Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Finally booted up the demo cause as predicted I am now at max hype and can't wait for saturday now. I hate waiting so much.

Edit: Hope the 1080p look maintains in multiplayer, but I'll give that up for 60fps no problem

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Amiibo are always ugly.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Fetus posted:

Amiibo are always ugly.

Please be kind to our friends

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

LethalGeek posted:

Finally booted up the demo cause as predicted I am now at max hype and can't wait for saturday now. I hate waiting so much.

Edit: Hope the 1080p look maintains in multiplayer, but I'll give that up for 60fps no problem

Digital Foundry did their analysis, and while it can and does run at 1080p with 60 fps, it's working on an adaptive resolution, meaning it'll drop resolution if need be.

https://youtu.be/Fg9ptMnVJmI

Still, it definitely has the Nintendo level shine to it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rexroom posted:

Digital Foundry did their analysis, and while it can and does run at 1080p with 60 fps, it's working on an adaptive resolution, meaning it'll drop resolution if need be.

https://youtu.be/Fg9ptMnVJmI

Still, it definitely has the Nintendo level shine to it.

Guess they couldn't test multiplayer yet but that gives me hope for 1080p multi since its probably less intensive than the campaign.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Amiibo are always ugly.

:wrong:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Got the Art of Splatoon book and I couldn't stop laughing at Callie and Marie other designs.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Jarogue posted:

Got the Art of Splatoon book and I couldn't stop laughing at Callie and Marie other designs.

Onepiece dress with thick eyebrows?

How does Nintendo know how to create the best girls?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I hope there's amiibo cards available for splatoon 2 so I can transport my favorite play loadout in my wallet.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spacedad posted:

I hope there's amiibo cards available for splatoon 2 so I can transport my favorite play loadout in my wallet.

if they were smart they'd take a cue from what Skylanders Imaginators did (yeah, i know, ok) and let you custom-order amiibo cards with nice art of your loadout on them for like $10 a pop

id buy a bunch, i have no self control

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Please look forward to my pic of the Marina amiibo after having spent about 12 seconds in the microwave

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No.

Also there's a million videos of the first part of the single player mode out, and I'm trying to avoid them all. I need it to be ten days from now already.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

nuuuu pls no spoilers :<<<<

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Jarogue posted:

Does it have their concept art as Shrine Maidens?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
A side-by-side comparison video of the gyro controls in both Splatoons. Is there a delay in Splatoon 2 as some claim? Can't quite see it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fARJ2e_Y6lY

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rexroom posted:

A side-by-side comparison video of the gyro controls in both Splatoons. Is there a delay in Splatoon 2 as some claim? Can't quite see it myself.

I *barely* see a delay when he is moving it up and down really quickly, and even then I am not entirely sure.

Hell, I didn't even know that people were even talking about a delay.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jarogue posted:

poo poo, I totaly forgot about this geting an english release

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Here's a test someone from Squidboards did.

https://squidboards.com/threads/accuracy-comparison-of-motion-controls-between-joy-con-and-pro-controllers.28620/#post-226417

quote:

Summary of some key things are:
Sensitivity of +5 in Splatoon 2 is equal to -0.5 in Splatoon 1
Gyro drift correction is more aggressive for Joy Cons and Wii U than for the Pro controller. (This means Joy Cons and Wii U are worse at picking up very slow movements than Switch Pro.)
Splatoon 2 controls do not drift as much/long as Splatoon 1
This is hard to explain so bear with me. Video will help eventually.
When you rotate the controller very slowly, the game doesn't pick up this rotation and instead calibrates itself to think that this rotation is actually the controller's rest state. When you stop rotating the controller very slowly, the game compensates to think that you suddenly are rotating, causing a rotation in the opposite direction in the game. The duration and amount of this opposite rotation after you stop rotating the controller is shorter and smaller than in Splatoon 1.
Sorry, I've had a busy few days after the test fire and was slow in getting my results posted. I will revisit with more details between Pro and Joy Con when Splatoon 2 is released. Hopefully I will be back before then with a better summary video of these initial results as well.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Incidentally the guy on that video also compared how it works with the pro controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgcf-EcKVk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Like is that dude just straight turbonerdin', or is this a thing people give a drat about?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

It's the internet, it's competitive, and it's a console. There's bound to be people that take it way too seriously.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Infinitum posted:

Like is that dude just straight turbonerdin', or is this a thing people give a drat about?

If Smash Bros. has taught us anything, it's that controllers are an endless topic of discussion.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ive got my pro controller, esports monitor and ethernet dongle, watch me squid party 10ms faster than u

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm a casual scrub and I'm going to have fun playing splatoon 2 online

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Smiles posted:

ive got my pro controller, esports monitor and ethernet dongle, watch me squid party 10ms faster than u

Smiles what the hell is an esports monitor?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's like a blood pressure monitor but it checks whether your gaming level is "casual" or "esports".

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Frankston posted:

I'm a casual scrub and I'm going to have fun playing splatoon 2 online

Ban this sick filth.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

my gaming level is currently at scrub, i need some doritos stat

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's too late for that you need to eat consume this family sized bag of Funyons and 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I live in Germany but use the NA eShop. To play at a time that works in Europe for the Splatfest I should make a Euro account right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Me.

Thanks to me.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Cicero posted:

I live in Germany but use the NA eShop. To play at a time that works in Europe for the Splatfest I should make a Euro account right?

Probably, since all three regional Splatfests are at different times, so we don't get to play with Yanks like in some previous Splatfests.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think I'm going to use split joycons since only the right joycon controls the motion controls and it reminds me of a wiimote + nunchuck

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I love it goopy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Input lag is a hell of a thing

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Can't say I noticed anything while demoing or playing the test fire. Some people are just nerds

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

Can't say I noticed anything while demoing or playing the test fire. Some people are just nerds

I'm a total nerd and this stuff is just ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So with the dualies and the roller you can dodge and change the style of ink lob, how do you do that?