Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Joe Mama posted:

If it's registered as an RV you don't need poo poo. Remember that the next time you see a gigantic diesel pusher RV driven by a senior citizen.

http://changingears.com/rv-sec-state-rv-license.shtml

Maybe, varies by state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

What's the worst that could happen :shrug:

Lol. My dad had three of those : one to drive, the other two to pull parts from

He finally sold them after my mom bashed up the running one with a machete and threatened divorce :stonk:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

The guy in that picture is re-using the ebay pictures, I found the listing on one of those re-re-re-relist sites and it used those pictures. Hate it when they do that.

Yeah I noticed the pics didn't look anything like Madeira Beach :v:

The question is why is that guy selling it after just winning the auction, and having it shipped all the way to a beach in Florida from loving Oregon?

My guess is something in the motor or trans is hosed and he's trying to pawn it off.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah I noticed the pics didn't look anything like Madeira Beach :v:

The question is why is that guy selling it after just winning the auction, and having it shipped all the way to a beach in Florida from loving Oregon?

My guess is something in the motor or trans is hosed and he's trying to pawn it off.

Or just discovered that rose-tinted nostalgia didn't make an '80s mini-SUV pleasant to drive or any more powerful

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It says there right in the ad he wants to get into some other investments :v:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

I really want to buy this and install some kind of cannons that can puncture tires. Pull up alongside a school bus, give 'em a full broadside and board in full costume. The kids would love it and the driver would be too dazed to call the police.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CornHolio posted:

I really want to buy this and install some kind of cannons that can puncture tires. Pull up alongside a school bus, give 'em a full broadside and board in full costume. The kids would love it and the driver would be too dazed to call the police.

I would put my kids on your bus to head off to Arrghemetary school.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

It says there right in the ad he wants to get into some other investments :v:

He wants to invest in non lovely cars now, good luck with the return on that "investment".

Seriously, other than looking cool that thing has nothing nothing else going for it whatsoever.

Darchangel posted:

Or just discovered that rose-tinted nostalgia didn't make an '80s mini-SUV pleasant to drive or any more powerful

Yep. And paid probably a grand or more to have it shipped to realize that. Not very smart "investing" if you ask me :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 7, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Elephanthead posted:

I would put my kids on your bus to head off to Arrghemetary school.

:golfclap:

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

buttcrackmenace posted:

He finally sold them after my mom bashed up the running one with a machete and threatened divorce :stonk:

I think we need to talk about this for a minute.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could jump on this but I already have too many :q:

If anyone is seriously interested I can check it out though. https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/6210385106.html

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jymmybob posted:

If anyone is seriously interested I can check it out though. https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/6210385106.html

For $6.5k I expect to not read things like "valve ticking" or "exhaust leak" or "oil leak"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PCOS Bill posted:

For $6.5k I expect to not read things like "valve ticking" or "exhaust leak" or "oil leak"

It's a Turbo 944, so I do. They considerably more expensive in good condition.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I kinda want to go buy this EP3, but the stickers on the car make me think the owner isn't someone I want to deal with :v:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6179972414.html

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Intake
Bushings
Clutch
Wheels
..."wired for amp and subs"

:stonk:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Shrug, it's the cleanest EP3 for sale around here now.

I want an 09+ Fit Sport or 01-05 Civic Si as a DD... for less than 4-5k.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 9, 2017

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

BlackMK4 posted:

I kinda want to go buy this EP3, but the stickers on the car make me think the owner isn't someone I want to deal with :v:
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6179972414.html

whoop whoop juggalo

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6189722042.html

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You could buy five of kastein's Datsun 620s for that price.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
WTF is up with those wheels?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jymmybob posted:

Dumb question since I'm not a Porschephile. How did the Turbo get away with those bumpers and the regular 944 didn't? (I'm going to guess...money/prestige factor.)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

VideoTapir posted:

WTF is up with those wheels?

Probably a factory spare wheel for some modern truck that uses the same bolt pattern.

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's a Turbo 944, so I do. They considerably more expensive in good condition.

Seriously. Really really nice ones are like $25-30k now. It's crazy.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Actual gold? https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6209273985.html

blk fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 10, 2017

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Safety Dance posted:

You could buy five of kastein's Datsun 620s for that price.

This one looks to have more of the original body than 5 of kastein's put together, though.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING

You should probably ask the SAAB people in the SAAB thread. That car might be old enough to have an oil sludge prone engine, possibly has the faulty crank case ventilation, which are things to be wary of. It's also a lot of money for an old 9-5 at least where I live :sweden: but things are different stateside I suppose. Check for cosmetic rust down low in front of the rear wheels. They are nice cars to drive though with excellent cockpit ergonomics IMO.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

this reminded me to bring up this gem of an engine in that era saabs (which is not what's in that car and only semi-related): (wikipedia)

B308
For 1997, Saab introduced a turbocharged version called the B308 for their 9-5 model. The engine produced 200 hp (149 kW) at 5000 rpm and 229 lb·ft (310 N·m) of torque at 2500-4000 rpm. The engine was unique in that it used asymmetrical turbocharging; with the turbocharger driven by the exhaust gases from only one bank of cylinders. A charge pressure of 3.6 PSI (0.25 bar) was produced using a Garrett GT15 turbo. The engine was equipped with a special version of Saab Direct Ignition and utilized the Trionic T7 engine management system.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Larrymer posted:

this reminded me to bring up this gem of an engine in that era saabs (which is not what's in that car and only semi-related): (wikipedia)

B308
For 1997, Saab introduced a turbocharged version called the B308 for their 9-5 model. The engine produced 200 hp (149 kW) at 5000 rpm and 229 lb·ft (310 N·m) of torque at 2500-4000 rpm. The engine was unique in that it used asymmetrical turbocharging; with the turbocharger driven by the exhaust gases from only one bank of cylinders. A charge pressure of 3.6 PSI (0.25 bar) was produced using a Garrett GT15 turbo. The engine was equipped with a special version of Saab Direct Ignition and utilized the Trionic T7 engine management system.

.... :psypop: like, what's the point of the turbo, then? Daffy Swedes, man.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

For when you only want a bit more power.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Probably a factory spare wheel for some modern truck that uses the same bolt pattern.

Factory steelies from something like a Charger or 300. Amazingly, some cars still come with steel wheels and wheel covers, while still sporting 17" and 18" tires.

As such:
https://www.carid.com/replace/18-replica-16-round-holes-black-factory-steel-wheel-mpn-stl99050u45n.html?singleid=308489184&url=722982
18x7, 5x4.5 BC, which I think should be Toyota BC.

edit: derp, those are 6-bolt.

Looks like Nissan Titan steelies:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/1872151-post1.html

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 10, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

scuz posted:

Toyota used this on one of their CART/Indycsr engines and it made huge power. Laggy as hell though so it was only used on ovals.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hmmm I can't tell, this a good price? The inside and outside don't look nearly as good as the mileage suggests but a 52k mileage OG MR2. A little dirty too.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That redline....

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

julian assflange posted:

That redline....

It is good but not

K20 good

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Meh. That's no AP1.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
That MR2 is way too rough cosmetically. It's all original to a fault, including broken trim pieces. It's a 3k car at most and the woman selling it thinks she's already underselling it.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

KakerMix posted:

That MR2 is way too rough cosmetically.

Can you post the link if it's still active, I just want to see the pics in full size. Curious what people are valuing AW11's at now.

Edit: nvm https://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/6211399157.html

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

KakerMix posted:

That MR2 is way too rough cosmetically. It's all original to a fault, including broken trim pieces. It's a 3k car at most and the woman selling it thinks she's already underselling it.

I think you're right on the money at ~$3k (Probably closer to $2500). Looks like it needs a respray to correct all the paint issues, but the body is nice from what the pictures show. Tint sucks, wheels aren't tremendously desirable. Has the oem hvac/radio which is cool.

I paid $1995 for mine, and it's in a lot better shape cosmetically, but the PO was kind of aloof and farmed all maintenance out to shade-tree garages that 'fixed' a lot of things that needed to be reconditioned mechanically when I got it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

I think you're right on the money at ~$3k (Probably closer to $2500). Looks like it needs a respray to correct all the paint issues, but the body is nice from what the pictures show. Tint sucks, wheels aren't tremendously desirable. Has the oem hvac/radio which is cool.

I paid $1995 for mine, and it's in a lot better shape cosmetically, but the PO was kind of aloof and farmed all maintenance out to shade-tree garages that 'fixed' a lot of things that needed to be reconditioned mechanically when I got it.

Yeah I'm guessing she saw the prices they were fetching on Bring A Trailer for ones with similar mileage but those ones were extremely nice cosmetically. Hers was not.

Anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

scuz posted:

As I recall it couldn't take any more boost without pissing oil out of every seam...