Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How can you tell? I bought mine in June and it hasn't given me any trouble but I don't know For sure :ohdear:

If you can grip your left joycon fully and still play at a reasonable distance away your joycon is fine. It was not that long before they got the fix out, and I believe the ones which had the issue had it rather noticeably so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
im not sure it was ever confirmed that new units had any sort of hardware fix in the same way that the ones people sent in got

but maybe there was a more subtle change to the manufacturing process that fixes it?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HyperPuma posted:

im not sure it was ever confirmed that new units had any sort of hardware fix in the same way that the ones people sent in got

but maybe there was a more subtle change to the manufacturing process that fixes it?
Someone posted an article where they disassembled the joycon before and after and the fix was literally a block of [e:conductive] foam inside the thing, let me find it...

Aha, it's this one on CNet with pictures before and after.

Super trivial for them to just fix it going forward without the end users ever noticing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

HyperPuma posted:

Official word from Nintendo was that the problems in the initial run was due to a manufacturing variance. So there wasn't a "fix" per se, it was that some manufacturing defect that wasn't the norm happened on some subset of the first retail production run.

I myself work in manufacturing with JIS related processes, and closely with spec control. If some kind of defect presents itself on our floor, it is a matter of getting enough data about what units were affected in order to track down the root cause, usually to a single line or even single shift or station. Once you figure out where the variance is happening and why it's easy to stop it.

That reminds me, I need to add warranty information and common defects like joycon desyncing, pro controller up sensitivity, and bent docks to the OP.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

my one day old switch has a functional left joy con but it is a tiny bit more fussy when trying to fit it into things. the fitting on the rails for it seem a little off. is that generally the case or do i have an anomaly here?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
yeah it seems like they fixed it relatively quickly. i got mine at the end of march and i can force the issue if i try really hard to smother and block the controller but its never been a problem in normal use

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

limaCAT posted:

Zero Suit Peach

Is that a thing?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I myself work in manufacturing

Op is literally Al Borland

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is that a thing?

This is more a question for Google, and an answer for adtrw.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's less about them being eaten and more about them getting lost

Indeed. This kid has owned many things much larger than a Switch cart that are just loving gone. :iiam:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is more a question for Google, and an answer for adtrw.

That's cute. They should have costume switching in some game at some point

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Personally I'm glad they took the time to throw in some subtle cameltoe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FYI what I was ever so subtly trying to discourage you from doing happens to be a pet peeve of one of our fine mods.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
7th page and thread is ready to be closed, good job goons!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i thinkt he switch is good

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Anyone playing Cave Story? Where did all the life capsules go? I'm stuck on 3hp
Midway though and I'm basically getting one-shot by anything.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Boosh! posted:

Are you playing on hard? I think it removes most of them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Boosh! posted:

Hard mode removes all but 1 life capsule, and said life capsule is obtained near the end of the game. (Unless they changed that for the Switch version.)

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
drat, if I did it was by accident. thanks!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

*snip* garbage

That's cute. They should have costume switching in some game at some point
you have stared into the anime abyss far far too long

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/troll_and_i_stomps_onto_switch_next_month_with_a_usd30_price_tag
Headline: Troll And I Stomps Onto Switch Next Month With A $30 Price Tag
Tagline: Co-op adventure "perfect" for Switch, says publisher Maximum Games

perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect

Edit: Apparently this is a physical game. Perfect.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The switch is golden frieza. That is to say the Switch is perfect

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Didn't Golden Frieza job to Vegeta

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Lobster posted:

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/troll_and_i_stomps_onto_switch_next_month_with_a_usd30_price_tag
Headline: Troll And I Stomps Onto Switch Next Month With A $30 Price Tag
Tagline: Co-op adventure "perfect" for Switch, says publisher Maximum Games

perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect

Edit: Apparently this is a physical game. Perfect.

*movie trailer voice* In a world where every living creature has really gross dreads.....

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Didn't Golden Frieza job to Vegeta

no, Goku jobbed to Golden Frieza and Vegeta kicked the poo poo out of him

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

And then he killed everyone

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
my left joycon has trouble if i roll into a ball around the joycon and lay in the floor

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

eonwe posted:

i thinkt he switch is good

:yeah:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

whaley posted:

my left joycon has trouble if i roll into a ball around the joycon and lay in the floor

File a lawsuit for your mental anguish AND get your joycon repaired

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Op and second post updated with third party games. I listed all the non shovelware, I think. May have missed a couple. Added SF2 to Nintendo games(they published it)

Will add selection of upcoming Nintendo games later.

If space is available, I will continually update the second post with weekly releases

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Today's ARMS update included honest to goodness detailed patch notes. Nintendo is on a path to peak perfection

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Any word on how big of a boost Snake Pass got with its 40 percent off? I was hoping for some news about the nice profit boost to encourage other indie developers to try some discounts.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ghostwritingduck posted:

Any word on how big of a boost Snake Pass got with its 40 percent off? I was hoping for some news about the nice profit boost to encourage other indie developers to try some discounts.

Word: I bought it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Spellman posted:

DS games should just be downloadable through the 3DS. I know there are some obstacles that make this difficult, but if they intend to continue bolstering the importance of the 3DS as a strong handheld, they should do it there. Maybe a future model could do this

The 3DS is being replaced by the Switch, much like how the DS was the "third pillar" with the Gamecube and GBA.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

The 3DS is being replaced by the Switch, much like how the DS was the "third pillar" with the Gamecube and GBA.

Nah, they'll kill off third pillars but not seconds. The 3DS will have a successor because the Switch's successor could flop

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spellman posted:

Nah, they'll kill off third pillars but not seconds. The 3DS will have a successor because the Switch's successor could flop

they aren't going to have two competing handheld lines going at the same time. 3DS sales will decline and Nintendo will stop making games for it and then there's just going to be the Switch

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Switch is the NWO

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just don't see how the 3DS could survive. You can spend 200 dollars for this one handheld, or spend 300 on this other handheld that plays big boy games.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

they aren't going to have two competing handheld lines going at the same time. 3DS sales will decline and Nintendo will stop making games for it and then there's just going to be the Switch

They don't have two competing handhelds though. They have one handheld and one console with a battery backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Can I charge this thing on the go with a regular USB to USB-C cable? Could I keep playing zelda on an airplane while it's plugged in and have it stay on? I have a USB charger that I plug a USB to USB-C cable in to charge my phone when not at home so I don't have to unplug the USB-C to USB-C one next to my bed.

edit: portable power bank in OP gives a 404

• Locked thread