Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
oh yeah they announced ZSJ, Sammy Guevara, Mark Haskins, and Jonah Rock for BOLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Riddle's on the outs, right?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

big mike is teasing dragon gate in the united states again

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

Sill can't get over you fuckers bitching about the gift bag at the first DGUSA show

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i wasn't there

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I don’t believe it. That would require DGUSA to exist and put on shows

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have no idea what the gift bag thing is but I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's something Gabe hyped for more money and it ended up being poo poo?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

I have no idea what the gift bag thing is but I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's something Gabe hyped for more money and it ended up being poo poo?

yes

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

it ended up being thunder sticks and a paper fan iirc

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

EugeneJ posted:

Sill can't get over you fuckers bitching about the gift bag at the first DGUSA show

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah I wonder why people were angry?

oatgan posted:

Do you mean Michael Elgin? Why the hell would Elgin be involved?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Big Mike/Shingo book it somebody

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

people are mad about the gift bags because the shows never actually happened.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Yeah I wonder why people were angry?

Do you mean Michael Elgin? Why the hell would Elgin be involved?

Michael Elgin is a wrestling promoter

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I never said DGUSA is coming back

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

see i told you

https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/status/885252871297650689

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oatgan posted:

I never said DGUSA is coming back
Looks like we gotta nother fake scoopsman here fellas

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

oatgan's gonna need to step up his bluffing game if he's to seize the #2 spot from roque

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im under attack, unfairly i might add

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I would like to imagine Shingo at Hooters

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

im under attack, unfairly i might add

At least you're not roque

...or ARE YOU?!?!?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Just over two hours away from Nova Pro's summer supercard:

NOVA Pro Wrestling Presents American Slang '17
Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia - 7/14/17

Chet Sterling vs. Logan Easton Laroux - Ladder Match for the PWI Ultra J Championship
Beau Crockett vs. Innocent Isaiah - The Cutie and the Beast EXPLODES
Matt Cross vs. Sonjay Dutt
David Starr (wXw Shotgun) vs. Tim Donst (AIW Absolute) - Title vs. Title
Rory Gulak vs. John Kermon
Brittany Blake vs. Angelus Layne
Faye Jackson vs. Sahara Seven
The Sandwich Squad vs. Reed "By God" Bentley and Mance Warner
Arik Royal in a "1% Gauntlet Match" that if he wins will let him face Logan Easton Laroux

and the most important match of all:
The Ugly Ducklings vs. The Gymnasty Boyz (Timmy Lou Retton and White Mike)
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/876175412212248577

drat, this really is a super card. I guess part of it when you go to every show by a promotion for two years and get to know even the local guys, then all the matches start to be things to look forward to.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
book cabana man dan

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

How good is White Mike

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
He's a comedy wrestler, but he seems good enough at that style. After his match with "The New and Improved Chuck Taylor," Stokely Hathaway said that he deserved to be "Black Mike" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruHb0QKvEno

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
NOVA Pro American Slang 2017 Review:

Gymnasty Boys vs. Ugly Ducklings opened the show and tore the house down. Both teams were over big, with the Ducklings being extremely over. White Mike didn't get to do as much White Mike stuff as I would have liked, but Timmy Lou Retton is always tremendous and the Ducklings are great. Hope to see both teams back soon, and they most definitely will be.

Starr/Donst was wild because they were doing title vs. title and everyone thought there would be no finish and they built the entire match on that premise. They did a double count out, then restarted with no count outs, then they did a double DQ when they both wouldn't stop punching each other. They wanted the ref to restart it and he wouldn't, so they both punched him and another ref came out and they made him restart the match with no DQ. Finally after they got weapons involved the finish was a double pinfall. Good way to do the match when booked into a corner like that.

Matt Cross vs. Sonjay Dutt was good.

For Sandwich Squad vs. Mance Warner and Reed "By God" Bentley, Reed was killing me. When the Sandwich Squad was coming to the ring and there were no cameras on him, just for himself and the people on that one side that could see him, he berated a guy in the front row with pizza until the guy held the slice up between the ropes so he could take a bite. I don't know why but I just found this so incredibly funny. Then during the match one of his contacts came out and he yelled SOMEBODY HOLD MY loving CONTACT until a lady in the front row put her hand out to hold it. I talked to him later and he did get it back from her like 20 minutes later. He also had a shirt on that said "Reed Bently: A Perfectly Fine Professional Wrestler" or something like that which I really want. What I'm saying is I'm a big Reed Bentley mark.

Brittany Blake vs. Angelus Layne was good, Angelus Layne is excellent. She had been threatening to "burn Nova Pro Wrestling down" and after the match she called out Mike the promoter to complain about how Taeler Hendrix didn't make the booking for the show. Mike just had a baby and she said "I hope you'll be a better father than you are a promoter" and blew a fireball in his face. So she's awesome.

Main event ladder match was a solid ladder match. Logan Easton Laroux won the PWI Ultra J title.

During the intermission I took picture with the Gymnasty Boys and Matt Cross. The house was maybe the most packed it has ever been at the JCC and they announced that they'd signed some kind of official deal with the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia to guarantee they'll be able to hold shows there through 2020.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

NickRoweFillea posted:

I would like to imagine Shingo at Hooters

Shingo would thrive. But Don Fujii would run that joint.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/wcpw/status/886325754233049092 https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/886327262361997313

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

say a prayer for keith lee who had his head split open on an unprotected chairshot tonight

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

say a prayer for keith lee who had his head split open on an unprotected chairshot tonight

It was the most disgusting chairshot I've ever seen and made everybody leave very uncomfortable. Who the gently caress plans a chairshot to hit with the backrest instead of the seat and why would you ever take that shot unprotected?

Until that point, it was the best Sami Callihan match because that dork slipped off the stage during his entrance and then got his rear end beat.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It was the most disgusting chairshot I've ever seen and made everybody leave very uncomfortable. Who the gently caress plans a chairshot to hit with the backrest instead of the seat and why would you ever take that shot unprotected?

Until that point, it was the best Sami Callihan match because that dork slipped off the stage during his entrance and then got his rear end beat.

I'd say it's the classic case of people wanting to look tough, and that bad stuff is overstated and it's safe when done properly, like how *I* do it. Just because some other loser got hurt taking a chair shot doesn't mean no one should do it, duh.

I'd guarantee there's many people who think this way. Sami Callihan seems so well respected, but he messed a person up- I do hope Keith Lee is alright.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
is it like the chairshot sami did to AR Fox on lucha underground a while back? Kneeling, taking it to the crown/back part of the scalp?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

is it like the chairshot sami did to AR Fox on lucha underground a while back? Kneeling, taking it to the crown/back part of the scalp?

Kneeling and right to the front of the skull with his hands completely at his side. And again, the contact point was the backrest and the thick metal frame basically melted around Lee's head. I don't know why they came up with that finish and I certainly don't know why Sami swung the chair that hard.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

AR Fox? Taking a stupid bump? I don't believe it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Basic Chunnel posted:

AR Fox? Taking a stupid bump? I don't believe it

A fun game is to take a drink for every time AR Fox falls on his head during a match.

Except don't do this because you'll be passed out 8 minutes in.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nobody works harder to get the crowd going than ar fox, whenever you stop making noise someone will perform a bicycle kick sending the other guy to the floor, and then do a dive

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phRz5dKSO2w

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Proper lighting in a large space is no joke

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/887004120728698880

that really was a great show on saturday up until the chairshot. looks like keith worked xwa on sunday? for what its worth, he didnt look half as disturbingly glassy-eyed as mustafa ali did after his botched dive from this time last year, so maybe he miraculously avoided actual brain damage. still loving stupid

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

BOLA 1st round has some great matchups:

Rey Fenix vs. Rey Horus
Flamita vs. Ricochet

Give me all the flippy

AHHHH FLAMITA, PENTA EL 0M AND REY FENIX VS. THE ELITE ON NIGHT 2

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Looks like Riddle's booked for BOLA despite bailing on them before