Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Niwrad posted:

So is there any clue to what the big Kurt Angle secret is because if it's an angle with Stephanie and HHH I'll laugh my rear end off.

Prepare them yuks then, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I randomly ran across this 411mania article from May:

quote:

Smackdown writer Ryan Ward put forth the idea for Rusev to win the Money in the Bank contract, which the creative team agreed with. However, plans then changed to have Rusev fight for the WWE title at the event instead. The report indicates that Rusev is still slated to challenge the WWE champion for the title at the event, despite being Ryan Ward’s first choice to win the Money in the Bank match.

Ryan Ward was always good.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I thought it was funny on the PPV when The Hardys said they were gonna break BALLS and then it cuts to the interviewer who seemed to not be all that enthused or moved by that stirring promo. I thought it was great stuff.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 12, 2017

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I thought they said break bars since Sheamsaro are the bar.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Speaking of, his 24 special was great

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Strawberry Panda posted:

I thought they said break bars since Sheamsaro are the bar.

It turns out you are correct, well this changes things. Broken-ish Matt Hardy is great by the way.

I'm not gonna turn my back...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZqawNmtMUw

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 12, 2017

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Angle's secret is that he knows Dixie bought Raw, which is why the McMahons haven't been around lately, that he's having an affair with Dixie, and that he knows he can’t beat me, and he’s not even gonna try.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sono posted:

Angle's secret is that he knows Dixie bought Raw, which is why the McMahons haven't been around lately, that he's having an affair with Dixie, and that he knows he can’t beat me, and he’s not even gonna try.

SEE NORMALLY WHEN YOU DO AN ANGLE YOUR CHANCES OF IT GETTING OVER WITH THE AUDIENCE ARE 50/50 BUT KURT ANGLE KNOWS THAT DIXIE CARTER IS RATINGS POISON...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not really supposed to say it but given Aries's history with his forum I'll say it. There's been a lot of back and forth between the news websites about whether WWE released him or Aries asked his release or even if was this in between situation. A big reason for this is that Aries is trying really hard to push the idea to the media he asked.

The reality he was fired. And in a rare move he wasn't hired by a talent relations fall guy he was fired by Triple H himself.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

What did he do to get himself fired? Revenge for having the best mania match?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd say that means he's not coming back but he's 39, he's not going to be in the business much longer in general realistically

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

should i watch smackdown tonight?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

dromal phrenia posted:

yes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

What did he do to get himself fired? Revenge for having the best mania match?

I really don't know. What has been reported is likely true and he's an arrogant rear end in a top hat.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
https://twitter.com/mikethemiz/status/884826222689083392

I want this Twitter spat to last forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

hello my twenties

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

fiiiiiiine

aries could have been fired for:

sexually harassing a woman
or
spouting conspiracy theories about sensitive events
or
generally being an insufferable rear end in a top hat

are there any other character traits i dont know about ol' double-A?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
is smackdown on yet

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

^ I appreciate that Lynchian reference there!

rovert posted:

I really don't know. What has been reported is likely true and he's an arrogant rear end in a top hat.

I stood in the bathroom with Austin Aries once at an ROH show. I like to tell this tale whenever I can. They had to change in there I guess, was at a college gymnasium. Welp that's my story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is a thing of beauty

As is this :)

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does Meltz or whoever have insight as to why they're booking the Cena vs. Rusev flag match at Battleground? It's such an odd match to build up to in 2017. Is Cena just considered to be in the "special attraction" point of his career where they can dump him in a token match to pop views/buyrates?

Like, the TV main event on July 4th was the perfect spot for this. Really weird to drag it out unless Cena's gonna be gone for a while again and they just don't wanna involve him in anything of upper-card consequence.

Heavy Metal posted:

I stood in the bathroom with Austin Aries once at an ROH show. I like to tell this tale whenever I can. They had to change in there I guess, was at a college gymnasium. Welp that's my story.
I peed next to Jimmy Snucka at a low-rent Indy show in 2007, hello wrestlepiss brother

Minidust fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 12, 2017

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
gently caress enzo is going to eventually take the title from neville, isn't he?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

THe way cass looks and the way he speaks kind of remind me of edge

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

rovert posted:

Not really supposed to say it but given Aries's history with his forum I'll say it. There's been a lot of back and forth between the news websites about whether WWE released him or Aries asked his release or even if was this in between situation. A big reason for this is that Aries is trying really hard to push the idea to the media he asked.

The reality he was fired. And in a rare move he wasn't hired by a talent relations fall guy he was fired by Triple H himself.

Very into this new gimmick of just coming right out and saying stuff, rather than vague references

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Minidust posted:

Does Meltz or whoever have insight as to why they're booking the Cena vs. Rusev flag match at Battleground? It's such an odd match to build up to in 2017. Is Cena just considered to be in the "special attraction" point of his career where they can dump him in a token match to pop views/buyrates?

Like, the TV main event on July 4th was the perfect spot for this. Really weird to drag it out unless Cena's gonna be gone for a while again and they just don't wanna involve him in anything of upper-card consequence.
I peed next to Jimmy Snucka at a low-rent Indy show in 2007, hello wrestlepiss brother

Rusev beating Cena without Cena being pinned or submitted I guess.

But I don't think Cena is losing as he's set to wrestle Jinder at Summerslam.

So yeah a bit odd.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kinda crazy that HHH specifically fired him. By the sounds of things everybody on both sides were miserable with him being there. It's a shame because I think Aries is crazy talented and should have beaten Neville for the title, but even if he couldn't wrestle he would have been good just as the commentary guy on 205 Live.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't think it has anything to do with Aries but Lio Rush is thought to be headed to 205 Live directly. Dislike it as he's super immature and sure to get heat/fired and he's a terrible promo. Like it as 205 Live really needs a fresh face and NXT didn't know what to do with Rich Swann prior to the CWC.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

I don't think it has anything to do with Aries but Lio Rush is thought to be headed to 205 Live directly. Dislike it as he's super immature and sure to get heat/fired and he's a terrible promo. Like it as 205 Live really needs a fresh face and NXT didn't know what to do with Rich Swann prior to the CWC.
Eh he's 22 so if it doesn't work out he can just go back to the indies to get more mature; that or more indy guys should go to the Fed young to realize that the place they always dreamed of going is not as nice as they thought it was and decide to stay with the Indies and Japan to lead to WWE's eventual destruction :unsmigghh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Like it as 205 Live really needs a fresh face

Hopefully he doesn't fall down the Gran Metalik hole

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

more indy guys should go to the Fed young to realize that the place they always dreamed of going is not as nice as they thought it was and decide to stay with the Indies and Japan to lead to WWE's eventual destruction :unsmigghh:

This is absolutely happening with Lio and Ricochet

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Why is Dean Ambrose being distrustful of Seth Rollins? I mean sure seth betrayed him and threw him off a cell and smashed his head with cinderblocks and I think he and Kane teased setting him on fire once? But that should all be water under the bridge now. Doesn't Dean know that all faces are friends with each other?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dean/Miz advertised for the Australia tour

In September

Codependent Poster posted:

Ambrose and the Miz have been feuding almost nonstop since November.

http://profightdb.com/wrestler_search/dean-ambrose-3069.html?opp=412

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's weird that Aries couldn't bite his tongue and just stick through it. At his age he's only got a few years left and he was good enough on commentary that he could have probably gotten himself into a position to do that kind of work for the company long term.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

Doesn't Dean know that all faces are friends with each other?

Dean has yet to find out that he turned face with The Shield some years ago.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chris James 2 posted:

In September

I wonder if Dean and Miz or Kofi and Dolph have had more matches

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Niwrad posted:

It's weird that Aries couldn't bite his tongue and just stick through it. At his age he's only got a few years left and he was good enough on commentary that he could have probably gotten himself into a position to do that kind of work for the company long term.

Not really weird. The older you get the lower your capacity for bullshit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if Dean and Miz or Kofi and Dolph have had more matches

Not even close. Kofi/Dolph had 27 televised singles matches total as of this point (per ProFightDB). I don't even think Orton/Cena has been run into the ground that much (ed: update it hasn't, only 22)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Not even close. Kofi/Dolph had 27 televised singles matches total as of this point (per ProFightDB). I don't even think Orton/Cena has been run into the ground that much (ed: update it hasn't, only 22)

What about Sheamus/Del Rio

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

What about Sheamus/Del Rio

http://profightdb.com/wrestler_search/sheamus-5000.html?opp=2883 14, it was just all mostly back to back to back (half of those were PPVs in one year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

In September

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXXSRVSQeTw&t=19s

• Locked thread