Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

Pulled up to the Costco. I don't like shopping here because the whole center is a mess but I had to make the trip.

Outdoor food court and today was over 100 degrees. Still a line out into the street though, something must be good here.

outdoor food court seems like a good idea, ours is inside right next to the checkout and exit so it gets bloated as gently caress with everyone mulling around with their carts and always like 30+ people in line and seating right up near the exit way too. it's a real lovely mess.

also i guess no surprise they replaced the brisket, prolly the easiest conversion. but drat, 1140 calories? even a double-double at in n out is <700

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

I want them to be 2/3rds the size.
bring a friend and share the bounty of the 'Stco.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

bring a friend and share the bounty of the 'Stco.

A half isn't enough. It's nice of you to think I have a friend.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

Darn.. this is a real conundrum. Share 1/3rd of it with the inevitable lonely asian senior citizen hanging around the food court with a shopping cart?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

About half the chicken bake is filled with air or bread on the ends so one 2/3 the size with the same filling would be praise worthy.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Two friends. Two bakes. Three acolytes of the 'stco. One "problem" solved.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

alternatively: split the bake into thirds. Eat one third now. Put the left third in your left pocket. Put the right third in your right pocket.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i could go for a set of three whole chickens right about now

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Duck and Cover posted:

You bring a lady friend and get a chicken bake + hot dog or + pizza, depending on appetite

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You bring a lady friend and get a chicken bake + hot dog or + pizza, depending on appetite

ya but my girlfriend is a vegetarian so this doesnt work except cheese pizza

:rip: me

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Xaris posted:

ya but my girlfriend is a vegetarian so this doesnt work except cheese pizza

:rip: me

Tell her to pick out the chicken and just eat the bread parts on the ends

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I went to costco and sat on one of these:

if I had a spare $400 I would have bought it. it was a good seat.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That Costco burg has only 200 less calories than that Hardees burger with two monster patties and bacon all over it. It has the same number of calories as a triple baconator.

Bet it's good though. PBUC

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

numberoneposter posted:

i could go for a set of three whole chickens right about now

I just noticed the neck rolls on my avatar.

Also that calorie count for that burg is just insane. I bet that thing is good.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

One time I bought some canned buffalo chicken from Costco and it tasted bad. When something is bad at Costco it stings twice as hard. I think there's a psychological term for that, you know like the Costco effect or something? I still think Costco is really good though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kiranamos posted:

One time I bought some canned buffalo chicken from Costco and it tasted bad. When something is bad at Costco it stings twice as hard. I think there's a psychological term for that, you know like the Costco effect or something? I still think Costco is really good though.

Take it back for a refund if it's bad

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kiranamos posted:

I know the one you're talking about. It was bad

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Today I bought a couch which I thought would fit in the car but absolutely didn't so a friend with a truck saved us. Its a sweet leather power recliner, last one they had boxed up.

On the way in had a dog and a slice of pizza, currently feeling like gastrointestinal Icarus.

Praise be unto Costco.

limpy wimpy
Jul 1, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

About half the chicken bake is filled with air or bread on the ends so one 2/3 the size with the same filling would be praise worthy.

Am I the only one that remembers the original chicken bake? It had bacon, green onions, and ranch inside and was stuffed loving full. This was about 12-13 years ago...

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Tato posted:

That Costco burg has only 200 less calories than that Hardees burger with two monster patties and bacon all over it. It has the same number of calories as a triple baconator.

Bet it's good though. PBUC

Half of it was probably the bun, it was very sweet

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FCKGW posted:

Half of it was probably the bun, it was very sweet

It's an open question what the best type of bun for a bigass burger is.

Personally, I'm against brioche buns. I know they are trendy but it's jsut too rich for an already fatty premium patty

The weirdest bun I've tried was this one place that used english muffins. Wasn't bad though

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sup costbros

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
All for just $1.99/lb. Incredible.

naem
May 29, 2011

that pig did not die in vain

you honor its sacrifice

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Personally, I'm against brioche buns. I know they are trendy but it's jsut too rich for an already fatty premium patty

same. ive tried brioche hot dog and hamburger buns for my own bbqs and they just do not work at all. really need something that isn't super fluffy and compresses in your hands yet still rich. its mostly a waste since you don't even really taste it anyways and the texture doesnt wor

naem
May 29, 2011

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

limpy wimpy posted:

Am I the only one that remembers the original chicken bake? It had bacon, green onions, and ranch inside and was stuffed loving full. This was about 12-13 years ago...
the ones at mine are still like that

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The weirdest bun I've tried was this one place that used english muffins. Wasn't bad though

tortilla made w/ glutineous rice flour

don't knock it till you've tried it. two parts water one part masa harina one part glutinous rice, pinch of salt, mix, knead, griddle, burg. i like them more the size and shape or arepas

arepa burger also good

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We did the math on the burger by looking up the buns, cheese and everything, since you can buy all the ingredients at Costco, as the total calorie count was actually like 720 calories. We were trying to figure out where the 400 missing calories came from and we assumed it was the cup of thousand island sauce you see behind the burger in the photo

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

That's Costco helping with people's diets.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

curufinor posted:

don't knock it till you've tried it. two parts water one part masa harina one part glutinous rice, pinch of salt, mix, knead, griddle, burg. i like them more the size and shape or arepas

arepa burger also good

:wtc:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

curufinor posted:

arepa burger also good

Is this actual foreign food or is this some horrible American frankenstein creation

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Is this actual foreign food or is this some horrible American frankenstein creation
I don't know but it reminded me, yesterday I convinced my grandpa that all the japanese fled to mexico after the japanese war of the 1940s and so now the japanese are all mexicans and speak spanish.

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 9, 2017

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

he was like "yeah!! we drove em out! we drove em out!"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Did you guys know that CNBC did a documentary on Costco?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUhTj1fD7nE

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Off topic. I love your av FCKGW. I know where that's from and I laugh every time I see "aaaaaaaaaa AAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

PBUC

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't know but it reminded me, yesterday I convinced my grandpa that all the japanese fled to mexico after the japanese war of the 1940s and so now the japanese are all mexicans and speak spanish.

Like this but this one tiny Brazilian place. And the guy's ancestors fled from some poo poo in the 1800s, judging by the family photos on the walls

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FCKGW posted:

Did you guys know that CNBC did a documentary on Costco?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUhTj1fD7nE

16:35 is the time stamp for all you dog thinkers out there

Oh baby

PBUC

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just made my weekly pilgrimage. 25% off diapers? :getin: They also removed the food coloring from the Otter Pops, we'll find out in a couple hours if my lizard brain approves of this change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Teikanmi posted:

16:35 is the time stamp for all you dog thinkers out there

Oh baby

PBUC

1 hundo milli sweet lil hotties a year? thats a PBUC! +refill