Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Welcome to FF4: The Mafia Years.

This is going to be a mostly-standard role madness game. I have a few oddities thrown in because I can't help myself, but nothing crazy. I know that a couple games just finished sign ups, so I'll let this sit open for awhile if it doesn't fill up right away.

Flavor is important to this game, but not necessarily in the way you might think. Be careful with your assumptions.

I am going to try using discord for OOT communications, so be aware of that when you sign up. If it ends up being a problem to people, we will revert to the google sheet method, but I don't think there's many things that will open google sheets but not discord.

Days will be 48 hours, nights 24 hours. If a deadline is awkward for enough people, I will extend it. This is for things like holidays generally, not game apathy.

Regulation Mafia Spiel here:
FF4:TMY is a closed set up game for up to 17 players. If we don't get to 17 I can cut it down a little.

Standard mafia rules apply, including, but not limited to:
-No editing your posts
-No talking OOT about the game unless specifically allowed
-Do not directly post mod PMs. If you think something might be questionable, ask me.
-No spectator posts.
-No posting after hammer
-If you die, do not post in the thread (a contentless ghost post is fine)
-No encryption, no toxx, no truth or dare
-Do I really need to keep going?
-Seriously, just be cool. This is a game we play with internet people for fun. Treat it as such.

Sample Win Con:
You win when all threats to the blue planet have been eliminated.
  1. CapitalistPig
  2. CCKeane
  3. chaoslord
  4. flerp
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. IllegallySober
  7. Infinitum BottleKnight
  8. Jamuraan
  9. Jeabus Mahogany
  10. King Burgundy
  11. vector_to
  12. wheredashimapansat
  13. Yorkshire Tea

Replacements:

Mithross fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I can't not play final fantasy game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
drat you!! HOW DARE YOU!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
that was me signing up

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

I can't not play final fantasy game

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok.

I'll be voting lurkers until they are all gone.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If this starts after the weekend I will play but if it's starting before I shouldn't so use your own discretion if I'm signed up or not

Also this is an affront to CPig!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Hal Incandenza posted:

If this starts after the weekend I will play but if it's starting before I shouldn't so use your own discretion if I'm signed up or not

Also this is an affront to CPig!

I'll sign you up for now, and if we end up full too early for you I will take it from there.

Also if CPig didn't want me to run FF4:TAY mafia, he should have done it before he ran 5. He missed his chance.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mithross posted:

I'll sign you up for now, and if we end up full too early for you I will take it from there.

Also if CPig didn't want me to run FF4:TAY mafia, he should have done it before he ran 5. He missed his chance.

I was planning on running it as part of a special "extra short final fantasy games that expand on the original stories" mafia game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am kidding and am not mad.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I am kidding and am not mad.

I'm glad. I only did after years because you said you were doing main series and stopping at 10 or 10-2.

(Yes, this means I have plans for other games you might be skipping, most notably 11, 14, and type-0. If you are planning on running any of those or other side games, let me know)

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'll play.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/dO7nwig.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also protip I have started a new job and can no longer shitpost like I used to, I will be referring to this post when scum goes "I wonder why Infinitum is so quiet" and calling you out on that bullshit.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
not a signup but I would just like to preemptively support killing infinitum for being strangely quiet this game

wheredashimapansat
Oct 14, 2016
Can anyone join? If so /in

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh fine why not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mithross posted:

I'm glad. I only did after years because you said you were doing main series and stopping at 10 or 10-2.

(Yes, this means I have plans for other games you might be skipping, most notably 11, 14, and type-0. If you are planning on running any of those or other side games, let me know)

I am not running anything past 10-2. I aam definitely doing tactics though. freaking dibs on tactics.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

freaking dibs on tactics.

What about Tactics Ogre

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

What about Tactics Ogre
What about it? not a final fantasy game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

CapitalistPig posted:

What about it? not a final fantasy game.

What about Bravely Default?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

wheredashimapansat posted:

Can anyone join? If so /in

Sure, anyone is welcome. You will either need platinum for private messaging, or to get me an email address or the like so I can send you game communications.

CapitalistPig posted:

I am not running anything past 10-2. I aam definitely doing tactics though. freaking dibs on tactics.

Don't worry, I saw you talk about tactics, I already had it mentally earmarked as yours.

wheredashimapansat
Oct 14, 2016

Mithross posted:

Sure, anyone is welcome. You will either need platinum for private messaging, or to get me an email address or the like so I can send you game communications.

Okay, cool! I updated my profile to receive emails and put my discord info there as well.

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Final fantasy flavoured game? Sign me the gently caress up.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
its been awhile but ima play

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

flerp posted:

its been awhile but ima play

A flerp sighting :monocle: Welcome back, friend!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Cid, I'm Cid, don't vote me I'm Cid.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Keane makes 12, I can cut the game down to 13 if necessary, so we are between 1 and 5 signups away from starting.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mithross posted:

Keane makes 12, I can cut the game down to 13 if necessary, so we are between 1 and 5 signups away from starting.

I'm all about starting sooner rather than later, but that's just me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

IllegallySober posted:

I'm all about starting sooner rather than later, but that's just me.

:same:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I don't have a problem with that either. I've got work shortly, but should we get at least one sign up by the time I'm off I'll get the setup tweaked to however many we have tonight and role PMs out tonight or in the morning.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Sign me up

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, sign ups are still open, but this hits my minimum, so I'll close them when I get home and I'll get PMs out tonight.

Edit: Signups are closed, PMs are about half done, fighting sleepiness to get them finished before bed.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 18, 2017

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

PMs are going out. Please do not post except to confirm.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Confirming I'm ready, willing, and able to turbo nerds once this game starts

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

PMs should all be out, excepting wheredashimapansat who I am waiting on a friend accept on discord to get ahold of.

Thread is remaining open so players may confirm, but...

It is now Night 0. Unless your role PM specifically mentions a Night 0 action, you do not have one.

I am going to bed. Hopefully night 0 actions will be queued up when I awaken, and the game can start in earnest tomorrow.

Mithross fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 18, 2017

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Posting to confirm.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

PM received.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Confirming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Confirmed

• Locked thread