Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Chavo and Rey had 15 WWE singles matches, as well as 4 WCW ones and one Lucha Underground. They did have 5 singles matches in 4 weeks once though, which is what made me look them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

This is absolutely happening with Lio and Ricochet
Eh Ricochet will probably be fine

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
wrong thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. To be honest the only really notable stuff is the opening and closing stuff, and the highlight of the night which was the Fashion Files segment.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown results added to the OP. To be honest the only really notable stuff is

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

KungFu Grip posted:

[*] Shinsuke vs Baron broke down into a brawl before it could even get started, spilling out into the crowd. Officials raced down to ringside to break them up but they kept fighting. Nakamura got into the ring and motioned to Corbin to bring it, but he just grabbed his briefcase and stormed out.

I forgot Corbin won Monkey in the Bank and thought he had like a Samsonite briefcase and maybe a trilby to pick up and leave with.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Not really weird. The older you get the lower your capacity for bullshit.

Not to mention he busts his body up on a daily basis and probably didn't feel like being an undercard dude. I don't blame anyone for giving attitude in wwe.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

RUNWAY WALKER: TEXAS RANGERS

go watch breezeango they constantly deliver.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I forgot Corbin won Monkey in the Bank and thought he had like a Samsonite briefcase and maybe a trilby to pick up and leave with.

...now all of a sudden I wish it was a literal Monkey they had to catch and bring down and then haul around with them until they hand it to the ref to "cash" in. Someone give this idea to Vince, I'm sure it'd happen. Could lead to some awesome vignettes.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Jerusalem posted:

the highlight of the night was the Fashion Files segment

So what's new

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
THE TRUTH IS NOT H

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not sure why anyone would sign for 205 live over NXT since 205 live is the walking dead

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not sure why anyone would sign for 205 live over NXT since 205 live is the walking dead

The incredibly strange wrestlers who lost mass and became mixed up Cruiserweights?!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Career wise if 205 live craters and Vince doesn't need any of the talent for tv WWE has always been decently amicable toward people going "down" to nxt.

The same is less true for going from nxt to television.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Heavy Metal posted:

I stood in the bathroom with Austin Aries once at an ROH show. I like to tell this tale whenever I can. They had to change in there I guess, was at a college gymnasium. Welp that's my story.

Minidust posted:

I peed next to Jimmy Snucka at a low-rent Indy show in 2007, hello wrestlepiss brother
Back when WWE used to do Blast Zones, I was at a sports bar outside Denver for a WrestleMania where Sunny and Buff Bagwell were signing autographs. At one point I was at the sinks in the men's room standing next to Bagwell; I was surprised to learn that I am actually taller than him (I'm 5'9") and he was definitely not sober.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cena is so much fun. I'm so glad he's back and hope he's out of this PATRIOTISM :911: feud soon so we can get more fun Cena.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Because you will be working in front of real crowds and make more than your downside where if you go to NXT you'll make poo poo money in front of 200 people.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Because you will be working in front of real crowds and make more than your downside where if you go to NXT you'll make poo poo money in front of 200 people.

How badly will NXT/205 live be cut if the TV deal money is cut?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

205 Live I legit expect to be canceled

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think Network content will be deeply deeply slashed because that division isn't exactly profitable last I read.

NXT is pretty much safe because it's not NXT's job to make money, but a lot of other stuff, including 205 Live, would get cut.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh Ricochet will probably be fine

I feel like Ricochet will be wasted in WWE. Either he ends up with the cruiserweights or he gets the Finn treatment. They just don't have any interest in high work rate flippy guys who are just ok on the mic.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The dumbest thing about 205 is that the obvious solution to getting crowds more into it is letting them have exciting cruiserweight matches that are different from the rest of the WWE.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

NXT would (probably) be fine, but there would probably be cuts to the Eric Youngs of the roster.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

I think Network content will be deeply deeply slashed because that division isn't exactly profitable last I read.

NXT is pretty much safe because it's not NXT's job to make money, but a lot of other stuff, including 205 Live, would get cut.

It's mildly profitable in strong quarters and for the MOST part the numbers have pretty steadily risen, at least in terms of the sub ceiling getting higher year after year, but they're a substantial way (about 100k-ish according to a financial analyst from Citi) from making up for the PPV gap, but that doesn't factor in the initial startup costs either. Still, I'd characterize it as consistently break even to slightly profitable with decent upward prospects in a vacuum. It's certainly not losing a ton quarter on quarter anymore though.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm buddies with an indie wrestler who was an extra on Smackdown. He said he talked to Gulak for a while and Drew said the Cruisers only have to work twice a week. Maybe Rovert can verify this; but that's not a bad gig if so.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SunshineDanceParty posted:

The dumbest thing about 205 is that the obvious solution to getting crowds more into it is letting them have exciting cruiserweight matches that are different from the rest of the WWE.
That and not airing it right after SmackDown Live when the crowd has checked out

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Do the women on the main shows only do singles matches on PPVs? Real question.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

also, Golden Truth feud is criminally underrated

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Not

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

also, Golden Truth feud is criminally underrated

I maintain that the main reason no one cares about that feud is because The Golden Truth spent months either jobbing or just not appearing on TV. It's hard for people to get invested in this break up angle when most people forgot they were even still together.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's mildly profitable in strong quarters and for the MOST part the numbers have pretty steadily risen, at least in terms of the sub ceiling getting higher year after year, but they're a substantial way (about 100k-ish according to a financial analyst from Citi) from making up for the PPV gap, but that doesn't factor in the initial startup costs either. Still, I'd characterize it as consistently break even to slightly profitable with decent upward prospects in a vacuum. It's certainly not losing a ton quarter on quarter anymore though.

It's still nowhere close to making what the TV deal is, and probably will never get there at the current rate of adding subscribers and cost on the service. Plus while it's adding sub numbers I get the feeling a decent % of those are soft, either people that are on free months that will quit or people that just sub for the months of the big PPV's (just using the service as a PPV service). I suppose if the TV deal does get slashed they could always sell ads but than the WWE ad rate is always terrible so that probably won't make that much a difference

rare Magic card l00k posted:

NXT would (probably) be fine, but there would probably be cuts to the Eric Youngs of the roster.

I'm pretty sure if the TV rights money took a huge cut NXT would be back to being purely developmental and no longer trying to be the super indy.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I like Lio Rush and since Bryan I'd my favorite wrestler I try not to be all heightist about wrestlers but dude is like an inch taller than my old lady and she's literally a foot shorter than I am (I'm barely 6'3). Dude is maybe shorter than Rey and not as musclebound. I really have no idea what he would do in wwe.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TBF if you are 100% set on going to the WWE you probably want to go now because if the TV rights deal does go south they probably won't signing anyone new for awhile. It's just for some going to the WWE is probably not the best business move

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sega 32X posted:

I like Lio Rush and since Bryan I'd my favorite wrestler I try not to be all heightist about wrestlers but dude is like an inch taller than my old lady and she's literally a foot shorter than I am (I'm barely 6'3). Dude is maybe shorter than Rey and not as musclebound. I really have no idea what he would do in wwe.

Get thrown around by the likes of Braun every week?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I just had a vision of a Brooklyn 99/Angie Tribeca type show with Breezango, Owens and Jericho, and Summer Rae and Fox. In my head its a mess but its a mess I love. Cena plays the captain.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
In response to the Undertaker posts pages ago: I remember growing up that part of his gimmick was that he "personally crafted" the coffins for each opponent. Was the Warrior casket the first one or did he just phone it in by buying a regular casket and putting some stickers on it?

E: i'm dumb

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

Cena is so much fun. I'm so glad he's back and hope he's out of this PATRIOTISM :911: feud soon so we can get more fun Cena.

Jinder will still be champion and I guarantee the Summerslam feud is Cena vs Jinder so uhh, you'll be waiting a while

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So Jinder has been champion for a few months now. Is there any sign of improving business in India?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kinetic77 posted:

I'm buddies with an indie wrestler who was an extra on Smackdown. He said he talked to Gulak for a while and Drew said the Cruisers only have to work twice a week. Maybe Rovert can verify this; but that's not a bad gig if so.

Someone like him never gets on Raw or house shows so it sounds right.

Neville will work more since he's on like every house show and regularly Raw, plus whoever is currently involved in Neville storylines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Aphrodite posted:

Someone like him never gets on Raw or house shows so it sounds right.

Neville will work more since he's on like every house show and regularly Raw, plus whoever is currently involved in Neville storylines.

True, but it's been established that none of the other cruisers are on the Neville Level

• Locked thread