Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cause you need to look stylish when you're working out your contract allowing you to dominate the flesh of mortals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

We learned it from watching you VideoGames!

WE LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!

WHAT THE HECK?! This treachery will not stand.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

WHAT THE HECK?! This treachery will not stand.

I'm still in a dream
TAINT REAPERRRRRRrrrrrr

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Al Borland Corp. posted:

In Hand-held Mode, the Switch has both Joy-Cons attached to it, allowing for gaming on the go.

The Joycon (plural of Joycon is Joycon)
Um... :thunk:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

In this thread I'm going to take on the role of a shitposter who is definitely not mad as heck about video game consoles.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I enjoyed playing arms and BoI on my Switch on the plane down to Sydney for work last night and in my hotel room. I look forward to playing more when I get back there tonight.

That's my Switch update for this Tuesday.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
At this point I'm basically just waiting to see if there's an Odyssey bundle/recolor before buying the console.

Does anyone remember how long before release the Splatoon 2 console bundle got announced?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

NRVNQSR posted:

At this point I'm basically just waiting to see if there's an Odyssey bundle/recolor before buying the console.

Does anyone remember how long before release the Splatoon 2 console bundle got announced?

It was during the ARMS Direct that presented Splatoon 2's hero mode.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How could anyone be mad at a video game console? (Unless it's a microsoft created one. Those charlatans trying to destroy gaming!!)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Finster Dexter posted:

Why is 12switch in the OP but you left out I Am Setsuna!?!?!

That's a third party game. I'll be adding those tonight to the second part

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can we please call third party Nintendo games Thindies?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Can we please call third party Nintendo games Thindies?
And man, what third party Nintendo games?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Infinitum posted:

I'm still in a dream
TAINT REAPERRRRRRrrrrrr

Is that who Videogames was before the name change??? Oh my God.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No Taint Reaper was actually interesting :v:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Infinitum posted:

:drat:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

theres no game over screens. you just keep losing coins and then thats it. theres no lives anymore. 1up is dead. mario is actually dead, and has been the whole time.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Pro tip for all you new switch owners: it has terrible on board wifi. Real bad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

:dunkedon:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Only 4 ARMS to go until Mechanica is completed!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Overbite posted:

My WiFi is good? YMMV I guess :shrug:

Try restarting your Switch if you have issues, but since the latest system patch I've been rock solid

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Overbite posted:

That hasn't been my experience

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The weird thing about the Switch Wifi, in my experience, is that it always shows like 2 out of 3 bars in the connection status, but then the performance is totally fine. Mind you, that's in Mario Kart, so it's not exactly a complete study of the matter.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Overbite posted:

Mine has been perfect.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my wifi has also been perfect

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I had to DMZ my Switch to get it to play online (though I think my router is lovely)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only difference I've noticed since the update in terms of wifi is it connects to my network a lot faster than before. Performance is the same

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Overbite posted:

This is fake news and a scrub tip friend! My switch? Perfect. My Switch's wifi? Perfect.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I just really want more games like Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I hope Nintendo and Atlus deliver.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Overbite posted:

In have to hard reset my switch to get it to connect sometimes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Overbite posted:

Try switching channels to 1 or 11, and maybe to 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz. There are a whole lot of reasons wifi can be lovely, and it's not just the console's fault (mine's been perfectly fine).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Try switching channels to 1 or 11, and maybe to 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz. There are a whole lot of reasons wifi can be lovely, and it's not just the console's fault (mine's been perfectly fine).

I just got one of those fancy Portal routers and it helped a lot - living in NYC there are probably 30+ networks overlapping you in any given spot so "free channels" don't exist.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shovel Knight is better than Blaster Master right? I tried the BM demo and found it charmingly retro and un-charmingly boring as hell.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Overbite posted:

My Switch has better wifi connectivity than my PS4. That thing is bad at wifi.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

AndrewP posted:

Shovel Knight is better than Blaster Master right? I tried the BM demo and found it charmingly retro and un-charmingly boring as hell.

This is true.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Dizz posted:

Disgaea 5 chat because nobody asked.

Slowly making progress on this thing. From what I hear, It's about a quarter of the way to it's full potential, then I can play the game of "Rolling the dice on trying to duplicate it every 10-20 minutes or so" for all my characters.

I can't wait to have time to play this. It totally scratched the "I need FFT" itch on my PS4 and I'm willing to shell out the price again to have it portable. I keep hoping for more tactical games. Outside of the obvious Mario Rabbids game, I'm also looking forward to Tiny Metal and WarGroove. WarGroove looks a little thin on the surface but I'll probably give it a shot.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

AndrewP posted:

Way better. Blaster Master has you going between glowing spots on a map with little actual challenge. Shovel Knight is the opposite.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Martytoof posted:

I can't wait to have time to play this. It totally scratched the "I need FFT" itch on my PS4 and I'm willing to shell out the price again to have it portable. I keep hoping for more tactical games. Outside of the obvious Mario Rabbids game, I'm also looking forward to Tiny Metal and WarGroove. WarGroove looks a little thin on the surface but I'll probably give it a shot.

Wargroove doesn't look thin, its just a slightly different genre from Disgaea/FFT. It is just a carbon copy of Advance Wars.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
When are we getting a new Advance Wars game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

When are we getting a new Advance Wars game

Never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since the original Game Boy. I am looking forward to being able to play Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Phoenix Wright, Layton, Picross...

Like the Game Boy I have spent over half the time with the Switch on a Tetris game

• Locked thread