Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

So with the dualies and the roller you can dodge and change the style of ink lob, how do you do that?
:gitgud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yes, but also

Roller: flick on ground vs flick while jumping changes the direction of the flick from horizontal to vertical.

For dualies: there is a buttan. use buttan.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't think we should nerdshame, learning about the differences in gyro implementation between Splatoon 1 and 2 is cool.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are we only going to have the 4 or so weapons we have right now available in the splatfest? Cause that's unfortunate.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Saint Freak posted:

Are we only going to have the 4 or so weapons we have right now available in the splatfest? Cause that's unfortunate.

I think you can level up during the splatfest and get more stuff from the shops, but i'm not 100% sure. i just dont know why the shops would even be open to visit in the splatfest demo otherwise

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think you can level up during the splatfest and get more stuff from the shops, but i'm not 100% sure. i just dont know why the shops would even be open to visit in the splatfest demo otherwise

If they are level gated in the full game they dont have to change each shops code for a demo if they just disable leveling.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Would be nice if we get to take our character from the demo into retail as a bonus.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

pixaal posted:

Would be nice if we get to take our character from the demo into retail as a bonus.

I thought that was the case since we have to customize a character for the splatfest demo

I missed the testfires earlier in the year because I didn't have a Switch yet, did you have Inkopolis Square access then?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lakbay posted:

I missed the testfires earlier in the year because I didn't have a Switch yet, did you have Inkopolis Square access then?

Testfires never gave you access, even on the Wii U. It was just tutorial and lobby.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Nearing the "one week away" point. I can't wait to be that person who plays ranked mode casually.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Bloop posted:

Yes, but also

Roller: flick on ground vs flick while jumping changes the direction of the flick from horizontal to vertical.

For dualies: there is a buttan. use buttan.

Thanks all I've played is the tutorial in the demo so I don't even know how to fire off my supers.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I have vacation for nine days starting on the 21st I am gonna squid all over the place. I shall evolve into the perfect squid being. I will probably be arrested for doing this

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Man in bike shorts drowns in brightly colored paint, leaves note reading "woomy"

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

LethalGeek posted:

Can't say I noticed anything while demoing or playing the test fire. Some people are just nerds

HORI need to get started on a mechical controller and bungee combo so my lag-free input experience can be FLAWLESS

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I really wish this demo gave access to the firing range. I want to cover every square inch of some place get used to the controls in a stress-free environment.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Shame Boner posted:

HORI need to get started on a mechical controller and bungee combo so my lag-free input experience can be FLAWLESS

I think you can use the pro controller in wired mode now

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"

Bongo Bill posted:

I really wish this demo gave access to the firing range. I want to cover every square inch of some place get used to the controls in a stress-free environment.

Same. I spent 5 min learning the controls and forgot them 10 min later. If I manage to shoot ink during the first match on the 15th it will be a win

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Jarogue posted:

Got the Art of Splatoon book and I couldn't stop laughing at Callie and Marie other designs.

Everyone knows girls are incapable of wearing a mechanic's jumpsuit without they tits hangin' out.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yodzilla posted:

Everyone knows girls are incapable of wearing a mechanic's jumpsuit without they tits hangin' out.

it's a good look

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

*ahem* it's called a tool chest.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Shame Boner posted:

:golfclap:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

inferis posted:

I think you can use the pro controller in wired mode now

Supposedly, using the Pro controller in wired mode adds more lag than Bluetooth, yes really. Supposedly.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yodzilla posted:

Well actually Gadget Hackwrench wore hers properly and she totally didn't affect any young developing minds in disturbing ways.....

...none at all...

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Shame Boner posted:

Bazinga.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
For those of you curious

quote:

Please note that Super Sea Snails will not be distributed for the Splatfest World Premiere event taking place this weekend. Save data from the demo will not carry over into the full game.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Worth mentioning that the demo's options menu seems to let you save your squid's loadout to an Amiibo though, so you might be able to preserve your pre-release self forever as a toy

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
A'ight, so my little brothers managed to get a Merit and an Excellence on their mid-terms. Guess what I'm buying them.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That's like 15% bummer (that saves won't get you anything in the full game) and 85% adorable (wtf is a super sea snail?)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

enojy posted:

That's like 15% bummer (that saves won't get you anything in the full game) and 85% adorable (wtf is a super sea snail?)

Something that one goon wouldn't stop crying over every loving splatfest. Oh and it lets you reroll abilities on gear.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

enojy posted:

In Splat 1 some gear had 1 ability, some 2 and some 3. But some of the gear with 1 or 2 looked fresh, so you could use sea snails to give it more slots so it'd be on par with the 3 slot gear.

Now in Splat 2 abilities are more like gems from diablo, so I wonder if sea snails will also be used to remove or implant abilities as well.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

You give them to a guy that likes to mug squidkids for their clothes, so he can eat the snail's innards.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

WarpedNaba posted:

A'ight, so my little brothers managed to get a Merit and an Excellence on their mid-terms. Guess what I'm buying them.

Ice cream?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cake?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Icecream Cake?

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

A cryo pod so he can make hyper-accurate assessments of projectile bodily fluids from evolved sea life for a living in a post-apocalyptic world?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Beer.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
An excuse to buy splatoon 2 for yourself under the guise of it being a gift for him.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Brothers, plural.

They're getting a Zelda switch bundle each. Splatoon 2 for their birthdays in August.

I fully expect fistfights to result from the Splatfests.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Why the tooth brushes though?