Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I can't decide whether it's more likely someone inside or outside the hospital will die.

...does the surveillance camera count as discovering a body or do you have to be there in person? Because I can totally see someone broadcasting to a bunch of people and then turning off the broadcast before the viewers work out where the body actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Glazius posted:

I can't decide whether it's more likely someone inside or outside the hospital will die.

...does the surveillance camera count as discovering a body or do you have to be there in person? Because I can totally see someone broadcasting to a bunch of people and then turning off the broadcast before the viewers work out where the body actually is.

In the last case, Monokuma said that the body discovery announcement was flexible, so I assume that the answer is "whatever gives the students more despair". Though, since he usually let's the plans of the killer play out as long as they stay within the rules, I would assume that in your scenario, he would say that seeing it though the surveillance camera counts as discovering it.

Although, since the surveillance cameras can only send short range feeds, I can't imagine that it would be that hard to find the body.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!

: I'm worried about Mikan and the others...I should hurry over to the hospital.

The moment I got out of bed, I immediately left my cottage and headed over to the hospital.

: Yo, you came early today.
: ...You're the one who's early.
: Well, I just got here... So what should we do? There's still a little time before we need to make contact. Wanna go to Nagito's room and check up on him?
: Yeah...I'm worried about how he's doing.

Worry...why do I have to worry about a guy like him...?

: ...

Still...

: Before we check on Nagito, let's see how Ibuki and Akane are doing.

: Good morning! I am truly honored by you stopping by to see how I am doing today as well!
: Oh...really...
: As a token of my gratitude...I really want to sing you a song... However, this is a hospital so I must be quiet!
: If and when I am discharged, permit me to sing to you as a token of my gratitude!

The old Ibuki wouldn't have cared at all and just started singing... I really don't know how to react.

: These guys aren't as bad as Nagito, but it doesn't seem like they're recovering either...

: Waaaaaaaaaaah... The hospital's scary...I was so scared I couldn't sleep... *Sob*...*sob*...How much longer do I have to stay here...?
: Um...well...

Is there any cure for this...? Monokuma's the one who set this up, that's all the reason we need to cure it...

: Let's see how Nagito's doing.

: ...Mikan, how's Nagito doing?
: Same as usual...no, actually, he might be worse than yesterday.
: Tch, are you loving serious...!?

: His pulse is extremely weak... He might...slip into critical condition sometime today.
: I-Is he...that sick...?
: But...as long as I'm his nurse...I will never let Nagito die.
: ...Ever.
: I do understand how you feel but...don't overexert yourself, okay?

: Hey Hajime...it's almost time to start the connection. We need to head over to the lobby...
: Yeah, got it...

After being reminded of how powerless I am, I left Nagito's room.

...The incoming signal light is blinking.

: Looks like they're already waiting. Let's hurry up and start the connection.
: ...Yeah, you're right.

I pressed the button underneath the blinking light, and the monitor instantly lit up. Looks like...the camera and the monitor had no problem making a connection.

Soon enough, a familiar face showed up on the other side of the monitor.

: "Hellooooo!? How is it? Can you see my handsome face?"
: Yeah, I can see you real clear.
: "We're good on our end too. I can totally see your broke-rear end faces."

It might be best if I tell the others...about Nagito's condition.

: ...Hey, are you the only one over there?

: "Nope...we're all here except for Hiyoko."
: What happened to...Hiyoko?
: "Kehehe... It seems we all look like aberrant enemies in the eyes of that coward..."
: "She...has locked herself in her room. She said from the other side of the door that she won't come out until the Despair Disease has been cured..."

She's...even being cautious around the others in the motel, huh... Looks like...they're also in a testy situation.

: "So how about you? How are you guys doing?"
: Yeah, about that... To tell you the truth, Nagito's actually in serious danger--
: "I already know he's seriously dangerous!"
: No...not that... He's seriously wandering the border between life and death.
: "...What did you say?"

: "But...he is going to be okay, right? Nagito is going to get better?"
: "First Nekomaru, then Nagito... That ain't funny at all...!"
: Well...for now, we really can't say.

: "You really can't say...? That's impossible!"
: Monomi! Why are you on that side!?
: "Cuz...it'd be dangerous if I got close to the hospital, since I don't even know what's going on there..."
: You...are really pissing me off.
: Like, why does a stupid stuffed animal need to be cautious about a disease!?
: "P-Please don't discriminate!"

: "That Despair Disease is horrible... It's a dangerous disease that can even destroy this island. So...until we figure out how to deal with it...I will be on this side..."

*Blip*

Before I could respond to Monomi, Fuyuhiko had cut the connection.

: That lovely stuffed animal! She seriously pissed me off!
: Argh, dammit...I'm going outside to cool off. *leaves*

Fuyuhiko practically spat those words before he went outside.

Anyway...all we can do now is wait... Just wait patiently...until the situation improves...and changes for the better.

Music fades out.

That's why...we waited patiently. Because waiting patiently was the only thing we could do...we waited patiently.

On a side note...why can't I relax when I'm in a hospital? I paced back and forth around the hospital lobby... Fuyuhiko entered and left the hospital many times...

And time just kept passing by...

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... It is now 10:00 p.m. Please return to your rooms and relax. Let the sound of the ocean gently rock you to sleep. Now then, sweet dreams everyone. Good niiiiight...

: It feels like...a lot of stuff got skipped over and now it's nighttime already...
: It's almost time...for tonight's transmission...
: We should go back to our cottages when that's done. It's fuckin' annoying to keep going back and forth, though...
: But...before we go back, can we check on Nagito one more time?
: Go for it. Leave this transmission thing to me.
: They're not gonna have a new clue anyway. I can handle this.
: Then...I'll leave it to you.

: The lighting in here makes everything so creepy.

: Whoa! Ibuki!?
: Wh-What are you doing here? You...need to be resting!
: To tell you the truth, I have been getting quite bored doing nothing but sleeping. Also...it would just trouble you if I slept all the time, so I was hoping I can help you with anything... But it's better if I am sleeping, correct!?
: Yeah, just get some rest for now... It'd be a big help if you got better soon...
: Yes! Understood! *leaves*

That's...kind of scary... I hope she gets better real soon...

: Because I was curious...

: Just as you ordered, I am getting proper rest, so please do not worry!

: And while we're here...

: *Sob...*hic*...It's nighttime again... It's so dark...I'm so scared...I'm gonna get eaten by ghosts... Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

Usually...she'd be more like "I'll beat the crap outta ghosts!" Akane acting like this...just isn't Akane.

Mikan's too focused on caring for Nagito, she hasn't even noticed that I entered the room... Has she...been caring for him this whole time?

: Hey Mikan...
: Heeeey...Mikan.

No matter how many times I talk to her, she's not responding... Her back is turned toward me as she focused on caring for Nagito. I peeked over Mikan's shoulder and said...

: Hey Mikan...are you okay?

: Hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
: ...Looks like you finally noticed.
: Gaaaah! Please don't surprise me! I almost got wet!

...Wet?

: Ah...did you come by to check on Nagito?
: I just wanted to see how he's doing...but you look pretty tired too. Isn't it better if you get a little rest?

: U-Um...I hope...I'm not mistaken...that'd be really embarrassing... A-Are you, by chance...worried about me?
: Y-Yeah...pretty much...
: Oooh...thank you very much! I'll remember this moment until the day I die!
: Hehe...I'm starting to get my energy back, so I'll get back to taking care of Nagito.

I hope...she understood what I said. But she's working so hard, it'd be bad if I kept getting in her way... That's exactly how I felt...so I decided to just shut up and go back to the lobby.

: ...Yo, how's Nagito doing?
: I'm more worried about Mikan than Nagito... She looks like she's had no time to rest...
: Nagito's probably not doing so well...
: What about you? Are you guys done with the transmission?

: As I expected...we wrapped it up quickly, like they had nothing new to report... They're apparently trying to find a cure somehow, but there hasn't been any progress.
: So on both our ends...it looks like we had no results.
: ...Oh well. Let's look forward to tomorrow.

With a depressingly heavy mood riding on our backs, we headed back to our cottages.

: ...*Sigh*...

My worries have piled so high that one sigh just isn't enough. And...the more I think about it, it's like I'm slowly being sucked deeper and deeper into an endless pit...

: I guess for today...I should just go to sleep. It's best if I not dwell on it too much... And not just that...first thing in the morning I need to go to the hospital again.

I kept telling myself that as I sighed one last time...and slowly closed my eyes.

... ...

Out of the blue...a hazy scene began to take shape.

From the depths of my consciousness, it slowly took its shape... Hazily... Like watercolor paints suspended in water...

Slowly...hazily...

There was...a classroom from somewhere. A classroom that I've seen before.

But...I don't know where.

I can hear voices. Somebody's talking.

: "...Did you hear? Isn't it amazing? Apparently he's been accepted into Hope's Peak Academy..."
: "But was he *that* exceptional?"

Those are "noises."

I'm dully staring out the window. Pretending not to listen.

I don't want to listen. But even if I don't want to listen, the "noises" leap into my ears.

: "Huh? You don't know?"
: "...Heh? Know what?"
: "Apparently you don't have to be exceptional to get into Hope's Peak Academy..."
: "But...it's an academy that recruits only exceptional students from around the world, right?"

I wanted to cover my ears.

I wanted to run. To the place I deserve to be.

Not here.

To the place...where I can be more confident.

: "Wow...I never knew that way was possible...So he's the same too?"
: "...Obviously. I mean, he doesn't have any special talents that Hope's Peak Academy would be interested in... He's...just a normal guy who can be found anywhere."
: "Well, admiring the academy is free, but it must be tough for the parents who have to write the check."

Leave me alone...

I just...

I just want to become someone who's confident in myself.

...What is this, anyway? Who are they talking about?

Why can't I remember?

...Who am I?

: Did you know that talking about a personal failure is a good way to break the ice when meeting new people? Sooooo I'm gonna tell you my story of personal failure.
: In the wild world I live in, popularity is a symbol of power. That's why I decided to write a fake love letter to myself, so I could brag about it to others. I was bragging about it to my friend, but unfortunately all I had was an envelope. When my friend wanted me to show him the unwritten letter, I was in a real bind... So I showed him a blank piece of paper and said this: "This letter was written with special ink! Only those chosen by God can see it!" Puhuhu... When I said that, he was all, "That love letter is brimming with passion!" However...things started looking bad at that point. The other people around us started praising him because they thought he really could read the letter. That's when he started hogging everyone's attention as a divine messenger of God... And eventually he was worshipped by society! Now...he uses his followers to sell shady vases for a quick buck. Thanks to my big mouth, he became a multimillionaire! How regretful! What an epic fail! That was my story of personal failure. What did you think of it? Is the ice broken?
: Since you listened to me...wanna buy this vase? It's in pretty high demand...but I'll give you a deal on it cuz I like you so much!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I guess Free Time really wouldn't mean a lot today, unless you wanted to spend it with the yakuza.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I have a good feeling about tomorrow!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Very curious indeed with that dream.

Random theory time, maybe this "Despair Disease" is less a disease, and people reverting back to how they really were prior to being taken to the island? There's really no telling how their brains were scrambled prior to coming here.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Apparently our protagonist has gotten to the point where he trusts Fuyuhiko's word on what the radio conversation was about? That's crazy, I think Hajime might be getting sick as well.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

Apparently our protagonist has gotten to the point where he trusts Fuyuhiko's word on what the radio conversation was about? That's crazy, I think Hajime might be getting sick as well.

To be fair, he's started to change since the last trial. Still a bit odd considering Hinata's notably cautious towards the start of the game, but it's something.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

No Music.

Hmm... It's morning...huh...

But...for some reason... My body's heavy... No, not just heavy...it's somewhat soft and...really hot...

Wait a minute...!

: I-I can't believe it!
: Hee-hee, ngh...! N-No, stop...you're tickling me...!
: Urgh...Mikan...again...!? H-Hurry...up...and move... I...I...I can't breathe...!
: Mmm...you've stopped moving...zzz...now I can finally relax and sleep... ...Wait, huh?

: Hyaaaaaaaaaaah! Cyanosis agaaaaaain!
: Ha-wa-wa! Hajime's gone limp! Waaah! Please get ahold of yourself!
: ...Ugh...urgh...
: Ah, he regained consciousness!?

: Oh...I'm so glad... I thought you died from suffocation...
: M-Mikan...why are you...why are you here...? The Monokuma Announcement...hasn't aired yet...
: Huhhh...now that you mention it...
: Ha-wa-wa! I came here to wake you up, but it seems like I accidentally fell asleep!

Wh-What kind of accident is that...!?

: But good news... Y-You see...Nagito's condition has stabilized.
: R-Really!?
: And...I rushed over to let you guys know, but Fuyuhiko's room was locked so...
: Oh yeah...my lock is still broken. Thanks Ibuki...
: A-Anyway, please hurry over! Nagito can probably still be saved!
: Y-Yeah...got it.

I quickly got dressed and headed over to the hospital with Mikan. Although I did wonder why it was necessary to be so pumped up for someone like Nagito...

...Oh well, best not to think about it.

: Nagito is in his patient room. Please hurry and see how he's doing.

There I saw Nagito, who managed to sit up in his bed.

: Nagito! Can you hear me? Hajime came by to see how you were doing!
: ...The Twin Ibukis are singing... I see...Ibuki must've been a twin duo...
: ...The Veronicas!
: ...Is he supposed to be cured?

: I-It's not like he's completely cured. He was just able to recover from his critical condition...
: They were utilizing their characteristics as twins and they've been taking turns appearing before me... Which means...there are actually 17 people on this island.
: The Veronicas...that's the answer!

Hmmm...after seeing this, it might've been better if he stayed quiet for just a little bit longer.

: Heee...but I'm so glad. I'm so relieved Nagito regained consciousness.
: Waaaaaaah...! I'm sooooo glaaaaad...!

: Ah, I feel dizzy. Somehow...everything is spinning around me.
: Shouldn't you...get some rest already? You should be exhausted from nursing without any sleep, right?
: Then, if you insist, I will use the on-call room upstairs... You must be mentally exhausted, so it's better if you relax in the lobby instead.
: Yeah...I'll do that.
: Then...even though it's the morning, good night... *leaves*

Mikan wobbled around a bit, then left the room. She's definitely exhausted... Well, it's understandable. I mean, she fell asleep when she was supposed to come wake me up.

: All alone with Hajime, huh... I can't stand being in the same room as you.
: Don't worry, I'm leaving. You should focus on curing that crappy disease of yours.
: Yeah, hurry up and go away. I don't want to see your face anymore.

The morning Monokuma Announcement should be starting soon. I should wait at the lobby for the transmission...

: Huh...?

The surveillance camera unit's light is blinking... But that's weird... It's not transmission time yet...

If the light is blinking...it received some sort of transmission from the other side, right?

: But that's pretty early. We haven't even received the Monokuma Announcement yet...

It might be something urgent, though. If so, there's no way I can make them wait until Fuyuhiko gets here...

: ...All right, even if it's just me, I should receive the transmission.

I reached out my hand and pressed the reception button on the surveillance camera unit.

: ...Huh?

Upon first glance...I immediately knew it wasn't a normal video.

A slowly swaying, dim light is shining on the black curtains. It felt like some sort of ritual was about to begin.

: ...Is this light from a candle?

But what was creepiest of all was the rope hanging from the ceiling. The end of the top was tied in a loop... And beneath it, there was a stepladder...

It was like...a gallows.

: Wh-What is this...?

I didn't understand at all. What's going on at the music venue...?

Music cuts out.

And that's when it happened.

: ...!

The moment I saw a silhouette slowly entering the frame from the side of the screen... Chills ran down my spine, as if someone was dragging ice on me.

A person wearing a hospital gown and a hemp bag on their head...

: What the...!?

As I raised my voice in surprise, the person in the hospital gown slowly started moving...

...and began climbing the stepladder.

Slowly...slowly...they took their time climbing it.

They reached over to the rope hanging from the ceiling...

: A-Are you kidding me!?

And at that moment...!

Music cuts out.

: Huh!?

The screen suddenly went pitch black...probably because the candle, the only source of light, had gone out.

: H-Hey!

No matter what I said...there was no response from the darkness on the other end of the monitor.

: What the heck is this!? What's going on!?

Wh-What...in the world is going on...?

No, it doesn't matter! I...have to do something about this!

: I might still be able to make it! I need to hurry over to the music venue!

I rushed out of the hospital and ran over to the music venue where the transmission was made.

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!

Just now...that was the morning Monokuma Announcement...! Fuyuhiko should be arriving here shortly...

No, I don't have time to wait for him...!

: ...I've gotta get to the music venue!

: ...Please! Please let me make it!

I rushed into the music venue with a prayer in my heart.

Music fades out.

But...I completely forgot...

Prayer...means nothing on this island.

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Mikan: Continues to be absolutely terrible. Bodies: Continue to show up.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Ibuki :cry:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Welp, somebody told her she should kill herself, and she did.

Come to think of it, this could be a complete accident. Somebody could have gotten stressed and spoke sarcastically without thinking.

Double Punctuation fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 12, 2017

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Ibuki. :(

This would've been a really easy one for the killer, and there was plenty of set up with the way her disease worked. I kind of failed to put two and two together there but it feels like it should have been anyone's guess.

I won't even try to speculate on who the killer is at this point until we investigate a little.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Double Punctuation posted:

Come to think of it, this could be a complete accident. Somebody could have gotten stressed and spoke sarcastically without thinking.

Did they tell her to broadcast it, too?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

curiousCat posted:

Did they tell her to broadcast it, too?

Maybe it was just her natural showmanship? But probably not...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FPzero posted:

: Don't worry, I'm leaving. You should focus on curing that crappy disease of yours.

:smith: Hajime already forgot Nagito had Liar's Disease!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Pash posted:

Maybe it was just her natural showmanship? But probably not...

You'd think if it was showmanship she'd have shown her face.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Double Punctuation posted:

Welp, somebody told her she should kill herself, and she did.

Or someone who says the opposite of what they mean, like Nagito?

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

Well Nagito definitely saw something, but getting anything useful out of him could be tricky.

The video definitely seems fishy, especially with it cutting off before anything really happens. Maybe it was pre-recorded by the killer, and set up to play whenever someone in the hospital turned on the camera to ensure that someone witnessed the "suicide," but that's just wild speculation. I'm suspecting Kazuichi, because he set up the cameras and cause he feels like a real nothing character to me at this stage. Although, to be fair, I felt the same way about psychic dude in the first game and he managed to go the distance.

FPzero posted:

Just smooch already

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goodbye, best character :(

Discomusic
Aug 8, 2016
What if you try to go to Ibuki's room before going to Nagito's?

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Discomusic posted:

What if you try to go to Ibuki's room before going to Nagito's?

You can't. Hajime or Mikan (I can't remember which) will remind you that Nagito is your first priority, and you can't go anywhere but there.

LonelyMudkip posted:

Just smooch already

If you talk to Nagito again before you leave, he just repeats that he wants you gone, but he's smiling.

Discomusic
Aug 8, 2016

dancingbears posted:

You can't. Hajime or Mikan (I can't remember which) will remind you that Nagito is your first priority, and you can't go anywhere but there.

Yeah, I imagined something like that. Thanks!

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

dancingbears posted:

If you talk to Nagito again before you leave, he just repeats that he wants you gone, but he's smiling.

:unsmith:

Yeah ibuki is my favourite character too.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

give head or get dead posted:

:unsmith:

Yeah ibuki is my favourite character too.

Was

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

dancingbears posted:

Specifically, checking either Akane or Ibuki's room will result in Mikan saying that they're both still sleeping because the Monokuma Announcement hasn't played yet, so it would be bad to wake them.

dancingbears posted:

Poor guy. (kinda)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Awww he likes our protagonist.

Which might not be such a great thing for our hero.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Hmm... I honestly hope that Liar's Disease is a truth bullet at least, since at the moment, Nagito is still saying everything the opposite of what he want to say.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LonelyMudkip posted:

Maybe it was pre-recorded by the killer, and set up to play whenever someone in the hospital turned on the camera to ensure that someone witnessed the "suicide," but that's just wild speculation.

If we're speculating, I think it was "performed live" from a room in the hospital set up to look like the stage, using that cloth we saw in the other room earlier.

e: found it

FPzero posted:

: First, there's a conference room.

: Hm...this room is...

There's a lot of chairs and desks here. I guess it's sort of like a conference room...

: The conference room has a few objects we can examine.

It's a folding desk. They probably arranged these inside the conference room during meetings.

: There's another Hidden Monokuma in here but I didn't spot it while playing. It's already hard to see when it's daytime and nighttime makes it even harder. Try finding it for yourself. If you can't see it now, I get it later on.

It's a really big window... The room looks more spacious thanks to that.

It's a projector. Well, it's not strange for it to be in a conference room, after all.

: It's a big curtain.

A big, black curtain inside a hospital... It doesn't really seem like it belongs... Is that because...this is a conference room?

That thing hanging from the left wall resembles the surveillance unit too.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 12, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I really wonder what the disease would do to Hajime, he's mostly neutral on everything so maybe it would do something abstract like making someone else the main character while he's sick or something. Anyway I'm sad Ibuki is gone, she was my favorite character in this but at least there are still a few that I like left.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: I...was too late...?

: Wh-What the hell is this!?

In the hot air inside the music venue, I couldn't keep myself from shouting...

: ...Hot air? Why...is it so hot? What is this strange hot air inside the music venue...
:...No, now's not the time to worry about that! More importantly, why isn't anybody coming!? What is everyone doing!?
: ...Ah, the body discovery announcement?

That's right...there hasn't been an announcement yet... That's why nobody's noticed yet...

: Th-Then I need to hurry...and let the others know!

From here, the motel is close by. There should be a lot of able-bodied people who can help me there.

: ...I-I should hurry!

I ran to the motel as fast as I could, trying desperately not to trip over my own feet.

: Hey! Somebody get out here!

As soon as I arrived at the motel, I started shouting for help as loud as I could.

: I was wondering who was making such infernal racket...so it was you.
: G-Gundham...something awful has happened...!
: Don't tell me... Do you intend to spread the pathogenic bacteria so you can take us all down with you!?
: I won't let youuuuu! If you want to pass, you must defeat me first!

: What happened? Is there a problem? Fighting is not allowed!
: It's worse than trouble... There's a body...!
: ...Huh?

Music cuts out.

: Didn't you hear me!? A body was found!
: B-B-B-Body...

: Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
: Could it be... Do you intend to spread lies, like Nagito, in order to confuse us all?
: ...Hold on.

: ...Hajime, is that true?
: O-Of course it is! Isn't it obvious!?
: Chiaki, you have seen Nagito's condition, yes? This fiend just has the same symptoms as him.
: ...But there's no way we shouldn't check it out. Cuz, if Hajime is telling the truth...

: That means...it happened again, right?
: A k-killing!?
: If that's true...we need to check it out.

: If that is the case...I will not stop you.
: Leave this place to me...and you fiends go on ahead!
: Hmph, no need to worry... I will catch up with you easily...
: Th-That sounds like...famous last words...
: ...Chiaki, can you go?
: Yeah, it's better if we hurry, right?

: Hmph, no need to worry... Who do you think I am?
: No matter the trap...it is mere child's play compared to me. I shall destroy any and all traps!

: B-But is it really true? You know...um...a b-b-b...
: Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Just saying it out loud is horrifying!
: ...You seriously are a loud one. Your presence alone ruins tense situations.
: My presence ruins tense situations? That sounds like an important problem... How long have I been making that mistake...?

: ...Ever since your character was formed!
: That goes for you too!
: Kehehe... You certainly talk big now...

Do these guys...get along...?

: Ah, Hajime!
: Mikan...? Why are you here!?
: Perfect timing! Please help us, Hajime!
: H-Help us...?
: Ah, Hajime. Someone's coming from over there.

: Hajime and Chiaki...? What...are you guys doing here?
: Fuyuhiko...why are you here too!?
: Isn't it obvious? I'm looking for Ibuki!
: Looking...for Ibuki...?

: Um...I was planning to rest in the on-call room...but I wanted to check on everyone before I did that... A-And...Ibuki's missing from the hospital all of a sudden...
: ...Huh!?
: So what Hajime was saying earlier...
: Everyone...let's hurry...

: ...Hm? Hurry where?
: To the music venue! Don't ask, just follow me!
: ...Music venue?
: I-Is Ibuki going to be there?

: M-My wound hasn't completely healed yet... Don't make me...run too much...
: Is Ibuki inside here?

The only way to know is to go inside...and confirm...if that hanged body...is really Ibuki.

: ...Let's go.

I clenched my teeth and reached my hand toward the door.

*Clatter clatter clatter!*

: Huh...?

: What the heck...why's it locked?
: Th-That doesn't make sense... I mean...I was able to go through here just a few minutes ago...!
: Th-Then...why don't we try from another entrance...

: This is the only entrance to the music venue. There isn't even a window we can go through...
: But...why is it locked...?
: I don't understand it myself but...

: If it won't open, the only thing we can do is force our way through!
: Mmmm, I wonder if that's gonna be possible. Of the four of us, two of us are girls, you know?
: It doesn't matter if you can do it or not! We have to try!
: Let's go, we'll all charge at the same time! Ready, set...
: ...Gooooooooo!

At Fuyuhiko's signal, we charged into the door at full force.

*Bam!*

: Oh, the door moved...!

: Maybe it'll open easily after all...
: Yeah, even with two girls here.
: All right, one more time!

At Fuyuhiko's signal, we charged into the door one more time...

*Slam!*

Music cuts out.

It...was like a live performance had just ended. That moment of silence just before the audience breaks out in thunderous applause...

And a few minutes after that silence...

...A scream surfaced.

: ...Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

There...wasn't just a hanged body.

There was also...another body... A suspended body...belonging to Hiyoko...

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh drat, do we have a double murder? Or is the hanging a flat fakeout?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Oh no. Something terrible has happened. :munch:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

So at this point I think I can share that, in development, Hiyoko was originally planned to be survive to be one of the "final students", but the developers ended up changing it. The reasons for this change are spoilers at this point, but thank god they changed it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Oh no. Something terrible has happened. :munch:

This is horrific. Absolutely horrific :geno:

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I wish we could've traded Kazuichi for Hiyoko instead of Ibuki. :(

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I think this is just about where the previous LP ended, so I'm interested to see what happens from here on.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

dscruffy1 posted:

I think this is just about where the previous LP ended, so I'm interested to see what happens from here on.

This is where the investigation starts. In the last LP, the investigation was over and the trial was about to start.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Oh no, Hiyoko :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Sylphosaurus posted:

Oh no, Hiyoko :geno:

I almost feel bad, but yea, glad we won't have to deal with that personality anymore. It always bothers me when a game has someone with that trait and no reason for people to put up with it as part of the group.

Onward to the story! Who locked the door? and why was there so much hot air? The answers to these questions and more await us!

• Locked thread