Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

On the flip side of that, Bungie sure has gotten a hell of a lot of mileage out of that code. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

They just need to update their tickrate to 60 or higher so they have more options for balancing archetypes than nudging TTK one or two frames in either direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Via PC Gaymer: http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-roaming-supers-will-leave-glowing-footprints-behind/

http://i.imgur.com/x7oNZJD.gifv

I think that's a nice addition. Supers shouldn't be a win button, and anything that helps normal players have a chance to avoid or have a fighting chance against them is welcome in my book.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Too bad that hunter looks more awkward to control than blade dancer is.

Dude is spamming the gently caress out of that button and going nowhere.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lmao I didn't even notice that his first lunge was away from the guy he was running towards

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

xzzy posted:

Too bad that hunter looks more awkward to control than blade dancer is.

Dude is spamming the gently caress out of that button and going nowhere.

the good fax machine posted:

Lmao I didn't even notice that his first lunge was away from the guy he was running towards

He's playing footsie with a sentinel?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

i hope in destiny 2 we can finally kiss the traveler

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I've just reduced look sensitivity to 6 having been at 10 since launch.

It took about an hour to get used to but it is like a super power. Head shots have never been so bountiful.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren: BUBBLE CONFIRMED

https://youtu.be/z6FYVuSDPT0

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

we knew it was already tho :confused:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that was the first time we've seen a player do it, though, i think.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

-I've never popped a bubble ever, Idk

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That bubble is a lot bigger than I remember. It looks like there's easily enough room for a full raid party in that thing. I like it.

Also having a laugh of this dude explaining all the visual effects of a bubble taking damage and it cuts to a clip where none of that is shown.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm quietly expecting the deepest secret in the game to be, after years of complex puzzle solving, literally a cameo-style portrait of a bony space dragon wearing a top hat & monocle while holding a cup of tea

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Policenaut posted:

That bubble is a lot bigger than I remember. It looks like there's easily enough room for a full raid party in that thing. I like it.

Also having a laugh of this dude explaining all the visual effects of a bubble taking damage and it cuts to a clip where none of that is shown.

whoever is editing this poo poo for IGN is trash

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Clownshoes game developed by clownshoes devs using reddit as their primary information source and gets clownshoes marketing push, is anyone in here surprised?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Berds theory confirmed!

Small Beard = Ubuntu user
Big Beard = Debian mantainer
Huge Beard = Harcore BSD UNIX dude

The bigger the beard, the more unix in it. And this dude was awesome.

Policenaut posted:

Yea, it look bigger, also the transparency will make easier to see whos inside. Thats a double edge sword for attackers but would favor defenders almost always, I think.

I kind of like what I see. I will make a character of each class, of course, but titan looks pretty solid in the awesome departament.

Tei fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 12, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Clownshoes game developed by clownshoes devs using reddit as their primary information source and gets clownshoes marketing push, is anyone in here surprised?

Everyone uses pedo palace to talk to their fans now. It's how you sell games. Ftge

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Legs Benedict posted:

whoever is editing this poo poo for IGN is trash

That's what I been saying!

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Sentinel confirmed as most OP subclass. I'm excited to see the new, bigger bubble. And now I'm wondering if all other subclasses also have an alternate mode to their super.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

elpaganoescapa posted:

And now I'm wondering if all other subclasses also have an alternate mode to their super.

Yes

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

elpaganoescapa posted:

Sentinel confirmed as most OP subclass. I'm excited to see the new, bigger bubble. And now I'm wondering if all other subclasses also have an alternate mode to their super.

Hopefully the solar warlock charged super turns them into Cyclops.

Blasting sleeper simulant style reflecting beam all the gently caress over the map. :hellyeah:

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Nice

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

xzzy posted:

Hopefully the solar warlock charged super turns them into Cyclops.

Blasting sleeper simulant style reflecting beam all the gently caress over the map. :hellyeah:

Man now i'm gonna be loving bummed if this isn't the case

LOL if the alternate supers for each class are just the D1-style super tho

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Man, I'm so curious to see each subclass side-by-side. It seems like there's a push to make each one a roaming threat vs. like a single titan slam or nova bomb or whatever. A little homogeneity is probably good but I wonder if, yeah, sentinel's just going to end up being the best because it's everything else + titan wall/bubble.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I dunno, that arc hunter styled all over that void titan.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I haven't watched any of the videos :twisted:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope viking funeral is still in

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

poor life choice posted:

I haven't watched any of the videos :twisted:

same, no reason to if I can just wait for the beta and not sit through neckbeardy videos

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I don't think they'd put self res back in. I'm interested to see the alternate super for solar warlock.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Emron posted:

I don't think they'd put self res back in. I'm interested to see the alternate super for solar warlock.

I hope they do because it's something unique like the bubble shield. If most supers are just different colored projectiles it would be really boring, I like how radiance focused on reducing ability cooldowns instead and was fun paired with the claws etc.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Self res is stupid because bad players gravitate towards it thinking it's a get out of jail free card.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

Self res is stupid because bad players gravitate towards it thinking it's a get out of jail free card.

It is a get out of jail free card and I have a new guy during a sherpa running Warlock I'll tell him to self res.

e: for the record self rez is bad and should not be in Destiny 2

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It is a get out of jail free card and I have a new guy during a sherpa run running Warlock I'll tell him to self res.

I'd rather they nova bomb or electrocute whatever was about to kill them.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What are the odds that they killed it not because people sat on it, but instead to keep people from soloing raids?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

I'd rather they nova bomb or electrocute whatever was about to kill them.

You know that's not what they do. They sit on a super the entire time shooting a shielded yellow bar with a primary.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Last night I ran self rez in CoE solo so I could a)get a bunch of book nodes done and b)not give a gigantic gently caress about dying while slapping 250 PVE dudes.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
"It's hard to make a purple space dude cool" that's the loving definition of cool

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG posted:

"It's hard to make a purple space dude cool" that's the loving definition of cool

From a company that built an entire alien race's spaceships around the color purple.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

i thought they confirmed that self res is gone