Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

chumbler posted:

Is it happening? Is she finally learning what she needs to do?!?

If it was Tomo-Chan is a Girl! I'd say no, definitely not. However, this is much, much better so... maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
If she figures it out that's kinda the end of the series, unless she flips and goes power mad and has to be reigned in. It is their last year though and thats when these types of stories usually end anyway.

This kinda reminds me of Yamada-kun and the seven witches where the girls get powers that address their desires, but Nakano is like this because of her power. Also yamada-kun got weird and bad when it should have just ended.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I dunno if Nakano realizing she likes Toda is necessarily the end of the series. Her telepathy is the main driving force of the series, not the "will they hook up" bit.

I mean, imagine if they started dating and then Toda finds out she's been reading his filthy little mind for years.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I was more thinking about "having a spine" but actually her realizing she likes toda and that aren't mutually exclusive.

This bit of direct negativity might shake toda's unwavering attraction though which would also be interesting

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Has Toda ever done anything with her that merits affection? Or done anything besides have erotic fantasies about her? It seems like they've barely even talked to each other besides doing class-related stuff, so his crush on her seems unfounded by anything other than lust, and that one time at the entrance exam.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

DrSunshine posted:

Has Toda ever done anything with her that merits affection? Or done anything besides have erotic fantasies about her? It seems like they've barely even talked to each other besides doing class-related stuff, so his crush on her seems unfounded by anything other than lust, and that one time at the entrance exam.

He's a teenage boy and she fits his ideal of attractiveness. Then she was nice to him once. Seems like a good enough reason for a teenager.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

she is eager to keep other people happy, and he interprets that as kindness.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bybus Slago posted:

He's a teenage boy and she fits his ideal of attractiveness. Then she was nice to him once. Seems like a good enough reason for a teenager.

Yeah, sure, but like as a character, we really have no reason to be sympathetic to him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Toda occasionally is pretty decent at discerning what Nakano is really thinking and tends to worry about her in a fairly sincere way which isn't just about his crush. Also he's a decent sempai to Shimizu.

He's real boring though and his main characteristics are lame

E: In other Mousou news Mana is going to kill these girls.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, sure, but like as a character, we really have no reason to be sympathetic to him.

I'm not sure we're supposed to feel totally sympathetic to him, but after the soccer arc they did try to give him some depth.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i suspect it's going to come around, but at this point i can only see mana as being spiteful. which seems strange since it's also established she's over toda, so she shouldn't feel that irritated. it just comes across like she's tired of listening to nakano complain, and so she's done a total about-face on one of her three real friends.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It looks to me like Mana was trying to force Nakano into communicating and expressing what she wants rather than relying on her mind reading to navigate social situations. She did this by ditching her to hang out with people she doesn't even seem to like because it would've been really easy for Nakano to just ask her to stay behind or tell her that she promised she'd help out. But Nakano is so concerned with other people over herself that she just let it happen and then basically does the same thing with Toda 2 chapters later, so now Mana is stuck at Karaoke with some girls who are just talking about how much of an rear end she used to be and badmouthing her best friend.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Mana is being a good friend by forcing Nakano into making a damned decision for once, but also is taking enjoyment in it because she's frustrated about her inaction in every aspect of human interaction.

Nakano is starting to like Toda because occasionally he's actually thoughtful or genuine, not to mention he's still the coolest kid in class if you can't read his mind and see that he's actually insecure and constantly fantasizing about the girl he likes.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Quick aside here, because drat, these look great in comparison.

https://twitter.com/Surwill/status/883331806019305472
https://twitter.com/Surwill/status/883355809781960705
https://twitter.com/Surwill/status/883369017406181380

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mana is a god damned hero

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Captain Invictus posted:

Mana is too good for this world.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh that reminded me, Flying Witch vol 2 came out and it's so much fun to reread the series :3:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait... wait are you kidding me here? Is Nakano about to get everything resolved for her with no effort or growth on her part?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's realized she did gently caress up though.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Wait... wait are you kidding me here? Is Nakano about to get everything resolved for her with no effort or growth on her part?

joke's on you fucker, it was tomo the whole time!!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I mean, Mana realized she was a complete rear end in a top hat to her best friend, even if she was trying to get Nakano to stand up for herself. I still think Nakano learned something from this, though we'll have to see.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Jesus, from these heavy chapters you guys keep posting it feels like the thing just bogged down into drama. I was thinking about picking it back up, but maybe not.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, kind of. It feels like things might be coming to a head, and that's going to cause some drama because Nakano isn't going to learn any other way.

Edit: Plus, Mana has only recently embraced her less-assholish side so there's some relapse there when she gets frustrated. It's not like there's never been any drama, it's just picked up recently.

Onean fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 9, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

nerdz posted:

Jesus, from these heavy chapters you guys keep posting it feels like the thing just bogged down into drama. I was thinking about picking it back up, but maybe not.

It's telling an actually pretty decent story considering the main character is a literal telepath who knows what everyone is thinking, which in a lesser story would diffuse most tension, but in this one has led to the character trying to keep the boat unrocked by doing things based on other people's thoughts, and it's caused her to be totally complacent in most things. It's a really neat take and a humor series doing a serious arc isn't a bad thing, you should read it.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
There are two new chapters of Chio-chan, in which she almost learns a valuable lesson and nearly goes on a date.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

nerdz posted:

This is the most exciting the comic has been! Jokes are cool and funny but character development is also pretty good.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

It's telling an actually pretty decent story considering the main character is a literal telepath who knows what everyone is thinking, which in a lesser story would diffuse most tension, but in this one has led to the character trying to keep the boat unrocked by doing things based on other people's thoughts, and it's caused her to be totally complacent in most things. It's a really neat take and a humor series doing a serious arc isn't a bad thing, you should read it.

It's way better and more compelling than "Toda thinks lewd :quagmire: thoughts -> Nakano reacts :gonk:-> Repeat" the way it was at the beginning.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

It hasn't been posted here in a while, but Mill, the manga about the ghost cat grandma finished just recently.

It ends with the guy marrying the cat

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Sleepy Princess

today we're going camping.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Huzzah! posted:

New Sleepy Princess

How is she even affording the noodles and stuff on the TV?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Artificer posted:

How is she even affording the noodles and stuff on the TV?

shes a princess. probably has a good line of credit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gloomy Rube posted:

lol what

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Gloomy Rube posted:

It hasn't been posted here in a while, but Mill, the manga about the ghost cat grandma finished just recently.

god damnit

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new kumika, yayyyyyy

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kumika-no-Mikaku/Vol-002-Ch-009--Whether-It%E2%80%99s-Spicy?id=373596

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

BOOF

EDIT: Also, lol at that kabedon scene

Kibibit fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 10, 2017

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

New Sleepy Princess

:kimchi:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Gloomy Rube posted:

the correct choice

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm just waiting for the chapter where the princess becomes best friends with an elder god over sleeping advice.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mousou Telepathy

Just gonna link it because :tviv: :f5:

SHE FINALLY SAID IT!!!! I mean. Toda still is kind of bullshit, but at least he's thinking of her normally and not like constantly creeping out on her. But at least she's finally got the guts to go out and admit it. Progress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it took her 376 pages to do what tomo did in one...gee this story isn't going anywhere