Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

pixaal posted:

But the carts are extremely bitter to stop children from eating them

If it's anything like a dog, a baby will sometimes just eat/swallow a thing without that sort of consideration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i wonder what the splattim 2 cartridge will taste like

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i wonder what the splattim 2 cartridge will taste like

It should taste like gak for true 90s kid authenticity.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/884793951043149825

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

SeANMcBAY posted:

It should taste like gak for true 90s kid authenticity.

i wish i remembered what that tasted like :smith:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Other than load times are there any advantages to going digital?

This is mostly pointless but I didn't see it mentioned - you get like one sixth of the nintendo points for buying a cartridge game versus the digital version

e: I prefer the cartridge if I can get it from a local that's not EB Games. gently caress EB Games

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Overbite posted:

I have my switch next to my tv with my other consoles in another room about 10 feet from my router. Every console can easily pull down 40-50mbps over the wifi but my switch can barely connect to it and if it does only gets around 1mbps. I can get it to 14mbps if I place the switch directly on top of my router. I can't even connect to the eshop when it's docked. Restarting didn't fix anything and when I called Nintendo about it they claimed there was nothing wrong with the switch and that it was too close to my tv, I had connected too many devices to my router previously so my switch is getting less wifi juice even if it's the only device connected to it, and also the microwave that is on the other end of the house is doing something.

Edit: changing settings on my router doesn't fix it either.

DMZ your Switch and see if that helps any. Otherwise, either you got a dud or it doesn't like your router (apparently this is a thing with Nintendo.) The wifi module actually isn't bad; I pull full bandwidth (50-55Mbps) on mine.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Blazing Zero posted:

i wish i remembered what that tasted like :smith:

Like vomit and bleach.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bandaid.friend posted:

This is mostly pointless but I didn't see it mentioned - you get like one sixth of the nintendo points for buying a cartridge game versus the digital version

e: I prefer the cartridge if I can get it from a local that's not EB Games. gently caress EB Games
Do Nintendo Points(tm) even do anything at this exact moment in time?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do Nintendo Points(tm) even do anything at this exact moment in time?

Looks like the only useful purpose for gold points is discounts on (a very small number of) wii U and 3DS games. There's a 'coming soon' section for the switch in the my nintendo page so I guess there'll be discounts for digital switch games too

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 11, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bandaid.friend posted:

Looks like the only useful purpose is discounts on wii U and 3DS games. There's a 'coming soon' section for the switch in the my nintendo page so I guess there'll be discounts for digital switch games too

The first Switch reward is going to be exclusive clothes for Splatoon 2.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Note: Painting walls doesn't improve your score, only painting floors. Painting walls is needed for area control and mobility however. If you go around painting walls you won't be getting points.

Is that true? I've been doing it wrong all this time!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

bilperkins2 posted:

Is that true? I've been doing it wrong all this time!

Yep! Pretty sure it tells you in game at some point during the first one early on.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

why doesn't splatoon have an option to invert the motion controls

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

SeANMcBAY posted:

The first Switch reward is going to be exclusive clothes for Splatoon 2.

argh character dressup, my weakness

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hold your controller upside down

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

So you'll learn to use regular controls like a normal person

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Have you considered suspending yourself upside-down from the ceiling like a bat

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

With switching out carts, for me it's less about laziness and more the fear that every time I open the cartridge slot I'm going to snap that cover off

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

With switching out carts, for me it's less about laziness and more the fear that every time I open the cartridge slot I'm going to snap that cover off

You won't, dude.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

And if it does snap off, that just makes it easier to change games.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Imagined posted:

I went digital because I have a 4 year old and those loving carts are itty bitty. Physical isn't cheaper if I have to buy it again.

Dig through poop and rinse it off and it will work fine, don't ask me how I know.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's less about them being eaten and more about them getting lost

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Who loses things as an adult?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

presumably their 4 year old is not an adult, tim

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Phantasium posted:

presumably their 4 year old is not an adult, tim

my bad, misread!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Considering how much you could get for a used Wii U and games when the switch came out I wanna give physical a go and see if I can get the next console paid for with my old one. Digital is real good though.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I was able to order a switch bundle on Walmart's website on the 6th, and paid for it at a nearby store, and it soon after went to processing, but despite being originally projected to arrive at the store today, it still hasn't left processing. I hit up customer service and they said the item will be back in stock within ten days, do any of you guys have experience with this and is this something I should be patient about, or should I cancel the order and try to find it somewhere else? I'm worried that ten days will just go by with nothing, or something like that.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Bloop posted:

So apparently Nintendo just trademarked some stuff

No idea what it's for yet precisely.

Less loving lovely mcdonald's wifi for redeeming pokepersons.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hopefully you can just spoof the checkins cuz gently caress leaving my house

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'd be okay with bringing your console or amiibo to a huge Mario statue and getting stuff.

As long as it's not in loving amusement parks or something, just put them in a Best Buy or a store.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Norns posted:

Hopefully you can just spoof the checkins cuz gently caress leaving my house

Oh, it will eventually happen, it's nintendo we are talking about.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Beastie posted:

I'd be okay with bringing your console or amiibo to a huge Mario statue and getting stuff.

As long as it's not in loving amusement parks or something, just put them in a Best Buy or a store.

Don't worry, even at Best Buy kids will point at you and ask mommy why the old man is carrying a Zero Suit Peach Amiibo around.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

limaCAT posted:

Don't worry, even at Best Buy kids will point at you and ask mommy why the old man is carrying a Zero Suit Peach Amiibo around.

That kid is just jealous because he doesn't have a Switch. And then I can verbally slap them down and pick up their mom.

Switch is good.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The upside of the shortages in the US is that you can be pretty sure any Switch you buy now will have the fix for the joycon connection issue. Here they have been consistently in stock for a long time, so I am not as sure.

Still holding out for a game that is a bit more must-have to me (Skyrim may be it, as I haven't played it before, and it seems perfect on the perfect considering perfect perfect perfect).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The upside of the shortages in the US is that you can be pretty sure any Switch you buy now will have the fix for the joycon connection issue. Here they have been consistently in stock for a long time, so I am not as sure.

Still holding out for a game that is a bit more must-have to me (Skyrim may be it, as I haven't played it before, and it seems perfect on the perfect considering perfect perfect perfect).

How can you tell? I bought mine in June and it hasn't given me any trouble but I don't know For sure :ohdear:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

limaCAT posted:

I just googled Zero Suit Peach and wish I hadn't.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Everyone should play Zelda, including you. Go get Zelda & Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Invalid Validation posted:

Considering how much you could get for a used Wii U and games when the switch came out I wanna give physical a go and see if I can get the next console paid for with my old one. Digital is real good though.

Probably a good amount. Nintendo stuff always resells for a lot. You can game pretty cheap if you're smart about things.:yoshi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

I got to the nowinstock google groups alert within 3 minutes and the new stock was still already sold out. This is ridiculous.

• Locked thread