Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Elephunk posted:

I don't get it...? (.gif #1)

look at the arrows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i wish i ran the twitch twitter to troll the hell out of people, tbh

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I wish it was a troll instead of just dumb

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/fantas...9215ee-88893205

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the animation is still so bad lol

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

anime was right posted:

the animation is still so bad lol

this is why he needs money

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
What's up, baller? Only roll with the gold? For just $1,000, get all 10 of our limited edition GOLD costumes. Your opponents will know you as the Midas King of Fantasy Strike, and shudder before your generous patronage. These costumes will be available upon full release:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

same

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

He must be real sad now that disks are getting substituted by digital downloads then.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It has better art direction than MvC:I

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zand posted:

what kind of cab did you get?

arcana is fun

just a rec room masters one with a windows pc in it, nothing official or anything

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

the absolute boy

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/ABTVRoosterTeam/status/884094581410856960

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that will also be by arcsys

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

that will also be by arcsys

Isn't that just BlazBlue? Pretty sure they got RWBY inspired colors in the game already.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

dragon enthusiast posted:

the best part is how the devs have zero clue why that don't fly outside of Japan

No, they understand

They threw up some possible changes to the characters to the western fans on twitter to see what would be both accepted by the community and more palatable to western audiences. Some were beyond the pale (adding a male character) but everyone decided that the characters should be older. So now Examu has said that in AH4, all the characters are going to be older, with the leading theory being between 2 and 10 years older

That same poll had the question "if there was a kickstarter for a future arcana heart game, would you back it"

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 11, 2017

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The Fantasy Strike models look good enough, but the animations and hitsparks make every attack look weak.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
are the animations still ripped straight out of sf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryoga posted:

Isn't that just BlazBlue? Pretty sure they got RWBY inspired colors in the game already.
blazblue released in 2009
the first episode of rwby was released in 2013

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Smoking Crow posted:

No, they understand

They threw up some possible changes to the characters to the western fans on twitter to see what would be both accepted by the community and more palatable to western audiences. Some were beyond the pale (adding a male character) but everyone decided that the characters should be older. So now Examu has said that in AH4, all the characters are going to be older, with the leading theory being between 2 and 10 years older

That same poll had the question "if there was a kickstarter for a future arcana heart game, would you back it"

They look exactly the same but Examu says they're 30 now.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

It has higher lag than other sticks iirc

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

Is this page wrong?

quote:

the cord failure rate is very high. lots of players have their sticks stop working because the cord ceases to function

it has sanwa parts, but they are made specially for the TE2 and not actually at the arcade standard. special low quality parts by sanwa that are still branded sanwa

poo poo, really? Maybe I should sell off my TE2+ then. I still have the original box and it's barely used. I was going to mod in a Fanta stick but now maybe I shouldn't bother.

How's the input lag on this thing:

http://www.etokki.com/Omni-Korean-Edition

I jammed a Fanta stick into a busted up Eightarc and now I can't use anything else.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 11, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe i confused for one of the other te's

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

blazblue released in 2009
the first episode of rwby was released in 2013

just a joke about how similar the two series settings are.
Also this

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Night Blade posted:

http://www.teyah.net/sticklag/results.html

Is this page wrong?

poo poo, really? Maybe I should sell off my TE2+ then. I still have the original box and it's barely used. I was going to mod in a Fanta stick but now maybe I shouldn't bother.

the TE2 has bad lag, the TE2+ is better. iirc, its why there is a + model in the first place. its a good time to sell the te2+ i think. i have my auction set to end the night before evo :D

really the main reason to dump the te2+ is the substandard parts, its extreme ugliness, and the cord failure.

fwiw the kstick you linked is supposed to be pretty good.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Zand posted:

the TE2 has bad lag, the TE2+ is better. iirc, its why there is a + model in the first place. its a good time to sell the te2+ i think. i have my auction set to end the night before evo :D

really the main reason to dump the te2+ is the substandard parts, its extreme ugliness, and the cord failure.

fwiw the kstick you linked is supposed to be pretty good.

Yes, it is ugly, also it's an SFV branded stick. ALSO there's the door creaking problem.

About the only thing I really like about the stick is its surface. Most sticks have a sweaty plexiglass surface, but this thing uses some sort of weird plastic that keeps my hands dry.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you selling your stick? Amazon?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Night Blade posted:

Yes, it is ugly, also it's an SFV branded stick. ALSO there's the door creaking problem.

About the only thing I really like about the stick is its surface. Most sticks have a sweaty plexiglass surface, but this thing uses some sort of weird plastic that keeps my hands dry.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you selling your stick? Amazon?

i just put it up on ebay since i already had an account. theres a lot of different marketplaces online, including SA Mart where where you won't have to pay a cut to a middleman though

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

dragon enthusiast posted:

are the animations still ripped straight out of sf

No, they stole a ton from Guilty Gear as well.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
you can't steal a function

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

If the beat em up on Steam is any indication, it's going to be hideously shallow and bland

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

inthesto posted:

If the beat em up on Steam is any indication, it's going to be hideously shallow and bland

at least it's accurate to the source material

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if the beat em up on steam is any indication, it's going to steal assets from both the atelier series and touhou fangames

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also the bleach game for the wii, the rwby beat em up stole assets from that too

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Dias posted:

https://twitter.com/TheCreativeJenn/status/884487585564852224

Follow the threads. I was gonna let people do the legwork because eh, I don't like dogpiling, but I guess you guys are cool and we can just have a big laugh at the dummy here.

its not like they can do a dp anyways

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
should have been 'mash a vaguely down forward direction and slam the punch buttons repeatedly'

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

What in this game could possibly cost 500,000 US Dollars.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shiki Dan posted:

Sirlins ego.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Night Blade posted:

Huh? Why is it the TE2+ garbage?

It's defective as gently caress. Like cheap Chinese circa 1980s defective.

Every time I see this game it looks worse.

Shiki Dan posted:

That's actually pretty low, even with him (almost definitely) getting funding from outside sources). You'd be surprised how much games cost to make.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 11, 2017

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/884688421544972289

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/301424/What_developers_are_saying_about_the_design_of_Nintendos_Arms.php

David Sirlin (Yomi, Puzzle Strike, Fantasy Strike)

I still haven't been able to buy a Nintendo Switch from anywhere. But Arms is an "uneven playfield game," meaning it gives material advantage to those who grind or pay more (in this case, grind more). That it has no regard for fairness in competition is offensive to me so I reject the game out-of-hand, no matter what else it might be doing. It would have been so easy for it to be a fair game, so it's baffling that it chose to express the values of unfairness in competition.

Fair competition, that is, competition where the game designers have not deliberately put some players at material disadvantage because those players put in fewer hours, is a virtue that in my opinion adds value to our world overall. Fair competition is a glimpse into what a meritocracy is like, and that's a valuable experience to have—it teaches virtues that extend beyond games. I've personally gotten a lot out of the world of competitive games and I'd hope any other competitive players out there know what I mean.

That Arms is probably aimed at a younger audience makes this more concerning, rather than less concerning, because young people are the ones I most hope get to have the experience of meritocracies. If it were just one game exploring unfairness in an overt way, that would be one thing, but our current situation has fairness in competition under attack from all sides in games. Arms seems to condone that, attempting to build tacit approval of uneven playfields with a new generation of players. Is that truly the mark it wishes to leave on this world?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 11, 2017