Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

boviscopophobic posted:

Elite: Dangerous has about 1M owners on Steam according to SteamSpy and has averaged about 4000 concurrent players over the past 30 days according to SteamCharts.

Star Citizen has roughly 2M accounts according to the tracker and has averaged a total of about 60 concurrent players in the EA modules over the past few weeks according to analysis of the leaderboards. There are no metrics on PU usage but I think a reasonable ballpark figure is 10x the usage of the EA modules, so a total of about 600-700 average concurrent players over all game modes. Either the average Star Citizen backer cares a lot less for their game than the typical Elite: Dangerous player does for theirs, or the citizen count is vastly overinflated by multiple accounts and non-paying accounts, or some combination of the two is at work here.

I believe in the 500k+ reports. However, it's easier to play tbe game in your dreams than logging in and facing the harsh reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Fucksake Centrestrain you're better than this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d0Or-tCXzI

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

yo checkin in
Have you played SC since having your head opened? I'm wondering if it improves the game.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Fuzzy modem's in jail
Did he get sentenced yet? That seemed to keep getting delayed.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Delta patcher was one of the two things CR said would absolutely be released in 2016.

The other was Spectrum.

One of these was up to CIG to develop. The other was not.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Sentencing in two weeks.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Is anyone even working on the game graphics anymore

The answer is yes. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Differences between this and Chris studios:

It has windows- Horrible decision, you dont need to remind people the outside world exists.
Everyone consolidated into one studio- Horrible, its far more efficient to have 4 different studios in 4 different time zones because work never ends. Who cares if we spent a year trying to work out a proper schedule to get things done?
Functional desks- Bad, what a developer needs is quality restored airplane wings to work out off.

Really it should have just been pictures of where the motion capture studio will be set up. Then the movie making studio. Probably followed up with some custom wall size paintings and giant metal logos of their in game companies.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

My favorite thing about MoMA is that no matter how obviously :smuggo: he's being, there's at least one or two people that take the bait. It lets me know the thread isn't dead yet lol.

It's the thread pulse. :)

Star Citizens ongoing gift to SA.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Have you played SC since having your head opened? I'm wondering if it improves the game.

No but I am confident that it is no better

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

radd posted:

So, another idiot checking in.

Red leader, checkng in.

Sunswipe posted:

October, i think. They're in no hurry, given the compilation of the sentence to one big one.

Edit: somewhere, arfjason opened one eye.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Chalks posted:

Remember that time you pretended to be a rational backer and said you'd be really worried if they'd not released 3.0 in the first half of 2017?

I guess you've learnt your lesson. Finally realised it's too embarrassing to just gloss over their constant failure so you've set your expectations to releasing literally nothing over an infinite span of time.

Now I guess you just have to cross your fingers and hope that they don't disappoint you on that, too.

He's not a backer.

He'll never learn a lesson because he's not the one being schooled, it's the opposite here. He'll also have no amount of embarrassment, disappointment or anything similar because of this.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

spacetoaster posted:

Any of you guys looking for crew positions on jpegs?

Here's your site: http://www.starshipcrewconnector.com/

An Ad posted:

Recruitment for Phoenix Battalion Squadron Leader/Member positions. Missions will generally consist of strike teams boarding/entering Syndicate territory and collecting bounties on all outlaws present/collecting all Syndicate assets present. Training for these teams will begin in 8 weeks, and will take place 2-3 times a week. This training is recommended, as we will be going over/developing tactics and weapon skills until launch. It is not mandatory to attend all sessions, but recruits should attend as many as they can.

Thanks for this hot tip. I'd never have guessed that Phoenix Battalion Squadron is recruiting!

Another Ad posted:

My org (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/GDL) is currently recruiting crew members for our many vessels.

In this particular case we have a need for crew for our Crucible repair vessel. Mostly in a repair/engineering/mechanic/maintenance role to maintain our fleet. You'll be working in close co-operation with our commercial and armed fleet in repairing all craft. Profit sharing is the reward.

To participate the minimal requirement is to join the org and the discord server (link also on the org RSI page)

Sign up now for this non-existent position featuring game mechanics that haven't been implemented on a ship that only exists in theory! Positions are filling fast!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

They are doing neuro implants for immersion.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sunswipe posted:

I know I've said this a lot, but I honestly cannot tell which end of that thing is supposed to be the front. I haven't seen designs this bad since the Michael Bay Transformers movies, and I do not say that lightly.

Now that you mention it and I actually looked at the grey knife looking thing in the picture, I also don't know which way is the front. :(

Is the front the side with the star on it, or is that the engine part?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Uh oh

Someone show this to Chris.

https://youtu.be/E3LtFrMAvQ4

Such fidelity. He owes it to his fans to change engines now.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

idiot checking in

:same:

Right here with you, friend.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I guess that makes me the first Avenger hero. Never backed this game and years ago told my friend who did he was an idiot if he bought more than the base package.

:smuggo:

I just read this thread for the trainwreck after noticing it was almost always at the top of the games forum every time I checked there.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Star Citizen:

MilesK posted:

a whole bunch of limb related promises.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/sandigardiner/status/884549458968551428

Brand new leather jacket refactoring

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! Never forget :bahgawd:

Star Citizen - CitizenCon 2014 Persistent Universe Demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0-Ejq4Ef48&t=296s

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ManofManyAliases posted:

1) 1.8 million people signed up to see if a dream can become reality
2) 15k backers have dumped at least 1k into development
3) any press, negative or not, is press for CIG (so all you detractors: keep on keeping-on).
4) Who said I'm trolling? I'm close to this game in many ways and I want to see it made (in fact, it's in progress). 5 years/7 years - whatever.

The detractors like myself look at this absolute shitshow and are advocating for the 1.8 million backers to get a refund because CIG are at this point very clearly hack frauds

Breetai posted:

Uh oh

Clearly Epic is simply stealing footage from the interiors of Star Citizen player apartments because they cannot match the fidelity of blast processed refactoring

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 11, 2017

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Jesus loving Christ. They are making zero real progress and are still playing dress up with one of the 2 mission givers from a patch that's already 7 months late.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Exinos posted:

Jesus loving Christ. They are making zero real progress and are still playing dress up with one of the 2 mission givers from a patch that's already 7 months late.

hopefully it will be out before December 19th

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Didn't this get 'completed' last patch update?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

god drat hilarious that an NPC has gone through 3 refactors already and still hasn't seen the light of day; just remember citizens, this is one of 9238472129 mission givers

I for one am convinced this game is totally going to launch within the next 5 years

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Breetai posted:

Uh oh

They even have toilets!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

30 years minimum.

You'd think the article would mention how he won that ship design contest.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/870442946591674368

Pay close attention around the collar, lapel, and shoulders. They've literally changed his jacket again. Refactoring jackets repeatedly wasn't in any way an exaggeration.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
If they are at the polishing stage then surely that means the game is content complete! i'm predicting cig surprises us with a full release around september

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

XK posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/870442946591674368

Pay close attention around the collar, lapel, and shoulders. They've literally changed his jacket again. Refactoring jackets repeatedly wasn't in any way an exaggeration.

Hey what do you expect? The jacket is the gateway into the soul.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Nicholas posted:

If they are at the polishing stage then surely that means the game is content complete! i'm predicting Coutts & Co surprises us with a full release around september

Fixed.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nicholas posted:

If they are at the polishing stage then surely that means the game is content complete! i'm predicting cig surprises us with a full release around september

This game defines "Polishing a turd."

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

By far the funniest rumour that came true.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I love how the clock on that screen is conveniently out of frame.

Kinda wonder if that is just an old img they're recycling now, or if its actually a legit, third or fourth refactor of one of the only NPCs (not yet) in the "game".

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Searching for the optimal deck chair configuration on the Titanic.

The band are playing full burn in the background.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Weird wording, too. It's Eckhart's "mission giver outfit". Does he also have casual wear? Is there a "mission giver" uniform?

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

As the outfit pipeline is looking a little slow im guessing leather jackets are going to be seen a lot, including pyjamas and space suits.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Sometimes the future is a World War II movie, sometimes it's a Split Enz video without the hair.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

XK posted:

Weird wording, too. It's Eckhart's "mission giver outfit". Does he also have casual wear? Is there a "mission giver" uniform?

When Eckhart's subsumption AI is implemented it will be but one of the many dozens of outfits he wears as he goes about his daily life in the verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

MilesK posted:

The Star Citizen tracker is missing a whole bunch of limb related promises.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14318-Design-Healing-Your-Spacemen

I'll check it out in the morning. Thanks.

Starpoint Gemini 2 just went 80% off on Steam if anyone cares for games that exist today.