Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Word: I bought it.

that's three words

alternative word: i didn't buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

They don't have two competing handhelds though. They have one handheld and one console with a battery backup.

the great thing about the Switch is that it's either a handheld or a console depending on what point I'm trying to make.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I was fortunate enough to dunk my left Joycon into a cup of water and buy a new one so that even if I did have the defect, I don't anymore. :smuggo:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

the great thing about the Switch is that it's either a handheld or a console depending on what point I'm trying to make.

:hfive:

I really wish more indie devs had set dates for their games; my 128 card arrived and I can't wait to put it to use.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

They don't have two competing handhelds though. They have one handheld and one console with a battery backup.

That's why I totally can imagine a portable only "Switch" with a smaller screen and better battery life being a thing when the 3DS finally dies. Who knows though with Nintendo.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Op and second post updated with third party games. I listed all the non shovelware, I think.

Turf Masters needs a robust synopsis like the other top-tier indie games. :colbert:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

Nintendo considers the Switch a combination handheld/console. It is the replacement dor the Wii U and 3DS. They are not going to split development between consoles and handhelds anymore because the Switch is both.

They've literally been talking about combining them since before Iwata died.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I would guess they'd try to make something insanely pocketable to replace the 3DS

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nintendo considers the Switch a combination handheld/console. It is the replacement dor the Wii U and 3DS. They are not going to split development between consoles and handhelds anymore because the Switch is both.

They've literally been talking about combining them since before Iwata died.

I'm being facetious.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ARMS 2.0 is out.

New title screen.

•ARMS League Commissioner Max Brass added as a playable character.

•New ARM “Nade” added.

•New ARM “Roaster” added.

•New ARM “Kablammer” added.

•New stage “Sky Arena” added.

•New versus mode “Hedlok Scramble” added. ◦Punch or touch the capsule containing the 
Hedlok mask to become Hedlok for a period of time. This can be selected in Versus, Friend, or Local and it will also appear in Party Match.

•”Stats” added to the Top Menu. ◦Check stats such as your most used fighter, best stage, and ARM accuracy.

•”Events” added to the Top Menu. ◦Here you can set whether or not you want to join official online events.

•Snake Park has been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster.

•Raised highest rank in Ranked Match to 20.

•Increased the penalty for disconnecting during Ranked Match play.

•Shortened the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being extended, making them easier to use: Megaton, Megawatt, Revolver, Retorcher, Boomerang

•Increased movement speed of the Guardian.

•Improved visibility during charge attacks for the Popper and Cracker.

•Increased the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being knocked down, increasing risk: Popper, Cracker, Hydra

•Increased the amount of time it takes to recover when a grab is deflected with a single punch.

•Decreased the amount of damage when the Hydra’s rush connects with multiple consecutive hits.

•Decreased the distance Kid Cobra travels when jumping.

•Fixed issue where in some instances Ribbon Girl could remain airborne for an overlong period of time while continually attacking.

•Fixed issue where Ninjara would not destroy the light boxes on the Ribbon Ring stage when getting up.

•Fixed issue where the time necessary for the Triblast to return when deflected was shortened.

•Fixed issue where ARMS such as Blorb and Megaton would catch on the ground and fail to fire.

•Fixed issue where explosive ARMS would sometimes fail to explode when receiving an attack.

•Fixed issue where the Slapamander would sometimes fail to hit Helix when he is extended.

•In online play, fixed issue where the appearance or non-appearance of items could differ between devices.

•In online play, fixed various issues with V-Ball including an issue where the ball would remain grounded and play would not proceed.

•In online play, fixed an issue where sometimes Barq would continually defend against an opponents’ rush attack for a set period of time.

•In online play, fixed issue where sometimes pillars in the Scrapyard would not be destructible.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Is that captain falcon with championship belt arms????

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Basically

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Twist And Pout! posted:

Is that The Tick with championship belt arms????

:hellyeah:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

I just don't see how the 3DS could survive. You can spend 200 dollars for this one handheld, or spend 300 on this other handheld that plays big boy games.

The 3DS is very much on the way out by 2018. And even then, the 2018 titles are delayed localizations of existing releases. New titles are already down to a trickle, and there wasn't exactly a big push for it at e3 like in previous years outside of the Metroid 2 remake and a brief off-hand mention of the Sun/Moon variants.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Spellman posted:

Switch is the NWO

So what you're saying is I should be waiting for 4DS Wolfpac.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Didn't Pokémon Black/White 2 come out when the original DS was on deaths door? Seems they're doing the exact same thing with Ultra Sun and Moon

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Martytoof posted:

I can't wait to have time to play this. It totally scratched the "I need FFT" itch on my PS4 and I'm willing to shell out the price again to have it portable. I keep hoping for more tactical games. Outside of the obvious Mario Rabbids game, I'm also looking forward to Tiny Metal and WarGroove. WarGroove looks a little thin on the surface but I'll probably give it a shot.

Late reply, but My only response is that it doesn't give me that FFT satisfaction i wanted, since most of the game is "How can I one shot everyone here before they blow me up"

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

KingKapalone posted:

Can I charge this thing on the go with a regular USB to USB-C cable? Could I keep playing zelda on an airplane while it's plugged in and have it stay on? I have a USB charger that I plug a USB to USB-C cable in to charge my phone when not at home so I don't have to unplug the USB-C to USB-C one next to my bed.

edit: portable power bank in OP gives a 404

Yes to all.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

my one day old switch has a functional left joy con but it is a tiny bit more fussy when trying to fit it into things. the fitting on the rails for it seem a little off. is that generally the case or do i have an anomaly here?

My left joycon fit has always seemed to be a bit off for me as in it seems to rise up a tiny amount whenever I'm holding it in handheld mode and I need to push it down every so often. It really is super minimal though so I don't care.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Policenaut posted:

So what you're saying is I should be waiting for 4DS Wolfpac.

2DS 2000 Elite "Slap Nuts" Edition

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How large a file size is ARMS :nyoron:

The Lobster posted:

Link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/07/troll_and_i_stomps_onto_switch_next_month_with_a_usd30_price_tag
Headline: Troll And I Stomps Onto Switch Next Month With A $30 Price Tag
Tagline: Co-op adventure "perfect" for Switch, says publisher Maximum Games

perfect perfect perfect perfect perfect

Edit: Apparently this is a physical game. Perfect.

Do not buy this game.
Do not give the publishers your money.

Apparently it's super super janky, and not in a funny way where it's kinda endearing to play a broken buggy game; it's just plain broken and incredibly bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bad game got 1/10 on Destructoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowBKwfst1M

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

you may not like it but this is what perfection looks like

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NO STONK ON KONK

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

whaley posted:

my left joycon has trouble if i roll into a ball around the joycon and lay in the floor
You need the upgrade which lets you use your left joycon while in Morph Ball.

Guy Goodbody posted:

3DS sales will decline and Nintendo will stop making games for it
They already have, pretty much everything this year is being farmed out to 3rd parties.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i bought mario kart 8 deluxe and played it for 10 minutes with some friends and all of a sudden 5 hours had gone by, i dont really understand what just happened

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Futaba Anzu posted:

i bought mario kart 8 deluxe and played it for 10 minutes with some friends and all of a sudden 5 hours had gone by, i dont really understand what just happened
you played mario kart with your friends for 5 hours and 10 minutes

or you passed out after 10 minutes and woke up 5 hours later

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
This probably answers the question if Switch will ever see streaming apps on it.

https://twitter.com/nico_nico_info/status/884940424388919297

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

What is Nico Nico?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

What is Nico Nico?

a streaming service

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

What is Nico Nico?

Essentially Japanese Youtube

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What does it say?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frankston posted:

What does it say?

the Nintendo Switch is getting a Nico Nico app

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
c'mon people, use context clues

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Frankston posted:

What does it say?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ikeike

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

a streaming service
Yeah I got that part, thanks.

Infinitum posted:

Essentially Japanese Youtube
Thanks, I was wondering just because I'd read an article about it but it didn't explain exactly what it was used to stream.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the perfect game is on its way.

https://twitter.com/mario_odysseyjp/status/884891988234862593

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

Can I charge this thing on the go with a regular USB to USB-C cable? Could I keep playing zelda on an airplane while it's plugged in and have it stay on? I have a USB charger that I plug a USB to USB-C cable in to charge my phone when not at home so I don't have to unplug the USB-C to USB-C one next to my bed.

edit: portable power bank in OP gives a 404

I tried this and it charged in sleep mode. While playing Zelda it slowed the battery drain to a few percent in an hour. So your mileage may vary but at the very least it will greatly increase your playtime. I had to use a C to C to actually gain charge while playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Reminder that ARMS is good and you should all buy it.

• Locked thread