Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Just pulled an Assassin (Hassan) who isn't terrible either.

Game's being surprisingly generous today. Now I just need a halfway competent Saber.

Lily works fine for now once she actually has some levels, so just level and use her. Your only other real choice at the moment is Caesar if you don't want to gamble on quartz rolls, as the only other free option is Saber Gilles, and hahaha at ever using him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Virtue posted:

I dunno I haven't found Jeanne's to be good for carrying. They hit like a wet noodle

she doesn't hit to hard in comparison to 5*, but she will outlive everyone else on the team and doesn't really give a poo poo about type advantage. She's incredibly reliable, you can just throw her in and expect Jeanne.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm starting to really loving hate chimeras. That's twice now that I've been wiped due to crit crit crit.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Jeanne gets eaten by a chimera is practically my MO.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

the_steve posted:

How is Ishtar as a unit? I know she isn't out yet, but, I wanna know if she's worth saving up to whale for when she does drop.

She's usually rated below Gilgamesh, but the two of them are the highest rated 5* Servants that have AOE damage NPs. Her skills beat out Gil's, but her crit star gen is complete garbage whereas Gil is above average. Ishtar also hasn't had a NP upgrade Interlude added to the game yet, so Enuma Elish outperforms it quite a bit. But really they are so close in power that you can choose who to use between them based on preference.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yesssssss, I finally got my waifu, Francis Drake, on the japanese server. I can't believe how luckier I've gotten in there now that I'm mostly playing on the american server.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Virtue posted:

I dunno I haven't found Jeanne's to be good for carrying. They hit like a wet noodle

At 80/90 she can hit well and basically be invincible and make her team insanely durable. Not sure you're using her well.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Speaking of Jeanne, just got the mats I needed for third Ascension. Super / great / super feeds has her at 80. Now for 3 assassin and 1 berserker monuments.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Lord Koth posted:

Lily works fine for now once she actually has some levels, so just level and use her. Your only other real choice at the moment is Caesar if you don't want to gamble on quartz rolls, as the only other free option is Saber Gilles, and hahaha at ever using him.
I've been using her but even at level 30 she still kinda hits like a wet noodle, even when paired against enemies she should have the edge against. More commonly I just spring for someone's support Saber when I need one.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

I've been using her but even at level 30 she still kinda hits like a wet noodle, even when paired against enemies she should have the edge against. More commonly I just spring for someone's support Saber when I need one.

She only starts being ok at above 50 or 60 if I recall the xp curve. Even then, Caesar is better for skills.

Wish I had rolled SAlter though :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
When does Mash get another upgrade? I just finished Orleans, was hoping she'd get a bump going into the next chapter.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

New Leaf posted:

When does Mash get another upgrade? I just finished Orleans, was hoping she'd get a bump going into the next chapter.

After Septem, she gets her first Ascension.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

She only starts being ok at above 50 or 60 if I recall the xp curve. Even then, Caesar is better for skills.

Wish I had rolled SAlter though :(

SAlter is good but man I need fangs to ascend her again :<

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

SAlter is good but man I need fangs to ascend her again :<

You have Vlad and SAlter? :| You lucky jerk.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Is there any kinda "Soft" ceiling for bond points? Seems like my guys are capping out.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

You have Vlad and SAlter? :| You lucky jerk.

I also have d'Eon and Emiya! (tutorial and Free 4* Choice respectively) :v:

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Bad Seafood posted:

Is there any kinda "Soft" ceiling for bond points? Seems like my guys are capping out.

Nope, this is just the difference in cost between levels 1-5 and levels 6-10, it takes 100s of times more xp for level 6, so the first pixel wont show up until you have spent days grinding.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ah, alright. Thanks.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

I also have d'Eon and Emiya! (tutorial and Free 4* Choice respectively) :v:

I was super lucky CE-wise, I cannot (should not, rather) complain. But 2x stheno + vlad (martha free choice) after 55 rerolls isn't what I was hoping for :)

I was really hoping for SSR + SAlter but heh. Hopefully the game does well and we get good events/a good trade market going :)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Metaphorically, Bond points 1-5 is the Getting to Know you phase, Bonds 6-10 is about your friendship tempered through endless grinds and unforgiving boss battles :getin:

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Does status effect like attack up or buster up increase NP damage?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I'm almost Rank 6 on Vlad and Ushiwakamaru

what does it give anyways?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

MotU posted:

Ranks 6 to 9 they'll give you items like Quartz or Golden Apples.

Rank 10 you get their unique Bond CE.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

MotU posted:

Rank 6-9 each give Quartz (1 for 1-3 Stars, 2 for 4-stars, 3 for 5-stars), Rank 10 gives a unique CE for that servant.

Edit: Ah, yeah, I'm wrong for 1 and 2 stars. 1 stars give a Golden Apple for Bond 6-8, 2 stars give a Golden Apple for Bond 6-7.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weissritter posted:

Does status effect like attack up or buster up increase NP damage?

yes

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I don't really know what to use my experience on for a couple of classes at this point. For Sabers I have a level 70 Attila as well as Lily, Ceaser and Giles, While for Assassins I now have everyone 3* and under, and Cursed arm is maxed out now, because he is cool and good and my friend, so I don't know what to do with the.... 22 Gold exps for the class I have.

I might just end up feeding Mash a bit, since getting a head start there seems useful.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ashsaber posted:

I don't really know what to use my experience on for a couple of classes at this point. For Sabers I have a level 70 Attila as well as Lily, Ceaser and Giles, While for Assassins I now have everyone 3* and under, and Cursed arm is maxed out now, because he is cool and good and my friend, so I don't know what to do with the.... 22 Gold exps for the class I have.

I might just end up feeding Mash a bit, since getting a head start there seems useful.

The more you progress, the less that becomes relevant :) Already you're likely above 30AP farm level, 40 AP is a bit still rough depending on support, if not, well you have your answer.

Make sure to not waste mana prism intake from silvers unless you're desperate.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Celebratory ascension pull, get a tomato cat. Berserker squad could be a reality here soon, man.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder what the 7-11 announcement will be about.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder what the 7-11 announcement will be about.

Free slurpees.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Announcement is another set of login bonuses for the week.

quote:

2017-07-13 04:00 - 07-20 03:59 UTC
* The first login bonus will be given out after 07-13 04:00.
* The next login bonuses will be given out at 4:00 each day.
* The login bonuses can be claimed up to 7 times. However, depending on the time you start the game, that number may change.

Number of LoginsGift Details

1st Login1 Summon Ticket, 3 Million QP
2nd Login1 Summon Ticket, 10,000 Friend Points
3rd Login1 Summon Ticket, 10 ALL ★4 (SR) Blaze of Wisdom
4th Login1 Summon Ticket, 5 Heroic Crystal: Sun Fou ALL★3 (ATK)
5th Login1 Summon Ticket, 5 Heroic Crystal: Star Fou ALL★3 (HP)
6th Login1 Summon Ticket, 5 Golden Fruits
7th Login1 Summon Ticket, 50 Mana Prisms

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

UchihaHirou posted:

Speaking of Jeanne, just got the mats I needed for third Ascension. Super / great / super feeds has her at 80. Now for 3 assassin and 1 berserker monuments.

So long Artoria, I hope I never have to fight you ever again.

That QP requirement though :eyepop:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
jeanne is cool buy why does she take 3-4 characters word of items

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

She doesn't, that's her final ascension. All final ascensions for 5*s use around that number of items or more. She just purely uses various Monuments rather than the other various drops. Waver, for example, needs 12 Caster Monuments, 10 Phoenix Feathers and 10 Eternal Gears.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Can a Fire HD8 tablet play this without smoke coming out the back? My Nexus 7 is showing its age and while the Fire is a bit of a downgrade, the Android tablet world is a desert and $50 for one on Prime Day is kind of ridiculous.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

You're kinda forgetting a thing about the Caster's NP: She gives everyone guts.

This is actually really important for that one particular fight during Nerofest 2: Umu Boogaloo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

delfin posted:

Can a Fire HD8 tablet play this without smoke coming out the back? My Nexus 7 is showing its age and while the Fire is a bit of a downgrade, the Android tablet world is a desert and $50 for one on Prime Day is kind of ridiculous.
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/547qlv/budget_android_devices_that_can_run_fgo_how_to/

The cheapest non-refurbished on that list is a Lenovo TAB2 A10 at $160, which is what I got. I've had a few crashes some slight slowdown on some NP animations but it otherwise plays the game fine.

E: Alternatively try some of the tactics in that post about how to speed up performance; I can attest that it helps my regular non-FGO phone.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Nate RFB posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/547qlv/budget_android_devices_that_can_run_fgo_how_to/

The cheapest non-refurbished on that list is a Lenovo TAB2 A10 at $160, which is what I got. I've had a few crashes some slight slowdown on some NP animations but it otherwise plays the game fine.

I read that, and saw its "some are playing with 1.5gb RAM but we're cutting off our recommendations at 2 gb" disclaimer. I'm curious if anyone's had firsthand experience on the Fire.

I just bought a Moto G5+ which should run it with ease, but a bigger screen for dirt cheap would be nice.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Once you start chainrunning Doors, that amount of QP will seem like nothing.

Of course, the suffering really starts when you're sitting on almost 100m QP but have no materials to ascend anyone. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Skills are worse. Levelling a 5* servant's skill from 1-10 cost over 50mil total, per skill. That's about 160mil to max out a servant