Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Also lol I just remembered that I also breadcrumbed Jack of all Trades in my first post of the game:

first post breadcrumbs are good, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
that "jot" post is not tho

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
So this talk of bread crumbs got me thinking
Cause sometimes they can be really useful
Usually though they are useless
Myself, I would never do one

Honestly I see nothing won't with saying jot instead of joat
Unless you guys can think of a way to fit joat into a sentence
Not counting the lame "hey I'm a joat"
To be fair I think that would be funny
Exciting though it may be, it wouldn't be a very good crumb
Ridiculous claims and crumbs always make the game more fun though

:slick:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

So anyway who had the vig and why are we talking about it instead of pew pew from the hip ☠️🐣🥄

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

So why aren't you guys voting Kash also

Dude would be a good vig target bee tee dub

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

I mean between the other two, pmom and foo, I think I'd rather kill pmom but one of her votes is her self-vote so uh....

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

gently caress it actually, self votes are toxic burn in hell

##vote pmom
🥒

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I kinda want shoot dhaes for using capital letters

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think you should shoot someone soon or commit to not because I'm holding my vote for whatever flip comes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Dhaes posted:

I'm still pleased about my one in snes cartridge mafia where the game I chose was a game I happened to be LPing, breadcrumbed "Let's Play" in my first post and then posted my role in my LP thread.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Dhaes posted:

Phone posting! Like I said earlier, I'll be camping this week with my wife so posting will be sporadic, but I'm not going to abandon my children and will be here some.

Hmm, my phone autocorrect capitalization so that's new. These may be the first capital letters that I've ever posted. You should all feel honored. 👌

Can I post emoji? 🤗🍁❤️🎂

Reading comprehension you dildo 🐸

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

Reading comprehension you dildo 🐸

Oh I knew that but I still am very upset.

##kill PinMom

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

##kill PinMom

👌

##vote Kash

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:ghost: bless you :ghost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom, The Worm, Town Rolecop, was killed day three!

The day continues.

Votecount for Day 3

Captain Foo (2): Kashuno, Quidthulhu
Kashuno (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Dhaes, Dhaes, Dhaes

Not Voting (6): Captain Foo, CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, Retro Futurist, Yorkshire Tea

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 19 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ah heck

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

What was your reasoning boss?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

What was your reasoning boss?

The heart wants what the heart wants

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dhaes posted:

Man I love playing with you Dhaes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Did we ever resolve why CCKeane visited Gif and thought he was scum when he was actually town?

Because I'm not getting much out of the Pmom flip in terms of reads.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

There's a role that would have had Keane feeling like Probst was scum!

Still not the role Keane has. Still doubting his statement.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

LMAO what it Keane is a scum rolecop and was banking on having to roll with that if forced to claim and now Pmom flipped "TOWN Rolecop" and he's hosed. XD

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Quidthulhu posted:

Basically there's no way what he says follows now that rolecop is out the game unless he has an unconventional role.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

LMAO what it Keane is a scum rolecop and was banking on having to roll with that if forced to claim and now Pmom flipped "TOWN Rolecop" and he's hosed. XD

I'll mention my role when it's convenient. You're not going to get a bite out of me so please stop fishing.

Additionally, gif's role is more town than not???

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quid has attempted to fish my role more than do anything else all day. I don't like it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

I mean Party Host is very much a town role so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Also, really, this is Keane. You can't take anything seriously.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quid really, really wants to know more about my role, which I claim gave me (obviously mistaken) information I could use to surmise alignment:

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't see what sort of results Keane could have gotten to suggest Gif was scum.

-A cop result would have been town.
-A tracker result would have seen him going nowhere.
-A watcher result would have seen taste and YT visiting him...which wouldn't have made him think he was scum

....am I missing anything else?

Quidthulhu posted:

You could shoot Foo too, I think he's been pretty not helpful still!

Also I still don't like Keane's claim.

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Probst also totally lied about his role in the thread and claimed that weird info role for some reason, Keane could be a roleblocker (town?) and figured probst was lying since he didn't claim to have been blocked.

Or a million other things, there are always more roles out there, if you want to call keane scum do so for posting, not because you don't buy his claim yet

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

I know Keane's role

It's super buds 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probst also totally lied about his role in the thread and claimed that weird info role for some reason, Keane could be a roleblocker (town?) and figured probst was lying since he didn't claim to have been blocked.

Or a million other things, there are always more roles out there, if you want to call keane scum do so for posting, not because you don't buy his claim yet

There are lots of other things, but they're not things I'd be so cagey about mentioning as a town player. That's honestly what's making me as suspicious as I am.

I do actually see a situation where a town Keane would want to remain quiet though (after a little think about it) and would have made that mistake, but I'm laying fairly low odds on it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dhaes posted:

I know Keane's role

It's super buds 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

:420:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I want to know what you were doing because you got caught visiting a flipped town member and your response has been dodgy and unhelpful, which makes me believe you were doing something scum related. My not letting this slide is called "harping on a point."

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Yorkshire Tea posted:

There are lots of other things, but they're not things I'd be so cagey about mentioning as a town player. That's honestly what's making me as suspicious as I am.

I do actually see a situation where a town Keane would want to remain quiet though (after a little think about it) and would have made that mistake, but I'm laying fairly low odds on it.

Man some people just don't claim all willy nilly you silly billy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

I want to know what you were doing because you got caught visiting a flipped town member and your response has been dodgy and unhelpful, which makes me believe you were doing something scum related. My not letting this slide is called "harping on a point."

Orrrrrr you really want to know what the mechanic was that got me thinking the way I was thinking, and are looking for a way to subvert it~~~

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Every day I'm tunnelin' 🥒💦

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

OK SO WHAT IS IN THAT PICTURE IN PMOM FLIP IS THAT TAKING SINK WORMS CAUSE THAT'S RAD AS ALL HELL

I might even say neat-o 🌯 (that's a burrito)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

Me, knowing the reasoning: "I believe revealing my role is not useful to the town."

You, with less information: "I disagree! It is scummy!"

So what we have here is Quid attempting to force me to reveal my role (and, to be clear, he was dancing around coming out aggressively about it - he says "hmmm that's scummy" a lot but doesn't really push for it). This is scummy because if Quid is town, "I will not reveal my role" should either end the conversation or blow it up right then, without testing the waters so much. If Quid is scum, on the other hand, he can either force a reveal, or, potentially, lead an execution if he gets even support - support I believe he was feeling out with earlier posts about my role.

This is scummy.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Dhaes posted:

OK SO WHAT IS IN THAT PICTURE IN PMOM FLIP IS THAT TAKING SINK WORMS CAUSE THAT'S RAD AS ALL HELL

I might even say neat-o 🌯 (that's a burrito)

Keane this is of utmost importance number 1 priority i need input

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Since you're a logical player:

1.) Being quiet about roles can make it difficult for scum to properly address it. Let's say I had a one shot, and poof, it's gone? Well, now maybe scum will waste a roleblock on me. Or kill me! And get less utility from it.

2.) It's not always roles being weird, but roles can interact in weird ways and make things seem strange. Getting more information is useful here.

3.) Scum would be feeling a lot of anxiety about me now, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dhaes posted:

Keane this is of utmost importance number 1 priority i need input

I believe it's talking sink worms.

• Locked thread