Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6p7jsb-vQg&t=57s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
dana white is care mad

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, if Johnson's going to keep ducking him, what would be the point?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I probably wouldn't cut weight for a division that doesnt exist either. Seems unhealthy and pointless.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Nunes' statement

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Well yeah a blood test and a checking dehydration levels wouldn't see that, maybe there would be slightly elevated white cell levels due to fighting the infection. But yeah, I would definitely want to fight anyone deep into a bout of sinusitis.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 9, 2017

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I have chronic sinusitus but decided not to tell the first doctor about it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I have chronic sinusitus but decided not to tell the first doctor about it.

i probably wouldnt either if i worked for an organisation that is allowed to fire me at any time for basically any reason they want

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
She looked fine on all the embeddeds. I wonder if she had a bad weight cut

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
she could have shown up to the fight, looked like poo poo and lost her belt, then have to spend the next 1-2 years of her career earning another shot and possibly never succeeding. personally i would just take the day off in her situation

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I bet the trolls who made fun of Cody Garbrandt's nose condom feel pretty stupid now

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
He only needed nose condoms for all the facial unloading that was going on

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
So basically a sinus infection? I would think the doctors would diagnose that pretty easily. But they do suck.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Getting a CT scan for a cold is funny to me

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I broke my nose. My nose is broken.

...uhhhh, sinal.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

gotta respect shogun he is still out there competing when most the dudes he came up with are long gone

i respect him he completely reinvented himself and became an elite fighter again after his legs didnt work no more

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

As someone with sinusitis you can get some pretty bad headaches and feel a whole lotta pressure in your ears and behind your eyes. To the point your inner ear and balance can be affected.

I cant see a reason she would bullshit and pull out. I dunno its one of those things where it doesnt sound bad but can stop you from being able to perform at a high level. Mma isnt exactly forgiving.

Its not like Nunes isnt tough as nails. Just sounds weird that with no history of pulling out of fights shed suddenly get cold feet and invent a medical condition to avoid fighting. Especially when she murdered her competition in her last two fights.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Im glad jt$ done did it

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

BlindSite posted:

As someone with sinusitis you can get some pretty bad headaches and feel a whole lotta pressure in your ears and behind your eyes. To the point your inner ear and balance can be affected.

I cant see a reason she would bullshit and pull out. I dunno its one of those things where it doesnt sound bad but can stop you from being able to perform at a high level. Mma isnt exactly forgiving.

Its not like Nunes isnt tough as nails. Just sounds weird that with no history of pulling out of fights shed suddenly get cold feet and invent a medical condition to avoid fighting. Especially when she murdered her competition in her last two fights.

i appreciate this first hand account of the effects of sinusitis but i still can't get past the name. it sounds like boneitis or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve160GWaleo

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i appreciate this first hand account of the effects of sinusitis but i still can't get past the name. it sounds like boneitis or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve160GWaleo

my brother has had two surgeries to fix his, both involved drills in the nose

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

Im glad jt$ done did it

you called it from the beginning if i remember correctly

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

SquirrelGrip posted:

my brother has had two surgeries to fix his, both involved drills in the nose

Hell thats nothing I was once affected by cavititis and they had to DRILL into my MOUTH

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

david carmichael posted:

Im glad jt$ done did it

yeah

I don't know that he has a super high ceiling in the UFC but I could definitely see him tossing around Tarec Saffedine or someone like that.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Memento posted:

yeah

I don't know that he has a super high ceiling in the UFC but I could definitely see him tossing around Tarec Saffedine or someone like that.

remember when Tarec Saffeidine beat Marquardt, who had just KO'd that really lovely wrestler who just stands around and does nothing in fights? I bet the sponge is going places in the UFC and who cares about that other guy

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I love how obsessed Nate is with McGregor. He just can't let go

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

He loving beat him twice and would be much much more interesting in a boxing match with Floyd than Conor

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

you called it from the beginning if i remember correctly

I dont know if i did, but it seems sorta obvious in retrospect

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

Think we need a thread for Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series as well, or could we use the Fightpass thread? It's not actually a UFC promotion, Dana got a separate promoter's license for it. Probably so he didn't have to pay insurance or something lol

Fightpass thread would make the most sense in my opinion.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Unfunny Poster posted:

Fightpass thread would make the most sense in my opinion.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Bizarre that he'd want to make millions of dollars again.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I am aware of that thread, doesn't change my opinion.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think its a shame that t-ferg Diaz never materialised.

If Nate won he would get a legit shot at Conor to unify the belts and everyone makes a million dollars.

T ferg could still fight the khabib for the number 1 contender spot of he loses and nate could just go back to waking, baking and talking poo poo from the sidelines.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Gay Horney posted:

He loving beat him twice and would be much much more interesting in a boxing match with Floyd than Conor

It's actually 1 - 1 op.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Khabib is 2+ years from contending for a belt after missing weight and the greater sin of being unentertaining vs the greatest ppv draw in combat sports

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Fucks sake https://twitter.com/SandhuMMA/status/884391737057320961

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

There is no way in hell Dana White wanted to let Mousasi go. If WME isn't going to spend the money to retain their best talent, then at some point Bellator will be a real competitor.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Gegard is essentially second in line for a title shot in a division where a world title is very winnable right now. If Bellator really managed to get him, that's kind of bewildering.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The only people who are actually in line for title shots are Conor McGregor and GSP.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

UFC letting Mousasi walk would be bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

guhh

• Locked thread