Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pato
Mar 15, 2006
Duck
Which mailbag episode was the one with Larry the Cable Guy visiting some kid's Florida high school? I can't for the life of me find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Listening to some of the past episodes because work is loving slow, and the Lars and The Real Girl rant during the Inspector Gadget episode is on loving point and i'm having to hide my laughter way too much.

gently caress Lars and The Real Girl.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So is The Last Knight going to be a separate On Screen at some point? I was surprised to see Encino Man in the feed this week.

Please note, I haven't listened to it yet, so if they explain in the episode...well that's what I get for jumping the gun.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Listening to the Wonder Woman episode because I finally got around to seeing the film, and they talk about a sex scene between her and Kirk? Did I completely miss that? When would they have even had time?

Also, from the Encino Man episode, on the subject of Doritos: "That's a dirty chip! That's a chip that leaves evidence!"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Listening to the Wonder Woman episode because I finally got around to seeing the film, and they talk about a sex scene between her and Kirk? Did I completely miss that? When would they have even had time?

After the No Man's Land scene, they're all hanging out and dancing. After that she goes up to her room with Steve walking her to her door. She gives him a look, and he stops before leaving, then as if to say, "Are you sure?", slowly steps into the room and closes the door behind him. No dialogue, and it's mainly implied. But it's there. I...think you may see them kiss as well, but I can't remember for sure.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
There's full-on penetration, how did you guys miss that?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Yea, they kiss and it transistions to next day. Its such a sharp contrast to Bay and other film makers shoving cameras up the rear end of a n actress its understandable if people missed it.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

thrawn527 posted:

After the No Man's Land scene, they're all hanging out and dancing. After that she goes up to her room with Steve walking her to her door. She gives him a look, and he stops before leaving, then as if to say, "Are you sure?", slowly steps into the room and closes the door behind him. No dialogue, and it's mainly implied. But it's there. I...think you may see them kiss as well, but I can't remember for sure.

I'm not letting MY world get saved by some god-danged harlot :argh:

You know what I'd love as a special Patreon bonus next year is them doing a whole episode in character as the Man Cave Podcast guys. "I'll be riding the jetski to the Chuckle Hut and walking home."

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

MariusLecter posted:

Yea, they kiss and it transistions to next day. Its such a sharp contrast to Bay and other film makers shoving cameras up the rear end of a n actress its understandable if people missed it.

It's also the way old movies showed sex. Or if you played older video games they'd also show a man and a woman in a room with a bed and then transition out. Which used to crack my brother and me up in games like the NES Golgo 13.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm fond of how Hitchcock did it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

thrawn527 posted:

So is The Last Knight going to be a separate On Screen at some point? I was surprised to see Encino Man in the feed this week.

Please note, I haven't listened to it yet, so if they explain in the episode...well that's what I get for jumping the gun.

It's next weeks

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

enigmahfc posted:

Listening to some of the past episodes because work is loving slow, and the Lars and The Real Girl rant during the Inspector Gadget episode is on loving point and i'm having to hide my laughter way too much.

gently caress Lars and The Real Girl.

I would watch Crystal and the Real Man

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
apparently the "nugs" in "nugs, chilling, and grindage" , doesn't mean weed. weird

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

apparently the "nugs" in "nugs, chilling, and grindage" , doesn't mean weed. weird

According to this video, "nugs" means "attractive women".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnoIKaPTSY

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
You can count me as someone else who thought for a long time Encino was a geological era.

Spider-Man 3 has got to be the week after Transformers 5, right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Jesus, Spider-Man 3 qualifies for the ten year rule now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Detective No. 27 posted:

Jesus, Spider-Man 3 qualifies for the ten year rule now.

I saw that in a Vancouver theater in the very front row (p much like that Seinfeld bit) right after enjoying my first (and 2nd....maybe 3rd) ever truly potent tall glasses of water.

It was amazing. Also, never ever do that. Strong recommend. gently caress that movie.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Most of Spider-man 3 being bad is due to studio meddling and Raimi basically saying sure I'll put those things in and just purposefully tanking it right? Or is that something that I made up in my head. Also say what you will about the rest of the movie, but Franco is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKWAc_wt60

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I was 11 when Spider-Man 3 came out, and I cried after the movie because my favorite movie franchise was over

well, that's my story

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I was 28 and I cried too. Mostly because that $5 matinee ticket deserved better.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I was 28 and I cried too. Mostly because that $5 matinee ticket deserved better.

I took a look into the Transformers thread in CD and wow, there are a lot of goons who legit love those movies...

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I was in my early twenties when Spider-Man 3 came out, and my roommate and I went to see it at a midnight showing. It was an odd experience; we were both film and comic book nerds, and had loved the first two entries in Raimi's trilogy. But as the third movie stretched on, it became more and more obvious that something was seriously off. Like, on a fundamental level. We got out around two-thirty in the morning, but it felt like we had been in that theater for loving days. And I'll tell you this; I went to a lot of midnight showings in my younger days, and that was by far one of the quietest crowds I've ever seen shamble back to their cars.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Andorra posted:

Spider-Man 3 has got to be the week after Transformers 5, right?
You were close! The Big Daddy Dispatch says Air Force One, then Spider-Man 3.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

You were close! The Big Daddy Dispatch says Air Force One, then Spider-Man 3.

Air Force One's right in the sweet spot for me, a beloved movie we all watched on cable a hundred times as kids without fully realizing that it's garbage.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
i went on a date with a guy that cried so hard at the end of Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Andrew Garfield) that he had to have someone else drive him the couple miles home and he was, at the time, like 25 or 26? thats my spidey story

I honestly can't remember if I saw the 3rd Tobey movie or not, probably?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Although I love Spider-man 1 + 2, never seen 3 nor those Amazing Spider-man films. Still haven't, still happy.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Two pages of Encino Man discussion and nobody posted the most important part of the movie...

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Guy Mann posted:

Two pages of Encino Man discussion and nobody posted the most important part of the movie...

Holy poo poo that's where that's from?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Guy Mann posted:

Also, two hours of Transformers Last Knight is now up.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I think this is the best Transformers episode they've done. I'm guessing it being in theaters meant they couldn't do as much DRUGS and had to pay attention to the movie more. :nono:

I also like Serious Szyszka more than Playing Dumb Szyszka. If he laid out an InfoWars.butt reptilian conspiracy as seriously as he laid out Transformers-as-Star-Wars, I'd be inclined to agree and think "this is getting good!"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I appreciate how chris cabin really liked shin godzilla but simultaneously couldn't remember the actual title.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/885260511314444289

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

This is why people don't like performance art.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Steve's comment about how every movie in this franchise is drat near a reboot made me realize something: each movie also adds in a handful of new Cybertonian artifacts or whatevers that everyone needs to fight over.

The thing that gets me the most about the movies (apart from how bad they are to the current comics, which are legit good) is how each one feels the need to have at least three plotlines not even running parallel. They seem to just drop in and out at random. Why make this poo poo so complicated?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

He's right, and the skew put on it by the right-wing tabloid TMZ is shameless.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm glad they mentioned Foamhenge, I came across the poo poo passing through Virginia on a road trip and it's always stuck with me. There's signs on the highway like "80 miles to Foamhenge" "20 miles to foamhenge" and you're hoping it's exactly what you expect it to be, and it doesn't disappoint. This was before smartphones so we couldn't just Google it.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He's right, and the skew put on it by the right-wing tabloid TMZ is shameless.

Can't watch with audio. Does Shia mean it in an ACAB way? Like the guy's a traitor?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Can't watch with audio. Does Shia mean it in an ACAB way? Like the guy's a traitor?

Pretty much. No cop is your friend.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Shias meltdowns are going to cost him his career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is Mark Wahlberg the most recurring actor in the show at this point?