Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

afeelgoodpoop posted:

even this one?

Booyah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

giffan
Jul 10, 2012

afeelgoodpoop posted:

even this one?

shame it's not in the art book

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna play this

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

eonwe posted:

im gonna play this

There's a demo in the eshop right now, you won't be able to do any matches online until the splatfest on the 15th though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there an ink brush you'll be able to use in the splatfest?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there an ink brush you'll be able to use in the splatfest?

Probably just the four weapons listed.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

FAT BATMAN posted:

I'm very excited to see what they do with the single player music. The single player soundtrack was so eclectic and fun, and had a distinctly different vibe from the multilayer match music.

I actually just recently relistened to the final boss theme and was thinking about this myself. I'm looking forward to it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

There's a demo in the eshop right now, you won't be able to do any matches online until the splatfest on the 15th though.

Yeah until the 15th there's no real content unless you really want to walk around the hub or see a conversation between the 2 new characters.

Pearl seems like less of a jerk than I thought she was going to be. :(

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Yeah, apparently the Japanese translation is full on implying that Pearl got Marina into the Idol scene - which, given the amounts of discrimination she would have had to endure...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

afeelgoodpoop posted:

even this one?

We can use that pic like the Rosetta Stone to translate the Inkling language, since we know that text translates to "American Apparel"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

Yeah, apparently the Japanese translation is full on implying that Pearl got Marina into the Idol scene - which, given the amounts of discrimination she would have had to endure...
:goonsay:

The fictional amounts of fictional discrimination of being a fictional character in a fictional setting?..

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Infinitum posted:

:goonsay:

The fictional amounts of fictional discrimination of being a fictional character in a fictional setting?..

In a fictional future ruined by fictional global warming caused by fictional humans. It's a good thing fiction never reflects reality.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
fe: Actually, I can't make it sound good. Never mind.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

#blacksquidlivesmatter

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So Duelies have the sideroll, Rollers have the vertical fling, and Chargers have the saved charge. Did shooters get anything? Sloshers? Splatlings?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

So Duelies have the sideroll, Rollers have the vertical fling, and Chargers have the saved charge. Did shooters get anything? Sloshers? Splatlings?

Not that I know of, but most if not all weapons got their subs and specials changed.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im excited af for the saved charge on the charger. Lot of opportunity for quickscoping

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

im excited af for the saved charge on the charger. Lot of opportunity for quickscoping

It's a shame scopes don't get it, but I guess it's fair.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/viibean/status/883555138585022464

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

gootuber looks kinda interesting. i used to use a splatterscope a lot but it got pretty tough when vsing a bad guy with a 3k with the same amount of skill cause theyd just zone you. its hard enough to close the distance without getting splatted but you had to hope the 3k either just used their charge or didnt see you when you finally popped out cause you yourself needed about a second and a half for a shot. the saved charge looks like itll shake things up for us aggressive snipers

im also liking the change to the stingray from the testfire, in a charger to charger duel the first squid to pop it would lose since the second would know where to fire straight off the bat, at least now with the wall hacks you know who to aim for first

on a splatfest note, one thing i missed a lot in tokyo were the little cake shops they had everywhere, we have a few in melbourne but ive never seen a place that sells montblancs :<<<

(bottom left, slurpssss)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Smiles posted:

gootuber looks kinda interesting. i used to use a splatterscope a lot but it got pretty tough when vsing a bad guy with a 3k with the same amount of skill cause theyd just zone you. its hard enough to close the distance without getting splatted but you had to hope the 3k either just used their charge or didnt see you when you finally popped out cause you yourself needed about a second and a half for a shot. the saved charge looks like itll shake things up for us aggressive snipers

im also liking the change to the stingray from the testfire, in a charger to charger duel the first squid to pop it would lose since the second would know where to fire straight off the bat, at least now with the wall hacks you know who to aim for first

on a splatfest note, one thing i missed a lot in tokyo were the little cake shops they had everywhere, we have a few in melbourne but ive never seen a place that sells montblancs :<<<

(bottom left, slurpssss)

Can't help with the Montblanc, but if you want some amaaazing cupcakes and general baked goods that prove Cake Supremacy, go check out a place in Ascot Vale called Mister Nice Guy's Bakeshop.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

There were a lot of really good and quick eLiters towards the end, but I found that they tended to be farsighted, and if you could get them inside your own range you could snap em off pretty easily.

Anyway, I'm excited with how much Splatoon 2 is experimenting with weapon types. Duelies are a neat. Shooters and Blasters are two actual separate weapon types now. Brellas are now an entire weapon type devoted to the Kraken's old niche of blockade busting. It's all so neat and interesting.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

yeah beside the gootuber the brella looks pretty neat too, cant wait

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can't help with the Montblanc, but if you want some amaaazing cupcakes and general baked goods that prove Cake Supremacy, go check out a place in Ascot Vale called Mister Nice Guy's Bakeshop.
hey that looks pretty good, maybe ill buy a few the day before so i can snarf them down during the splatfest and leave crumbs all over my pro controller

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Excited as hell for the Umbrella/shotgun with guard weapon

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
How are people still posting in the festival tag for Splatoon 1? I thought that was only for Splatfests...

I'm also very excited for the Umbrella.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jul 9, 2017

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Having never play Splatoon 1 and missing the global test fire i'm super excited to try out the splatfest, and yes, Team ice cream is the correct team to be on

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm so looking forward to this.
Blasters are for masters!

And the cake is a lie! Go team ice cream!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Team cake

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ho4pockle/status/883871764203175936

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Should have been solar flair from dbz

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Marina is just a ploy to distract us from the fact that Nintendo didn't name the game spla2n

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress it, I'm 100% on board with Team Rat-Child

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Want to see a Pearl X Notorious BIG mashup

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Blank Construct posted:

How are people still posting in the festival tag for Splatoon 1? I thought that was only for Splatfests...

I'm also very excited for the Umbrella.

I think the dodge roll with the dualies is a better defensive option than that thing, but we don't know how much it obscures your vision yet. I fiddled around with the basic tutorial but I couldn't find any alternate fire modes/defensive options with the basic gun.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Depending on how it works,might it be more useful for bullying snipers or other guns with low fire rates and high ink consumption?

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
In 1 I was a slosher main, with the occasional splatling. I just want to put out a lot of ink at once.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Smiles posted:

(bottom left, slurpssss)

any clown can make a fancy cake in tokyo. wheres the real art? the real ice cream art? #teamicecreamfovever <3 Marina

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The thing is, there's a big variety of cake quality. You can have lovely walmart cake, you can have some kinda crazy haute cuisine cake that's made out of air and spiderwebs. But it's all cake.

Ice cream has a hard ceiling, above a certain level of quality it's not ice cream anymore. It's gelato

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Marina is instantly likeable from her drawing but Pearl grows on you from her attitude and the fan art. I like both of them to greater levels than Callie and Marie because I find their personalities more interesting.

(Callie was the better sister.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kurtofan posted:

I feel bad for Pearl's hosed up teeth

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't think anyone has teeth in this game.