Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Ryuga Death posted:

Having to do 25 rifle grenade kills seems like a chore and I hate having to play medic with only a heal or revive gadget.

The real chore is 500 kills with the 1906.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Eh I think the starter weapons are pretty good for the most part, particularly the mp18 trench and the SMLE. I even liked the Lewis gun, though I was one of the few who did.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
If you're using the 1906 from far you're using it wrong, stop being a coward and jam your body into the frontline.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

So I've been out for a month, and just updated the game. I've loaded into the main menu, and now I can't click anything. I can use the keyboard to navigate the menu, but the mouse doesn't react to anything. What gives, and how do I fix it?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

SoftNum posted:

I'm playing through the trial now and boy am I bad. Are the starter weapons just poo poo? I seem to get a drop on people and they still kill be before I take them out....

They're usable, the problem is that the majority of players have migrated to high RoF/hipfire hoses; missing on the drop or not aiming for headshots tends to end predictably. The starting handgun is pretty good and the shovel melee weapon can two shot people (so soften up people with bullets or grenades first), try giving them a go if you're medic or support in close quarters. You can slide by hitting crouch while sprinting, it works very well around corners and doorways.

You can score a boat load of points by supporting your team and capturing flags. That'll let you level up and get war bonds to unlock better weapons. The Automatico for assault, Madsen for Support and 1907SL/Autoloading 8 .25 Extended for medic are solid choices. The scout already starts with the best general purpose sniper rifle, the SMLE.

Resupplying, healing, reviving and spotting for players in your squad will reward you with more points than anything else so try to find a squad that works together.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ofaloaf posted:

So I've been out for a month, and just updated the game. I've loaded into the main menu, and now I can't click anything. I can use the keyboard to navigate the menu, but the mouse doesn't react to anything. What gives, and how do I fix it?

Try unplugging your controller, or disabling your touchpad if you're on a laptop.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The rifle grenade kills component of the Order of Hippocrates was a pain in the rear end, also I'm finding it harder than I thought to get the "5 kills in one life" part simply because I suck and these stupid medals don't let you complete a criteria until you've done the previous ones. I'm constantly almost getting it and being one bullet too late. I think half of it is constantly falling into the trap of "trying too hard" when it counts.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 9, 2017

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I've got 7 service stars with the 1906 selb' i love my big goofy luger rifle

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hexenritter posted:

The rifle grenade kills component of the Order of Hippocrates was a pain in the rear end, also I'm finding it harder than I thought to get the "5 kills in one life" part simply because I suck and these stupid medals don't let you complete a criteria until you've done the previous ones. I'm constantly almost getting it and being one bullet too late. I think half of it is constantly falling into the trap of "trying too hard" when it counts.

The 5 kills in 1 life is way easier if you're playing in a competent squad with reliable medics. This goes for all the class's medals.

Turns out if you're rezzed, it still counts as being on the "same" life.

EDIT: That's how I got the medic medal, I lucked out with a really good pub squad that was working together like clockwork. Tis a rare thing, sadly. Usually I end up the medic that's trying to herd cats. :sigh:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
lol at self righteously reporting 'nazi' avatars to origin. If you'd lived in the 30s you'd have been the curtain twitching neighbours that report suspected jews to the gestapo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

buckets of buckets posted:

lol at self righteously reporting 'nazi' avatars to origin. If you'd lived in the 30s you'd have been the curtain twitching neighbours that report suspected jews to the gestapo

one of these things is not like the other

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Snuffman posted:

The 5 kills in 1 life is way easier if you're playing in a competent squad with reliable medics. This goes for all the class's medals.

Turns out if you're rezzed, it still counts as being on the "same" life.

EDIT: That's how I got the medic medal, I lucked out with a really good pub squad that was working together like clockwork. Tis a rare thing, sadly. Usually I end up the medic that's trying to herd cats. :sigh:

Yeah unfortunately despite the fact that all through trying to do this medal I've been maintaining the use of the syringe to revive teammates, as usual the ratio of pubbie medics who deign to do the same is infinitesimal. You know the story, one or more fellow medics within 17m for a good minute, with a >90% chance that they'll just wander off after a butterfly rather than res you.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

actually i think I'll keep trying to ban nazis

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I must be lucky, most pubbies I run into are pretty decent at keeping others supplied and healed, even if there's little to no actual team or squad synergy otherwise

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

What.

Found a guy with a Nazi av in game

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Haha source your quotes

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

love to make extremely normal posts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

what

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Report nazi scum every day.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the real nazis were the friends we made along the way

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I like to pretend that I'm a gunner in a T-34 and everytime I press the 'report emblem' button I'm putting a round into the Reichstag.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

back to /pol please

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If this was WW2 the nazi emblem would just be LARP'ing. :colbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just to reiterate, I can see from your rap sheet that you have a thing for Nazis. Please do not bring that sort of junk here. It is very much not appreciated.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I like to imagine that every player I've shanked with my bayonet was a nazi. Chances are, some of them were!

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah unfortunately despite the fact that all through trying to do this medal I've been maintaining the use of the syringe to revive teammates, as usual the ratio of pubbie medics who deign to do the same is infinitesimal. You know the story, one or more fellow medics within 17m for a good minute, with a >90% chance that they'll just wander off after a butterfly rather than res you.

I have found that asking people to revive me over local voip increases my chances of getting revived by about 400%. Has been useful when doing the in one life challenges.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So my girlfriend gifted me the France DLC and I guess she spent money on what amounts to a weapon pack where I have to grind for the weapons because nobody ever plays the maps?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

It's the thought that counts :v:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Christ, I can't believe they bungled such a promising game this hard. Sorry if I'm making GBS threads up the thread. But Jesus.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Plan Z posted:

Christ, I can't believe they bungled such a promising game this hard. Sorry if I'm making GBS threads up the thread. But Jesus.

its good actually

Vittek
Nov 8, 2006
I always find conquest maps in the DLC. It even changed recently so it's not only Nivelle!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

eonwe posted:

its good actually

The DLC system is garbo and the playerbase has melted like snow in the arizona sun but yes it was fun while it lasted.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hmm I see lots of full servers, and now its pretty easy to get in on DLC maps without owning them

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

evil_bunnY posted:

The DLC system is garbo and the playerbase has melted like snow in the arizona sun but yes it was fun while it lasted.
US still has a good playerbase, while other regions sadly do not.:(

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

James The 1st posted:

US still has a good playerbase, while other regions sadly do not.:(

America wins again.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

America wins again.

It's historically accurate for WW1

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Chronojam posted:

It's historically accurate for WW1

Hell yeah!

FrozenMeats
Apr 28, 2003

Preserved for the ages.
It's been said before in the thread, but the DLC maps should really be available to all while DLC weapons/skins are only available to those that purchased them. Keep the population healthy.

The overall population has declined by about 2/3 though, since release.

FrozenMeats fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 13, 2017

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
BF1 is coming to Origin Access imminently so should see an increase of players then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Plan Z posted:

There was a dev on reddit who said something along the lines it takes management years to adjust policy. When vehicle skins were added or some knobs on bolt action rifles were changed after gun nuts pointed it out, it was done in personal dev time. They can't alter russian maps in response to the community asking for less sniperfest maps (e.g half the vanilla maps, soissons, verdun and rupture) even after they pushed the dlc back to September.

When they said in an article "battlefield players are used to buying dlc (but Battlefront 2 will have free major dlc)", it probably never came to mind they could change their bf1 dlc policy and unfuck the playerbase outside of the US.