Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

This is both witchcraft and blasphemy.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

This is both witchcraft and blasphemy.
Speak for yourself, heathen. :colbert:

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 11, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rexroom posted:

Speak for yourself, heathen. :colbert:

What Marie does in the EU stays in the EU.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I've been thinking, maybe Callie is the better Squid Sister

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Cheeto posted:

:oh:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

:yeah:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can you replay the tutorial if you delete the splatfest app on your Switch? I want to adjust sensivity and try out pro vs split joycons before saturday

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Dr Cheeto posted:

:h:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Ppap

Pro-pineapple an pizza

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

irlZaphod posted:

I think in the Direct they mentioned that through the App it's a dedicated chat for you team. So I would think that even if you're just playing with 3 strangers you'll be able/have to chat with them.

Nintendo? HELL NO. No way in hell is Nintendo letting kids talk to anybody not on their friend list.

It doesn't even go through the game, dude. You hear the game audio mixed in with a completely separate audio source, which is just you chatting with your friends. The switch is not involved in audio chat at all, and your phone just has your friends on it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wow did you notice Callie and Marie were never in agreement about the splatfest theme? It's almost like they were just doing their job and not really giving their personal opinion!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Bloop posted:

Wow did you notice Callie and Marie were never in agreement about the splatfest theme? It's almost like they were just doing their job and not really giving their personal opinion!

sometimes, you gotta tell family that they're wrong

and by that, i mean all the time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nintendo should end this one with another vote for the best sister, and just to troll everyone the two that lost both splatfests should be the hosts for splatoon 3.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I don't think they're real

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Zelder posted:

I don't think they're real

They're real and they're my friends.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Zaphod42 posted:

Nintendo? HELL NO. No way in hell is Nintendo letting kids talk to anybody not on their friend list.

It doesn't even go through the game, dude. You hear the game audio mixed in with a completely separate audio source, which is just you chatting with your friends. The switch is not involved in audio chat at all, and your phone just has your friends on it.

It's going to cost me a lot of money hiring people to shriek at me to get on the splat zone even though I am playing turf war.*

*This is meant to be humorous and not an actual argument that the game should not have voice chat as an option.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Oh, I know this one, it's millennials right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

pixaal posted:

Nintendo should end this one with another vote for the best sister, and just to troll everyone the two that lost both splatfests should be the hosts for splatoon 3.

The monsters who voted against Callie deserve to suffer

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lakbay posted:

Can you replay the tutorial if you delete the splatfest app on your Switch? I want to adjust sensivity and try out pro vs split joycons before saturday

You can replay the tutorial by deleting your save data. The catch is you can't adjust the sensitivity until you complete the tutorial so uh, jump around and look at people in the lobby?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Here's looking at you, squid should be the next Splatoon thread title

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Here's a weird question: my wife loves Splatoon, and is excited for 2. We share a Switch, which we each have a profile on. She has her own NNID and such. If she starts playing Splatoon 2 on our Switch, but then decides to get her own so we can face each other in local multiplayer or play online together, will she have to start over from scratch on the new Switch? Or do we have to wait until they institute cloud saves?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bizarre deformity posted:

Here's a weird question: my wife loves Splatoon, and is excited for 2. We share a Switch, which we each have a profile on. She has her own NNID and such. If she starts playing Splatoon 2 on our Switch, but then decides to get her own so we can face each other in local multiplayer or play online together, will she have to start over from scratch on the new Switch? Or do we have to wait until they institute cloud saves?

She can put her character info on an Amiibo and transfer it that way

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I feel like frozen yogurt is more popular now. I constantly see those places more packed vs. ice cream shops.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I feel like frozen yogurt is more popular now. I constantly see those places more packed vs. ice cream shops.

At least in my city, the frozen yogurt fad has given way to rolled ice cream

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Guy Goodbody posted:

She can put her character info on an Amiibo and transfer it that way

Do we know if that will bring everything over, like her rank online and stuff? Or just her gear setup?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

bizarre deformity posted:

Knowing Nintendo, cloud saves are probably the thing to wait for.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Anybody want to get together and have one last round of Splatoon 1 on Wednesday or something before we move on to Splatoon 2

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rexroom posted:

Knowing Nintendo, cloud saves are probably the thing to wait for.

Hopefully they'll be part of the online subscription from the getgo

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The real question is once they inevitably sell the two new idol amiibos as a 2-pack, what are we going to do with the bad one? Donate it to a Goodwill or something I guess.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Saint Freak posted:

The real question is once they inevitably sell the two new idol amiibos as a 2-pack, what are we going to do with the bad one? Donate it to a Goodwill or something I guess.

they're both good fam

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Send me the bad squid idol amiibo, I will fill my home with a thousand gremlins

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Bad one? All squid and octo people are loved equally. :colbert:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

People who think this are dumb and should not be allowed to purchase the amiibos.

Like in order to buy it you should have to say "I think Pearl and Marina are both good".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Look I found the people who like the bad one.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

All amiibo deserve your love, set your friends free!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Goodwill doesn't accept trash

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There is no bad host.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If the amiibo is very ugly, I will split my 2 pack with a goon who wants ugly pearl.

It will probably be fresh as hell and I will keep them both.