Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So when are we gonna get Proto Archer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Proto Cu was a better design just puttin it out there

Better outfit because how could anything be worse, but his face and hair are way more boring. Caster Cu's design isn't an awful compromise.

That reminds me, do we know if we're ever getting the Lancer Medusa and unidentified Rider from the First Order anime? Or were they just the animation team's random ideas?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

NRVNQSR posted:

That reminds me, do we know if we're ever getting the Lancer Medusa and unidentified Rider from the First Order anime? Or were they just the animation team's random ideas?

Lancer Medusa is an available Servant in the JP version.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Better outfit because how could anything be worse, but his face and hair are way more boring. Caster Cu's design isn't an awful compromise.

there's a lancer medusa in the game but not that lancer medusa. And that rider is probably Rider Darius, who we might get at some point if anyone starts caring about Darius at all.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

there's a lancer medusa in the game but not that lancer medusa. And that rider is probably Rider Darius, who we might get at some point if anyone starts caring about Darius at all.

Yeah, I'm guessing he doesn't crack top 100 in the popularity polls.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NRVNQSR posted:

Random ideas, and would be kinda redundant at this point.
Like, Lancer Medusa is a combo of "Medusa using Harpe", covered by mini Medu, and "Medusa but more obviously evil", which is mostly covered by Gorgon.
I don't think they could even give her a different NP, unless they pull Bloodfort which I hope they don't 'cause it'd probably suck in gameplay (AoE damage with a bunch of debuffs as overcharge, maybe self-NP charge too).

Rider Darius has more design space available but nobody cares about Darius except for Iskander. :v:

Proto Cu's boring face and hair are partly because Nakahara's FGO artwork is clean but really bland.
Here's a better one:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I think Darius looks cool but that's about all he's got going for him.

When do we get the coolguy Archer from the opening, and no I don't mean Emiya.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I like Darius for his hilarious yells.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bad Seafood posted:

I think Darius looks cool but that's about all he's got going for him.

When do we get the coolguy Archer from the opening, and no I don't mean Emiya.
Arjuna? Should show up with Karna... eventually.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kyte posted:

Wonder if he'll already have his animation bug fixed.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I love all the cus

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kyte posted:

Proto Cu's boring face and hair are partly because Nakahara's FGO artwork is clean but really bland.
Here's a better one:

Agreed, that does look a lot better.

Kyte posted:

They were added in the first New Years' event in Japan, I think? The Chinese version seems to have been following roughly the same event schedule so we can probably assume it'll be the same for us.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Marogareh posted:

I like Darius for his hilarious yells.
I like Lu Bu's.

Especially his dialogue which just shows up as a big unreadable block.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

NRVNQSR posted:

Agreed, that does look a lot better.

They were added in the first New Years' event in Japan, I think? The Chinese version seems to have been following roughly the same event schedule so we can probably assume it'll be the same for us.

Yes indeed, they were New Year's 2016 Servants. They were prepared ahead of their appearance in the America chapter.

Of course, since Fuggo EN is using the EoR client, they could be activated at any point Aniplex likes. But the schedule calls for an appearance about five months or so from now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

I like Lu Bu's.

Especially his dialogue which just shows up as a big unreadable block.

Original Frankenstine was the best yell girl.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NRVNQSR posted:

Better outfit because how could anything be worse

I'm weirdly partial to the big blue bodysuit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Schubalts posted:

Original Frankenstine was the best yell girl.

Actually, it's old voice Drake. OUKEGI YOI!

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

quote:

CUCHULAIN COMFORTED

A MAN that had six mortal wounds, a man
Violent and famous, strode among the dead;
Eyes stared out of the branches and were gone.

Then certain Shrouds that muttered head to head
Came and were gone. He leant upon a tree
As though to meditate on wounds and blood.

A Shroud that seemed to have authority
Among those bird-like things came, and let fall
A bundle of linen. Shrouds by two and three

Came creeping up because the man was still.
And thereupon that linen-carrier said:
'Your life can grow much sweeter if you will

'Obey our ancient rule and make a shroud;
Mainly because of what we only know
The rattle of those arms makes us afraid.

'We thread the needles' eyes, and all we do
All must together do.' That done, the man
Took up the nearest and began to sew.

'Now must we sing and sing the best we can,
But first you must be told our character:
Convicted cowards all, by kindred slain

'Or driven from home and left to die in fear.'
They sang, but had nor human tunes nor words,
Though all was done in common as before;

They had changed their throats and had the throats of birds.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

So when are we gonna get Proto Archer?

You mean the Archer from Fate/Proto? Arash? The 1* self destruct champ?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

You mean the Archer from Fate/Proto? Arash? The 1* self destruct champ?

That would be the Archer from Fate/Prototype: Fragments. Totally different guy.

Archer from Fate/Prototype is Gilgamesh, yet again.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

I'm weirdly partial to the big blue bodysuit.

I prefer Proto visually but FSN Cu is cool for a plethora of other reasons and his suit isn't bad.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Quick question: now that I'm starting to run into my max levels for a bunch of characters, what's the best place to get materials for ascensions? The daily quests where you're dueling against the other Servants, or is there some other place maybe in the story somewhere?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Proto Cu is an extremely handsome boy, and I'm not just saying that because I can't seem to roll vanilla Cu :argh:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nick Biped posted:

Quick question: now that I'm starting to run into my max levels for a bunch of characters, what's the best place to get materials for ascensions? The daily quests where you're dueling against the other Servants, or is there some other place maybe in the story somewhere?

Depends on the materials. Pieces and Monuments are almost always best got from the Duel dailies. Other things like fangs and seeds technically come from the Monster Hunting dailies but are very rare; they sometimes have slightly better drop rates in free story quests. Some, like horseshoes and pages, simply aren't in the game right now.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I spent 200 AP getting 2 dragon teeth from Thiers and I need 10 more. I don't know if the daily rate is better normally, but I'm guessing it is during this half-ap cost.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Stagger_Lee posted:

I spent 200 AP getting 2 dragon teeth from Thiers and I need 10 more. I don't know if the daily rate is better normally, but I'm guessing it is during this half-ap cost.

If I were a paranoid person I'd wonder if the Thiers drop rates have changed recently. I feel like I had no trouble getting a dozen there to ascend Martha in the first week, but this week I've spent 200AP there with absolutely nothing to show for it and I've seen other people saying the same thing.

All just confirmation bias, of course.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So I should probably wait for the forbidden pages and eternal gears for waver's third ascension right?

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

NRVNQSR posted:

Depends on the materials. Pieces and Monuments are almost always best got from the Duel dailies. Other things like fangs and seeds technically come from the Monster Hunting dailies but are very rare; they sometimes have slightly better drop rates in free story quests. Some, like horseshoes and pages, simply aren't in the game right now.

All right then, I guess I'll stick with the Duel dailies for now while we still have the half-off deal. Kind of annoying that some aren't even around yet, but I guess that's to be expected.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

UchihaHirou posted:

This ridiculous run gave me the last assassin monument I needed to 4th Ascension Jeanne:

Apparently, it costs 9 million QP to grail her the first time. I hope the cost doesn't go up with each additional grail.
Hi, friend.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I only need one more Lancer monument and one more Archer monument to ascend my Jeanne, but it looks like the daily quest for those monuments won't come back until Saturday. Is there no other way to get monuments right ow besides those quests?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I only need one more Lancer monument and one more Archer monument to ascend my Jeanne, but it looks like the daily quest for those monuments won't come back until Saturday. Is there no other way to get monuments right ow besides those quests?

No other way.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

one day nasu will write the shinji route

There's only one option for Shinji's True end

Kyte posted:

Rider Darius has more design space available but nobody cares about Darius except for Iskander. :v:

Darius owns

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
My only hope for Shinji's route is that he gets run over by a bus.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
time travel redemption arc

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
So this is probably a stupid question but I'm not really sure how to set up my team. Say I've got herc, gil and waver. What I've been doing is slotting Gil and Herc and picking a support that's strong against whatever quest i'm doing and Waver as the first reserve guy. So whoever dies first, Waver comes in and does his thing and I can do an NP or two and win.

I've started thinking that I should just start off with Gil/Waver and have herc as the first support. But Herc kinda works early on because he is a zerker and is pretty good against nearly any daily/story quest. Am I just being dumb about this?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you've got herc gil and waver the answer is to set them up however you like and roll your face on your phone because they'll solo everything for the next year regardless of what you do

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

cyxx posted:

So this is probably a stupid question but I'm not really sure how to set up my team. Say I've got herc, gil and waver. What I've been doing is slotting Gil and Herc and picking a support that's strong against whatever quest i'm doing and Waver as the first reserve guy. So whoever dies first, Waver comes in and does his thing and I can do an NP or two and win.

I've started thinking that I should just start off with Gil/Waver and have herc as the first support. But Herc kinda works early on because he is a zerker and is pretty good against nearly any daily/story quest. Am I just being dumb about this?

Keep in mind that you can rearrange the support slot to the back row and just go Herc/Gil/Waver frontline if you'd prefer. On the party select screen, hit the "Line up" button and start dragging people around.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'll only do a Shinji route if it's face punching or kicking him off a cliff

I wanna date Cu, I know with his luck he'd die at the end of his route, but still

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Thuryl posted:

Keep in mind that you can rearrange the support slot to the back row and just go Herc/Gil/Waver frontline if you'd prefer. On the party select screen, hit the "Line up" button and start dragging people around.

Pretend I posted the mind blown gif here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Paris free quest. Shadow Jeanne has a chance to drop Saber, Archer and Lancer pieces and monuments. With a drop pool that diluted, good luck getting what you want.