Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Some guy on my list has a lv80 Jeanne. Didn't know the parts even could drop in global?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MrLonghair posted:

Some guy on my list has a lv80 Jeanne. Didn't know the parts even could drop in global?
Jeanne is "easy" to level because she only needs pieces and monuments. I would've had her at 80 on Saturday if the RNG had given me two more Saber monuments. Heck I only need 1 Assassin and 1 Rider to do it again after that, though I doubt I have anywhere close to enough gold XP cards.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Nate RFB posted:

Jeanne is "easy" to level because she only needs pieces and monuments. I would've had her at 80 on Saturday if the RNG had given me two more Saber monuments. Heck I only need 1 Assassin and 1 Rider to do it again after that, though I doubt I have anywhere close to enough gold XP cards.

Oh, my RNG's always going to RNG :argh: got one of the gold pieces

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

I believe Jeanne, Altria and Gilgamesh are the only SSRs that can be max ascended in NA right now. And yes, Jeanne is vastly easier than the other two. Probably Altria a distant second? Phoenix Feathers are tough to get but I think the numbers required for Gil make him harder.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Where are Phoenix Feathers? Didn't see a location for them on the drop chart.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Where are Phoenix Feathers? Didn't see a location for them on the drop chart.

They drop from amazons on the knight class monster daily.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

MrLonghair posted:

I've got a 90 Jeanne on my Friends List now. Every battle is now trivial between her and my 60 Altera.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 10, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

RanKizama posted:

I've got a 90 Jeanne on my Friends List now. Every battle is now trivial between her and my 60 Altera.

:psyduck: screw prisms, gonna grind Carry Goddess

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

RanKizama posted:

The level 70 Saber Alter is way more impressive. Where the hell did they farm those chaos claws?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

UchihaHirou posted:

The level 70 Saber Alter is way more impressive. Where the hell did they farm those chaos claws?

It`s a 3.1% drop rate from Septem Germania and Chaldea Friday hunt.

That`s a lot of patience.

Edit: VVV Tuesday / Saturday Duels.. Silver monuments also drop from Paris in Orleans.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESPZza5wuy4BY-SXIZJUQPIiVuAi4dcdOpvNgv3II2k/htmlview

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 10, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any good places to get archer pieces besides waiting for events?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Anyone interested in a 2 week old account? Don't want it go to waste. Has Jeanne, Blue Saber, Hercules, and Emiya.

Other notable 4's include Carmilla, Alter Saber, Lancelot with Kadelescope.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

Anyone interested in a 2 week old account? Don't want it go to waste. Has Jeanne, Blue Saber, Hercules, and Emiya.

Other notable 4's include Carmilla, Alter Saber, Lancelot with Kadelescope.

Wouldn't mind it to give my wife a head start.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

So any good places to get archer pieces besides waiting for events?

20AP or 30AP Duels on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It seems like on average they should drop roughly one run in three on the 20AP version, slightly higher on the 30AP version.

Technically also Paris, but its drop rate is more like one run in thirty.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

I dunno I haven't found Jeanne's to be good for carrying. They hit like a wet noodle

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Jeanne's strength is her ability to tank.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

How do Assassin Shiki and Saber Shiki compare? Is one of them clearly better than the other, or is it more of a different roles deal?
They're both arts-based and share a couple of skills and an Arts NP, but Ryougi's is single target and Void's is multi-target. Ryougi's pretty much a standard assassin who trades some stargen for NP gain, while Void's gimmick is using her insane NP gain to spam her NP. So, yeah, different roles.

That said, Ryougi is in the running for best 4* assassin in the game (along with Kiritsugu and Carmilla) while Void is just an average 5* saber.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jeanne is basically a solid rock that never dies due to being a Ruler, and negates NP.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Virtue posted:

I dunno I haven't found Jeanne's to be good for carrying. They hit like a wet noodle

Being at least 30 levels higher goes a way to making up for that. She's not usually my favourite friend pick but her damage is still reasonable and I don't think I've ever seen her die.

edit:

Endorph posted:

That said, Ryougi is in the running for best 4* assassin in the game (along with Kiritsugu and Carmilla) while Void is just an average 5* saber.

Thanks! Sounds like I'll be happy with Assassin Shiki then.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I like Illya for boss or mid boss Assassins.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
My godly reroll that pulled an Altria, Vlad and Waver, alongside two Kaleidos and a Formalcraft in the free 10-pull has gotten the absolute worst luck in the following two 10-pulls I did. Not a single 4* servant or 5* CE.

The dream of getting even more disgustingly lucky and pulling a Gilgamesh to top it all off is fading. My last chance will be completing Septem and accumulating some login bonuses for one last 10-pull.

Speaking of completing singularities, Orleans really is the worst. This second time around I powered through the whole thing with my stockpiled AP from chaining dailies, and even skipping the story the whole thing is painful. The enemy variety tanks right around the time the first wyvern shows up. Ugh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually here, a summary of the welfares. also spoilers.

saber lily (saber): bad
halloween elizabeth (caster): mediocre. her only good things are her high np gain, but she has the same arts caster with buster np problem that gilles/cu caster/mephistopheles have. though she at least has a buster up skill. only useful for waveclear on assassin nodes, but she does a decent job at that.
nobunaga (archer): pretty alright. she's another aoe np welfare but her np does decent damage and her skills actually synergize with her decent stargen. plus her NP does extra damage to servants with Riding, and a lot of Sabers have riding. And she's an archer.
Santa Artoria (Rider): She's basically Alter Saber, but in the rider class, and with worse attack. Saber Alter is pretty good, somewhat worse Saber Alter is decent. And a heal with a half-decent buff attached is probably better than rank e charisma.
Ryougi (Assassin): Arts assassin who does decent damage, has a strong single target NP due to it automatically being NP5, and has a basic but good skillset.
Irisviel (Caster): Garbo. She's a dedicated healer but the thing is due to how this game works, heals over time like Hans has are so, so much better than just flat heals. And all her NP does is heal people. Hans's heals people and gives them buffs.
Kintoki (Rider): Insanely good. He has an insanely strong NP, a skillset that it solely focused on buffing it and pumping it out, and even has decent stats for his rarity and class. He's probably one of the best 4*s in the game, and he gives a bunch of the 5* Riders a run for their money.
Scathach (Assassin): Decent. Nothing to write home about and her stargen is pretty mediocre for her class, but her NP generates a lot of stars and does decent damage due to being NP5. Mostly useful as waveclear in Rider only nodes.
Kuro (Archer): Insanely good. An amazing skillset, an incredibly strong NP, good hit counts for NP gain, and great stats for her rarity and class. Not quite as good as Rider Kintoki, but still crazy good for being free.
Elizabeth Brave (Saber): Has the best animations in the game. Is otherwise a mediocre 4* saber, though her RNG-as-heck third skill and her single target NP can lead to some shenanigans.
Santa Jeanne (Lancer): An AOE buster skillset basically like all the sabers, but she's a lancer, and with the added bonus of her NP buffing the rest of the party. And again, saint's present is probably better than Charisma. Decent.
Chacha (Berserker): Actually pretty good. Her attack is kind of low but her class makes up for it, and an aoe buster is a lot better on a berserker than it is on a Saber or Lancer or Rider. Combine that with a strong defense debuff and a skill that makes it pretty much guaranteed that she'll have 100% crit rates and she can do some great damage. Not Kuro or Kintoki tier, but a step above the average welfares.
BB (Moon Cancer): The only Moon Cancer in the game, which makes her invaluable against Avenger bosses. Her attack stat is pretty low, but her NP is decently strong and it gives her allies 20% np gauge. Works great as a damage dealer on an arts team due to that, since everyone will just be using their NPs every single turn.

And to summarize:

2 are bad
2 are mediocre
3 are decent
3 are good
1 is great
2 are amazing

So a pretty good haul all in all considering they're free.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here's a handy Saber guide I just found.

https://twitter.com/hitagi_friend/status/884436906615996417?s=09

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Snagged myself a Waver after a weekend of otherwise uneventful pulls. I know Gil's supposed to be the star of this event but I'm more than satisfied with this.

Nice to clear some space, unloading all the Caster-specific EXP cards I've built up since topping off my boy Hans like a week ago.

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013
I have too many reroll accounts to sort through. Anyone interested in a fresh account with Altria, Siegfried, Martha? Still has the free 4 star ticket.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

I don't know anything about this except that apparently the bottom right is the best Saber??

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Darke GBF posted:

I don't know anything about this except that apparently the bottom right is the best Saber??

Best in strength and best in cuteness!! 沖田さん大勝利!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Lalter is apparently very good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And all the welfares are free, with event exchanges just being for boosting NP level? That's even better than I expected.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Motto posted:

And all the welfares are free, with event exchanges just being for boosting NP level? That's even better than I expected.

You have to do event stuff for the ascension items as well, which is more or less of a pain depending on the event. For example, BB from the CCC event requires ascension mats that were guaranteed drops from a set of dungeons after the "completion" of the event that I didn't have enough time to do in the end.

Welfare servant ascension mats are always a single special item per ascension, except for Saber Lily because she was the launch freebie.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Endorph posted:

actually here, a summary of the welfares. also spoilers.

Irisviel (Caster): Garbo. She's a dedicated healer but the thing is due to how this game works, heals over time like Hans has are so, so much better than just flat heals. And all her NP does is heal people. Hans's heals people and gives them buffs.

You're kinda forgetting a thing about the Caster's NP: She gives everyone guts.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

How is Ishtar as a unit? I know she isn't out yet, but, I wanna know if she's worth saving up to whale for when she does drop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

You have to do the event but the events usually go on long enough and aren't that difficult so it isn't too much of a chore. That said the servants are kinda balanced around being NP5 for 'free' so someone like Rider Kintoki loses a good bit of his appeal if he's only NP1.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Even with a pretty early and lazy account I was able to get 2-3 events worth of free ones max ascended easily. Just rely on good supports.

Since many of us will hopefully have a decent lineup for these events, it should be trivial.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
As long as some people get lucky with the useful servants then everybody should be all set.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Motto posted:

How they'll typically go is that you'll get the welfare servant at the end of the event story, but then to level up their NP or get ascension mats you'll have to do extra content. Sometimes that means clearing much higher level stuff, sometimes that means running one level a hundred times to grind for event items to buy it.

I strongly recommend getting all the welfares you can. I slacked off on a bunch of events and regret it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Bakanogami posted:

How they'll typically go is that you'll get the welfare servant at the end of the event story, but then to level up their NP or get ascension mats you'll have to do extra content. Sometimes that means clearing much higher level stuff, sometimes that means running one level a hundred times to grind for event items to buy it.

I strongly recommend getting all the welfares you can. I slacked off on a bunch of events and regret it.

Same, I still haven't been able to max ascend Santa and she's one of the best 4* Riders.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wish Void Refuses did not drop (got 70+ of these loving things) in gold chests, every time it happens with a gold servant I become hopeful, which is always a mistake in this game.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just pulled an Assassin (Hassan) who isn't terrible either.

Game's being surprisingly generous today. Now I just need a halfway competent Saber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

Just pulled an Assassin (Hassan) who isn't terrible either.

Game's being surprisingly generous today. Now I just need a halfway competent Saber.

You're tempting me to roll... that never, ever ended well.