:

so basically :shepicide:, got it

Just went through about 35 runs of the 40 (20) ap one without a single zerker monument dropping.

I need 5 more to ascend Vlad to level 70 :smith:

Edit: someone just told me that I was looking at a wrong guide because apparently the monuments for zerks drop wednesdays and not Fridays... the game doesn't fully hate me :unsmith:

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 7, 2017

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I had to look up this Gilles guy during the Orleans levels and... wow.. what a guy. :gonk: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_de_Rais

quote:

Shortly after, Gilles moved to Machecoul where, as the record of his confession states, he killed, or ordered to be killed, a great but uncertain number of children after he sodomized them. Forty naked bodies of children were discovered in Machecoul in 1437.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He's worse in the anime, if you believe it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tae posted:

He's worse in the anime, if you believe it.

Yikes.. I've only seen Fate Stay/Night, only finished it earlier this week. Is it worth going back to watch the one that came before it? I think its on NetFlix too.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The supply frustrations will clear up eventually. Down the road you'll have more statues than you'll ever need.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Didn't pull a gil on my last free 30 but did grab two Jeannes and kaidoscope.

I guess thats ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

New Leaf posted:

Yikes.. I've only seen Fate Stay/Night, only finished it earlier this week. Is it worth going back to watch the one that came before it? I think its on NetFlix too.

Fate/Zero makes Stay/Night really idealistic and kiddy-pool. Zero and the new anime goes into what actually happens when adults are very willing to kill each other.