Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Night Blade posted:

Huh? Why is it the TE2+ garbage?

It has higher lag than other sticks iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

pupuru posted:

okay but what's the fgc equivalent of a sex kick

body splash

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

it's a sbk when you pause at the right frame smh

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pupuru posted:

okay but what's the fgc equivalent of a sex kick

Nova damage in MVC3

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Hi, I'm new to fighting games but I'm great at making bad decisions. Is the Hori Arcade Pro 4 linked in the OP still considered a decent all around choice? I want something for the ps4 / pc. I'll be playing Tekken 7 and maybe Injustice 2.

If you want to be up and or teach me some stuff in Tekken, add BigBoswell on psn

Edit: sorry if this seems redundant considering a similar question on the previous page.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 10, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its a good stick

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Reiley posted:

Half of these are real, see if you can spot which ones are which
https://twitter.com/pat7286/status/884163870146928642

lemme tell you something folks i can't count the number of times i've ended up with a messy guessie due to a layered mixup :rimshot:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Night Blade posted:

Huh? Why is it the TE2+ garbage?

the cord failure rate is very high. lots of players have their sticks stop working because the cord ceases to function

it has sanwa parts, but they are made specially for the TE2 and not actually at the arcade standard. special low quality parts by sanwa that are still branded sanwa

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well, there's a Local promotion in GAME where if you trade in two ps4 games (I'll trade Ghost Recon Wildlands and Bloodborne as I own it digital now) you can get the Nacon Revolution Pro for 20€.

So that's the thing right now, getting a Revolution or the Hori FC. Nacon has the xbone layout I like but if someone owns one and gives me an opinion would be nice.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
seems awkward to play fighters on an Xbox pad layout tbh

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Hace posted:

Shonen always ends badly tho

At least Shonen shows eventually end.

Unlike Batman/Superman etc which just go on forever.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
so the best argument is that eventually you dont have to watch it anymore

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MohShuvuu posted:

seems awkward to play fighters on an Xbox pad layout tbh

I've been using xbox controllers on pc since well, you could slap on on them and previously used ps2 ones with an adapter so outside the lovely dpad, I'm used to the layout. Just when I got my ps4 wich came with 2 DS4, I started using one on my pc.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

the cord failure rate is very high. lots of players have their sticks stop working because the cord ceases to function

it has sanwa parts, but they are made specially for the TE2 and not actually at the arcade standard. special low quality parts by sanwa that are still branded sanwa

I use a TE2+ and I've swapped almost everything out except the pcb which I might do this evo. I'm on my fourth replacement cable at this point lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does the older te2 have bad sanwa parts too or just the +?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was thinking of starting to get into replacing parts of my TES+, where do you guys usually buy stuff from? Is there some website/reddit somewhere full of people sperging out over their fight sticks that I can use as a guide? I think I want a bat switch and maybe some less mushy feeling buttons.

Also it looks like the images in the OP need rehosting if anyone cares.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Does the older te2 have bad sanwa parts too or just the +?

they have normal sanwa parts

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I was thinking of starting to get into replacing parts of my TES+, where do you guys usually buy stuff from? Is there some website/reddit somewhere full of people sperging out over their fight sticks that I can use as a guide? I think I want a bat switch and maybe some less mushy feeling buttons.

Also it looks like the images in the OP need rehosting if anyone cares.

paradise arcade shop and focusattack. focusattack i think is running site-wide 20% off right now, but i'd wait until evo to actually buy stuff since theres usually big sales

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hace posted:

Shonen always ends badly tho

Major ended well and so did Toradora

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Expand ur mind

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zand posted:

paradise arcade shop and focusattack. focusattack i think is running site-wide 20% off right now, but i'd wait until evo to actually buy stuff since theres usually big sales

Cool thanks.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Gu7IWS7PQ

still looks awful

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

the timeout box is really funny to me

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
their loss portraits look so disappointed, says the guy, not realizing that's just their default portrait art

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

their loss portraits look so disappointed, says the guy, not realizing that's just their default portrait art

lol reading this is what pushed me to watch more of the video

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
char switch mechanic and box gem are the only cool things in the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Box would be cooler in a way more broken game but it is funny just to look at

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
With any luck Arcana Heart will steal the box gem idea and all will be right in the world.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is arcana heart 3 cool

i grabbed a pack of taito type-x roms for my arcade cabinet and it's the first one on the list

also tgm3 which i need to get running stat

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is arcana heart 3 cool

i grabbed a pack of taito type-x roms for my arcade cabinet and it's the first one on the list

also tgm3 which i need to get running stat

what kind of cab did you get?

arcana is fun

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is arcana heart 3 cool

that depends.

do you like unique gameplay mechanics that cause a game to play both well and totally unlike any other fighting game ever in a really fluid and slick manner?

do you like little girls who are wearing barely nothing?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

NecroMonster posted:

do you like unique gameplay mechanics that cause a game to play both well and totally unlike any other fighting game ever in a really fluid and slick manner?

:yeah:

NecroMonster posted:

do you like little girls who are wearing barely nothing?

Uh...

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

yeah that's the main problem with arcana

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

game is simultaneously amazing and awful, it's the best and the worst

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the best part is how the devs have zero clue why that don't fly outside of Japan

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone is roasting Twitch for this tweet:

https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/884484338531913728

And yet...

https://twitter.com/GFAnBi/status/884513750518292481

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's charge partitioning, y'all got baited.

edit: oh dear, I found the person responsible for the twitch tweet and they're doubling down on their fuckup.

Dias fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 10, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

It's charge partitioning, y'all got baited.

edit: oh dear, I found the person responsible for the twitch tweet and they're doubling down on their fuckup.

link

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

edit: Oh, the shoryu motion

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

https://twitter.com/TheCreativeJenn/status/884487585564852224

Follow the threads. I was gonna let people do the legwork because eh, I don't like dogpiling, but I guess you guys are cool and we can just have a big laugh at the dummy here.