Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How hot is it now?
This poll is closed.
As Balls 49 36.03%
As Hell 22 16.18%
As poo poo 10 7.35%
It's just the humidity, dumbass. 55 40.44%
Total: 136 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raiders are going 8-8 this year IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Yeah they sure as gently caress aren't going to surprise anyone this year and all these big signings were on offense, which wasn't their problem

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ehud posted:

10-6 and a wildcard spot.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Raiders gonna finish 3rd in the division just ahead of the Broncos

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Didn't Calvin Johnson just give an interview where he said he retired cause the Lions were losers and his body was all beat up?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Grittybeard posted:

Marino still has one of the best releases to ever play the game. Just for getting the ball out like right the gently caress now once he decides to throw. Peyton and Brady aren't/weren't slow by any means but they get the ball out quickly more because they make decisions immediately after the snap instead of just taking absolutely no time to get rid of the ball once the process of the throw begins.

Vick was up there too with that little flick of the wrist and the ball would just fly out.

I thought Brady had a particularly quick delivery

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brady is a system QB HTH

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans are gonna beat the Raiders in Week 1 and its gonna own real hard

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Come home to Atlanta, Calvin, and take out the evil empire that is New England. Julio and Calvin on the same field would be rediculous.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm convinced the Browns are going to fire Hue Jackson this season, make Gregg Williams head coach and he will bring in Jeff Fisher to be DC.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

weird Asian candy posted:

Come home to Atlanta, Calvin, and take out the evil empire that is New England. Julio and Calvin on the same field would be rediculous.

:tizzy:

That said, it would be crazy.

It'll never work because like hell the Lions are going to release him.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you had your chance

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just laughed really hard because I thought about the Superbowl and how dumb that comeback was. If you wrote that poo poo for a movie they'd be like "Yeah don't make it 28-3, make it like, 21."

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

evilweasel posted:

you had your chance
I was going to say the same thing but I didn't want to break wAc

nbzl
Apr 5, 2002

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.
I'm pretty sure that rumor started because Todd Downing (Raiders OC) was the Lions QB coach in 2012 when Calvin Johnson had his highest receiving yardage year. So ya it's a foregone conclusion he's coming here sorry guys

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Pats didn't make a single extra point in the Super Bowl. This year they'll probably come back from 35-0 against the Eagles with 12 field goals.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just laughed really hard because I thought about the Superbowl and how dumb that comeback was. If you wrote that poo poo for a movie they'd be like "Yeah don't make it 28-3, make it like, 21."

It wasn't the Super Bowl but imagine how the Oilers must have felt. I mean sure they were up 28-3 at the end of the first half, but they went ahead and got to 35-3 before blowing everything. To the back up quarterback.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any single playoff game in a professional sport that's a bigger choke job.

I apologize to Intruder for this post

e: holy poo poo looking that game up Thurman Thomas went out too? So hall of fame QB and hall of fame RB both out of the game for the Bills before the comeback happened.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Its Rinaldo posted:

And then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is. It's not about money... it's about sending a message. Everything burns!

This is a pro post

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Normally my instinct when a team gets the level of offseason hype that the Raiders have is to zag and sort of assume they'll disappoint, but I'm buying it this year. I think the Raiders finish the season with a bye.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anyone else remember when last years Madden thought the Rams and Skins would be in the playoffs? Wonder what crazy scenario they'll have start the game this year.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

evilweasel posted:

you had your chance

And we will again :smug:

In another 18 years

Eli Wiggum posted:

I was going to say the same thing but I didn't want to break wAc

TFF is a safe place compared to literally every Twitter comment regarding the Falcons since that awful night. Nothing you say can break me at this point.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/885134668772892672

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Why would the Lions release him from his contract now a year after telling him they wouldn't do so. I mean even if he wanted this to happen it won't happen.

I suppose he could wait until 2021? If anyone still wants him then?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Nail Rat posted:

Why would the Lions release him from his contract now a year after telling him they wouldn't do so. I mean even if he wanted this to happen it won't happen.

I suppose he could wait until 2021? If anyone still wants him then?

i'm pretty sure that only years played count against contracts

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If Calvin came back, why would he ditch the best team in Detroit for the second-worst team in Oakland? :smuggo:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I mean, as a Lions fan it would be incredibly bittersweet for Calvin to come back on another team, even if I could understand his reasoning. If it was in a Raiders jersey it would at least be easier to swallow than if he came back on, say, the Pats or (God forbid) the Packers, but it would still hurt a lot to see him suit up in anything other than Honolulu Blue.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
N: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/885183928918790150

V: :geno:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

And we will again :smug:

In another 18 years

TFF is a safe place compared to literally every Twitter comment regarding the Falcons since that awful night. Nothing you say can break me at this point.

I'm very glad Twitter was not really a thing in 2007.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Pops Mgee posted:

Anyone else remember when last years Madden thought the Rams and Skins would be in the playoffs? Wonder what crazy scenario they'll have start the game this year.

It's possible that Madden was unable to simulate Goff being as dumb as a loving brick. He was barely even in that All or Nothing show but he just seemed so loving dumb every time they showed him.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I wouldn't say it will happen this year, but it is going to be great when the Raiders go full Barnwell and regress to the mean. They looked like garbage when Carr wasn't playing so when he has a bad year...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lol that's how she explains it huh

Oh yeah I was TRYING to get him released! It certainly wasn't that he was playing like complete trash the past 2 seasons!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I forgot just how much I hate the Raiders when they're good.

Bury them, Denver and/or KC

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/885214504920924162

I'm sure the new QB will be willing to stick his neck out and help.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

wandler20 posted:

Real winners aren't worried about stats. :colbert:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am a DeAngelo Williams fan now.

Thanks for reading.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Niiiiiice.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Clay Matthews is still mad Colin Kaepernick poo poo housed them half a decade ago lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm sure that incredibly distant memory is bothering him quite a bit

Real question is what do you think all the retired lbs from San Fran's defense that year are doing?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm sure that incredibly distant memory is bothering him quite a bit

Real question is what do you think all the retired lbs from San Fran's defense that year are doing?

Ignoring calls from the dolphins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Fitz you ignorant slut

Lawrence Timmons is undoubtedly about to become comeback player of the year

• Locked thread