Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mae Young Classic has a new logo:

It looks better on the actual page, by the way.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
They already named Sage but seemingly realised that TM61's Nick Miller still exists:

https://twitter.com/WWENXTWORLD/status/882729746127310848

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They still have Renee and her brother Darren.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Demi/Rhea getting some press

https://twitter.com/SeanFewster/status/883082276921237505

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bryan Alvarez said on WOL there's 5 slots vacant in the MYC.

People are meant to report to Orlando on Monday.

In WWE's defence I will say I do know of one major injury to a well known name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've only announced ~15 of the competitors for this so far.

I assume the plan is to keep announcing them in bits until the air date, even though I guess spoilers will give all the names this week since it films Thursday.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yet another belt is pretty stupid when the nxt women's title scene is already stale as hell

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kris Wolf vs Shanna for the High Speed Title next korakuen hall STARDOM show. Could have some interesting implications down the road. That's all I know and all I can say right now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Demi is pretty good although I've only seen her maybe half a dozen times. She is also surprisingly younger than I expected as I figured she was about 24 since she's been about for a while now.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

coconono posted:

Kris Wolf vs Shanna for the High Speed Title next korakuen hall STARDOM show. Could have some interesting implications down the road. That's all I know and all I can say right now.

Yeah, Shanna cut a promo setting that up at the 1st Ring show after the tag match she had with Gabby Ortiz against Hana Kimura and Kagetsu. Also, Stardom is starting to promote their "New Era" on Twitter so that's probably part of it.

Also Shanna and Gabby gave me a high five after the show when I told them it was my first live wrestling experience.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Auritech posted:

Yeah, Shanna cut a promo setting that up at the 1st Ring show after the tag match she had with Gabby Ortiz against Hana Kimura and Kagetsu. Also, Stardom is starting to promote their "New Era" on Twitter so that's probably part of it.

Also Shanna and Gabby gave me a high five after the show when I told them it was my first live wrestling experience.

you probably didn't ask if Gabby why her top makes it looks like her nipples are pierced. Which is for the best.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
One of the stand outs from this past SHIMMER weekend was Deonna Purrazzo. She beat Cheerleader Melissa and Cherry Bomb before losing to Hudson Envy, Nicole Matthews, and Nicole Savoy.

Also, Britt Baker did not leave immediately after the shows like most of them did. WWE Medicals for the MYC were today,so I guess Britt won't be in it.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
I was kind of surprised that Tessa Blanchard retained the Shimmer Tag Titles. I'd just assumed she was going to get signed with the rest of this swath after the Mae Young Classic.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TheHock posted:

I was kind of surprised that Tessa Blanchard retained the Shimmer Tag Titles. I'd just assumed she was going to get signed with the rest of this swath after the Mae Young Classic.

Tessa was amazing all weekend. There was a little girl in the crowd both days and her and Tessa went back and forth all weekend long. It was great. At one point Tessa told her t-shirt made her look fat. Tessa was by far the most over heel of the tapings. Reminded me a lot of Alexa Bliss. When they finally do lose the tag titles, Kraven is gonna get cheered massively when she turns on Tessa. It will be glorious.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was it the same girl from shimmer orlando that she got into it with

i only went to rise but deonna vs melissa was good. also they imported a mini-peyton royce and mini-the other one team

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

was it the same girl from shimmer orlando that she got into it with

i only went to rise but deonna vs melissa was good. also they imported a mini-peyton royce and mini-the other one team

Yes. She's been dubbed SHIMIzzy.

And yeah, Charli Evans and Jessica Troy were awesome. Charli Evans spent the entire weekend flipping my hat off. It was a running gag for 3 straight days. They are both really cool. I think they will be the new Kimber Bombs by the next set of tapings in November.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sounds like Britt Baker isn't in the MYC which is a shame since she is probably one of the best despite being only starting around 2 years ago.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nixon tore her acl this tourney is gonna suck rear end lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

noooo

Stardom dug up some old Alpha Female matches for your enjoyment. If you like watching her body tiny japanese women. One of which was wearing jorts.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mae Young Classic competitors will be introduced live on Facebook this Thursday (before the taping starts, most likely).

http://www.wwe.com/shows/maeyoungclassic/article/watch-mae-young-classic-parade-of-champions-facebook-live?sf97020875=1

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

At the rate that injuries are striking the participants I wouldn't be shocked if we got some mysterious masked wrestlers like La hija del hugger

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Skinty McEdger posted:

At the rate that injuries are striking the participants I wouldn't be shocked if we got some mysterious masked wrestlers like La hija del hugger

The only person injured right now though who was supposed to participate was Nixon Newell. Io Shirai was never going to be part of the tournament, even if she didn't have a neck injury, and I haven't heard of any other injuries to the participants.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
There will be alternates in Florida this week in case anything else happens. I know of at least 2 that are in Florida but not part of the tournament yet.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

Nixon's last few matches on the indies were something I had never seen before from a signed talent. Shooting star presses to the floor and stuff. Her shoulder is very bad too. I hope she isn't physically breaking down already.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Of note during SHIMMER, there wasn't any crazy brawls or weapons based matches. No "around the arena" fights. Not even that many dives to the outside really. Not saying it wasn't good, because it was, but it was def more "controlled" than normal SHIMMER weekends.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Another name we can confirm is undergoing medical testing is Deonna Purrazzo.

Deonna Purrazzo is no stranger to the WWE Performance Center as she has had a WWE Tryout back in February of 2016. The 23 year old has also competed on NXT as enhancement talent as well as appearing on SmackDown Live facing Alexa Bliss.

Purrazzo has also appeared for IMPACT, losing a singles match against Brooke at Knockouts Knockdown II. Deonna returned to TNA on January 8, 2016 at the One Night Only: Live PPV and participated in a #1 Contender’s Gauntlet Match, where she was eliminated by Awesome Kong. She made a third appearance on March 17, 2016 at Knockouts Knockdown IV where she lost to Madison Rayne. On January 19, 2017, episode of Impact Wrestling, Purrazzo faced Brooke in a losing effort.

Recently Purrazzo has returned from a stay with STARDOM in Japan. Just this past weekend Deonna made her SHIMMER debut.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/possible-mae-young-classic-name-2/

Used to think I was biased toward Deonna and I am likely still am due to stumbling upon her matches at an early stage, following her rapid improvement and getting to know her generally. But then as time went on she has gotten strong notices by fans, promoters and other wrestlers. The amount and scope of Wrestling people who have praised her or follow her on social media is really cool. Her popularity and how good of a wrestler she is probably better within the industry than with fans I hope the MYC changes that. Also stops her being typecast as enhancement talent.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Add Rachel Ellering to the list

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/several-names-expected-wwe-mae-young-classic-239031

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

I've heard she is really good, and I hope this leads to a real WWE run for her.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect the choice of alternates and the first round losers to be pretty controversial. Doesn't seem to be as well judged as the CWC IMO.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
#AskQuestions

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status/885015516900990976

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I loving swear if Ronda gets signed and steamrolls the division I'm done.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yes, of all the poo poo booking involving the women, a legit Olympic medalist judoka who is one of the most popular female athletes in existence getting pushed would be too far.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/885026072017985536

It looks like Stardom might start sticking free matches up on YouTube. I'm not sure that this isn't a one off but this is a fairly nothing match to put up. Saying that Jungle Kyona is probably a good combination of entertaining gimmick and in ring ability to draw people in.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

It looks like Stardom might start sticking free matches up on YouTube. I'm not sure that this isn't a one off but this is a fairly nothing match to put up. Saying that Jungle Kyona is probably a good combination of entertaining gimmick and in ring ability to draw people in.

the Jungle Jungle crew is always so dang happy, its infectious.

Mari Apache has been announced for Stardom cards. Not sure if this is a one off, or she's staying for a tour.
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/884995598964973568

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm in this video. (Left side of entrance row.) :aaa:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MaeYoungClassic/status/885139865125433344

UK wise Kay Lee Ray is almost underrated with all the attention Toni Storm gets these days but she's among the elite Wrestlers in the World.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kay Lee Ray was the lady that got thrown into a wall during a ICW show in glasgow if I remember right.

She's gon on and done a bunch of cool matches that very violent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Scottish burds invadin' WWE. Want Nikki, Kay Lee and Viper/Piper to gang up and batter some Yanks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/NixonNewell/status/885143529588219905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider has confirmed Candice and Mia Yim.