Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sabreseven posted:

:lol: fucksake CIG, have some dignity and at least try and hide the desperation from us :D

Dignity and CIG are incongruous statements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ayyy politics the star citizen thread, cool and good

seriously, gently caress off.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

E: Okay I skimmed the 30 minute vid by skipping every part where a strung out looking dude was talking glumly. Planet stuff looks more or less in the exact same state as last year? I mean here are all the good bits from literally 10 months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEa33W1_Va8

That looks like they're basically just rolling out the same thing again for another round of hype videos. Not even the same thing- last year, they had ice and trees!

Yes, pretty much. And they did the same thing again in this recent AtV.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/883398136504369155

This AtV makes so much sense now. It's their classic deflection tactic. While Spergs are wanking over bullshots, the devastating schedule shows up next day, and gets drowned out by the AtV lights. It's brilliant, if you ask me.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

big nipples big life posted:

ayyy politics the star citizen thread, cool and good

seriously, gently caress off.

Maybe they were talking about Star Citizen?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Everyone on reddit is hailing this last AtV as "jaw-dropping" and/or the last line in CR owning Derek, but looking through it all I see is some glamour shots of a spaceship and some empty planetside level things. Is there something I'm missing or are they really that loving dumb?

What does your heart tell you?

:allears:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

oops, my bad

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
when a big publisher shows you a video, its lies, but when crobbero the great does it, its all real! this time it is, anyway! I BELIEVE IN THE GREAT CROBBERO

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

What gameplay opportunities will the thousands of miles of empty moon land offer me that this 2 year old landing zone demo couldn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2YMlnn4Ngk

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

D_Smart posted:

This AtV makes so much sense now. It's their classic deflection tactic. While Spergs are wanking over bullshots, the devastating schedule shows up next day, and gets drowned out by the AtV lights. It's brilliant, if you ask me.

After last week's newsletter disappointment, I'm expecting great things from this week's schedule now, Derek. :colbert:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

These are the same ignorant wankers still throwing money into an open fire pit. It's beggars belief.

I like how everything about Star Citizen, is somehow about me now :allears:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Remember, Roberts is creating content on a $640 million budget based on a 4:1 ratio of removing the publisher. $640 million should be enough for everyone.

Only Rockstar can compete at this point.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Best part of those posts are the punchline.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

"'I told you so,' should be part of the sales pitch."

Oh it is.

Stop giving us money and Derek Smart will be able to say "I told you so."
But if you give us enough money then YOU will be able to say "I told you so."

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

doingitwrong posted:

"'I told you so,' should be part of the sales pitch."

Oh it is.

Stop giving us money and Derek Smart will be able to say "I told you so."
But if you give us enough money then YOU will be able to say "I told you so."

Ooooh! I totally see what you did there, mate. :grin:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
I can taste the ensuing memes from down here in FL

ps: It's the same smug look he sports at every show where he's pushing bullshit.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

These people have not only been sold a pack of magic beans by a dodgy salesman, they bought the very same pack of magic beans again one year later. :doh:

Ladies, gentlegoons, I believe we are witnessing peak stupid.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
A few more months and it will all be over.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sabreseven posted:

These people have not only been sold a pack of magic beans by a dodgy salesman, they bought the very same pack of magic beans again one year later. :doh:

It's desperation. Completely.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Whoah, thread finally delivers

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Thoatse posted:

Seriously lol if this isn't ironic... in which case you're in no position to make fun of people you think are delusional retards and should probably just buy a Completionist

Wise, yes, wise

*flips table*

Wise, yes indeed buy the Completionist, desecrate the temple

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

D_Smart posted:

It's desperation. Completely.

You should twitter that you put your pants on one leg at a time and see what happens.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Star Citizen vs Elite Dangerous, zoom to space

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=QPC3ybZoWyQ&start1=55&video2=0jE7UhIyRnA&start2=0

LOL!!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

spacetoaster posted:

Soooo... Communism?

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

ZenMaster posted:

It literally is:

It's hilarious. Someone posted this to :reddit: and the shitizens are falling over themselves to justify it as just old footage being used to compare to the new stuff CIG has done. Of course, there is no footage of the new stuff. drat those guys are so far gone at this point.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wheres the delay report crobberts!?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we are nowhere near done, derek is only at his second form. We've got like 400 episodes before Chris Roberts hits him with a spirit bomb

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

D_Smart posted:

I can taste the ensuing memes from down here in FL

ps: It's the same smug look he sports at every show where he's pushing bullshit.

this is the face of a man who just took a fat poo poo and then sees his buddy get up to go to the bathroom right after

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

this is the face of a man who just took a fat poo poo and then sees his buddy get up to go to the bathroom right after
He took a big ole stinky Lesnick

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

ZenMaster posted:

It literally is:

But this time it's not pre rendered.

?

Maybe?

Does it even matter anymore? I guess the only real question to determine if it's real or not:

1: Will real people be playing this in whatever their evocotti poo poo is for the 3.0 build?

If yes: it's real.

If no: you're getting lied to again by people who have made literal millions of dollars from lying.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sabreseven posted:

No this is a whole new species, Homo Citizen. After swimming in Kool-Aid for years they developed gills and can no longer live on land.

Ooooh I get to catte!

Catte:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/883452349313953792

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/883452914915840000

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Space Crabs posted:

we are nowhere near done, derek is only at his second form. We've got like 400 episodes before Chris Roberts hits him with a spirit bomb

Instead of taking spirit from everyone, croberts' spirit bomb draws out a few hundred bucks.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
They say aim for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll end up among the stars

...drifting helplessly, beyond all hope of rescue, watching your funding life support slowly dwindle

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LMAO!!!

-19 points. That guy is never seeing his dick again, let alone his karma

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6lsf9q/the_best_i_told_you_guys_its_going_to_be_awesome/djwiyw9/

quote:

I think he can celebrate once his game is finished, and not celebrate just another content creep patch that is yet to be released for his alpha.
Just saying.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Soooo... Communism?

Do you really have to ask?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them