Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

rio posted:

Right now my leveling items have gone to Lancelot and Tamocat. She is a great damage dealer at lvl 27 but Lancelot is pretty squishy and didn't do as much damage at 23 - is Herc still a better option than Emiya even though I have those two berserkers already?

Also, how the heck do you level in this game? I have been playing a bit every day and am in Rome now. At the beginning I had a or of levelling stuff and have been using what I get from the friend gatcha but I have slowed down incredibly with leveling and have no idea where I am supposed to be levelling up. I have friends with absurdly high leveled character and I'm not sure how they are doing it.

Go to the Terminal and go to Chaldea Gate. Tap the 30 or 40 AP (now 15 and 20) Gathering Embers quests (the red ones at the top of the list). Choose a high leveled Jeanne support. Get carried to maximum leveling valhalla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

rio posted:

Also, how the heck do you level in this game? I have been playing a bit every day and am in Rome now. At the beginning I had a or of levelling stuff and have been using what I get from the friend gatcha but I have slowed down incredibly with leveling and have no idea where I am supposed to be levelling up. I have friends with absurdly high leveled character and I'm not sure how they are doing it.

Daily Quests in the Chaldea Gate. The Ember Gathering ones give one exp card per enemy you kill (9 total) and the highest version gives mostly gold cards once you can do it consistently. It cycles through different class sets each day.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's really a shame they obviously forgot to actually put any Ghost Lanterns into the game. :shepicide:

drat shame

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

a kitten posted:

It's really a shame they obviously forgot to actually put any Ghost Lanterns into the game. :shepicide:

drat shame

I got a few of those. What do they do?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Is there any way to get Pheonix Feathers right now? I wouldn't mind ascending my Mata Hari.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
From the amazons on Thursday's 30 ap one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ashsaber posted:

Damnit game, I need Saber Pieces, not a million Archer pieces! I really don't want to see Gil in the last wave again any time soon.
And I need 2 gold Saber monuments, and the last like 5 Artoria's haven't dropped poo poo and it sucks!

E: Currently have 62 Void Dusts, 18 Saber Pieces, 13 Archer Pieces, and 27 Lancer pieces from this bullshit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

I got a few of those. What do they do?
they're ascension mats, mostly for japanese servants like kojiro and tamacat

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I have no sabers outside Caesar and Lily but I have a bunch of ascension mats for them. Is there one that is better than the other by far?

Edit: Should have looked at the OP...

Lily is apparently that far bad that Caesar is much better if an only Saber.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caesar is good and also a good boy

rio
Mar 20, 2008

drat you guys were right about Herecles, and the Xp tips were great - just a few runs and he is mid 30's and wrecking poo poo. Thanks for the suggestions.

Do any of you high level Jean havers have room in your friends list and if so, can I add you? I have a couple friends with 70 Jeans but could use more for this sp grind. My master level was fairly low so this is leveling me up quickly and I have a boat load of ap to spend.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I have no friend points now and honestly, starting to get a bit offended. Is my herc not good enough?!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

I have no friend points now and honestly, starting to get a bit offended. Is my herc not good enough?!

Sending you an invite I saw Cu Chu as your primary servant - that may be why. Not that cu chu is bad, it's that a lot of people with Herc as their main servant set him to default.

Might be a factor in your FP generation.

Edit: VVV For sure, the wikia is pretty good but CPedia has some features making it better in many respects.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 8, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cirnopedia has a button to only show servants that are in the us version now.. Cirnopedia is a great resource for event guides, servant stats, etc, and I highly recommend using it.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Keep in mind that Herc isn't actually that great at this progress point in the game due to having the worst stat curve possible with reverse S.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Psiwri posted:

Keep in mind that Herc isn't actually that great at this progress point in the game due to having the worst stat curve possible with reverse S.
people really overvalue stat curves, by level 50ish everyone is basically evened out. not to mention reverse s is what makes herc good, since he gains a lot of stats in his first 20ish levels.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Sending you an invite I saw Cu Chu as your primary servant - that may be why. Not that cu chu is bad, it's that a lot of people with Herc as their main servant set him to default.

Might be a factor in your FP generation.

Edit: VVV For sure, the wikia is pretty good but CPedia has some features making it better in many respects.

Oh, good tip. I'll change it and pray. I really want that Robin Hood or Caesar.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So today's daily is the best way to get void dust right?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESPZza5wuy4BY-SXIZJUQPIiVuAi4dcdOpvNgv3II2k/htmlview?sle=true

This has probably been posted here but it is extremely helpful for NA drop locations/rates (especially the second page) which a lot of people are farming/asking about atm with half AP costs

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

DrManiac posted:

So today's daily is the best way to get void dust right?

Seems like it. My Waver is all stocked up to go to 70 now (minus farming up 12 Caster pieces).

First to get a 2nd ascension for me will be either Jing Ke or Fat Caesar, who need only a red bone and one more saber piece, respectfully.

Tired Moritz posted:

A lot of people haven't figured out that they can cherry-pick their desired type of support unit by touching an icon, so that if you really want a Herc just touch Berzerker and he'll pop up most of the time. I'm keeping my Support lineup pretty well-rounded for people who get that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm still getting friend requests from people in the 40's-50's whose main support unit is an unlevelled Mash.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

By the way, what kind of name is Mash? Was something lost in translation? I just think of food and it isn't really a good name but maybe I am missing something.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is a biblical name from the Old Testament.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Even the low-level ascension mat dropchances are brutal, god drat.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hunt11 posted:

It is a biblical name from the Old Testament.

Some people's fantasies will be crushed when they see what it is inspired from. :D

Mash = "drawn out"
one of the sons of Aram; also 'Meshech'

Genesis 10:23
And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

cpaf posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESPZza5wuy4BY-SXIZJUQPIiVuAi4dcdOpvNgv3II2k/htmlview?sle=true

This has probably been posted here but it is extremely helpful for NA drop locations/rates (especially the second page) which a lot of people are farming/asking about atm with half AP costs

I hadn't seen it, so thanks.

Although i am somewhat disheartened to find that it is Mt. Etna after all since i was starting to almost hope that i had been farming the wrong place all dang afternoon.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Seriously though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEOCJeqoWVo

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Psiwri posted:

This is pretty laughable, Herc is unbelievably good and will steamroll all story content currently available and then some. Even before you ascend him and he gets his bullshit dodge skill.

The fact that they haven't made another Carnival Phantasm yet is some kind of war crime.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hercules is easily really good because his dodge skill is after his first ascension, which should more than be easily attainable right now. He does as much damage as almost all the 70's by level 40-50, and his NP basically one-shots or nearly one-shots most bosses.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vengarr posted:

This is pretty laughable, Herc is unbelievably good and will steamroll all story content currently available and then some. Even before you ascend him and he gets his bullshit dodge skill.

The fact that they haven't made another Carnival Phantasm yet is some kind of war crime.

Especially the way they teased at Rider shenanigans in the final scene.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I just spotted a male King Arthur on the wiki. Is he any good, or does he suffer from the same average rating as Artoria?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Is this the only time Gilgamesh is ever going to be available, or do these limited runs ever get reruns?

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Bad Seafood posted:

Is this the only time Gilgamesh is ever going to be available, or do these limited runs ever get reruns?

Gilgamesh shows up fairly often for a limited servant.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I've literally only ever seen Fate Zero. I really need to watch FSN and these spinoffs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Bad Seafood posted:

They get reruns and Gil is one of the most commonly rated-up limited Servants.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

I've literally only ever seen Fate Zero. I really need to watch FSN and these spinoffs.

I'd watch Fate Unlimited bladeworks over FSN, tbh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

I just spotted a male King Arthur on the wiki. Is he any good, or does he suffer from the same average rating as Artoria?

he's worse than artoria since his thing is boss killing but then they gave him a multitarget np like artoria has for some reason

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

the_steve posted:

FSN is alright. UBW is superior in every way. Carnival Phantasm is great. Prisma Illya is pretty solid for the first season, sketchy as hell for the second, and a bit rushed for the third.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

He's not great, but it's more than made up for by his cool NP activation and his pretty good voicing. He's very much waifu tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
THIS IS A BATTLE TO SAVE THE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD *blows up some skeletons*