Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Your fridge confuses me

Is it the baby lock on the ice drawer? :argh: Stop it, baby!!!!
(Top half fridge, middle left is for ice cubes, middle right is a fast-freezing drawer. Upper bottom (lol) is a tallish fridge drawer for drinks and lower bottom is the main freezer.)

It's a very normal fridge for Japan. If you open your freezer more than your fridge, you're lifeing badly.

peanut fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Your fridge confuses me

That is indeed a strange fridge.

peanut posted:

It's the apparent multitude of drawers.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Please just stop. This thread has one rule, you're breaking it. Leave.

You appear to be the one that can't stick to your own rule. I have paid my $10--didn't know certain threads were off limits. Stick to talking about interior design and if you have nothing to add to the conversation just don't post. If you feel the need to continue the personal attacks please leave it out of the thread and take it to PMs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Jesus Christ gently caress off

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

peanut posted:

(Top half fridge, middle left is for ice cubes, middle right is a fast-freezing drawer. Upper bottom (lol) is a tallish fridge drawer for drinks and lower bottom is the main freezer.)

It's a very normal fridge for Japan. If you open your freezer more than your fridge, you're lifeing badly.

Coooooooool. That sounds really useful! Does the fast-freezing work well? And if you've successfully got a baby lock on there you're ahead of the game. I'll never forget the time my parents spent an entire saturday babyproofing every cabinet in the kitchen, only to turn around after finishing the last one just in time to watch my brother unfasten the first one and hand it to them.

Also I'd like to talk about how lovely your china cabinet is - such clean lines! The two skinny drawers on the left look really handy for silverware and things like that.

Haifisch posted:

Stolen from the crappy construction thread:

I'm pretty sure those countertops are war crimes.

Aaaaa... imagine that pink one first thing in the morning :gonk:

Oh also, small vintage apartment-havers:

This thing was a goddamn lifesaver. It doesn't look like much but it actually fuckin' works. It's basically just a single-rack dishwasher that you put on the counter and hook up to your kitchen faucet with a hose. If you've got the counter space to spare (lol) it will change your life. The only tricky thing is the spikes are kinda close together so you need pretty shallow plates, but you can easily get a couple days' worth of dishes for a two-person household in there, and when it's finished it beeps a song to you in a pleasing Japanese fashion.

The one thing it's bad at is drying, so I recommend venting the steam immediately after the rinse cycle when you can (just pop the door open and closed again) and using one of those water-spot-fighting additives like Jet-Dry

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 13, 2017

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Jesus Christ gently caress off
If you feel the need to continue the personal attacks please leave it out of the thread and take it to PMs.

If someone posts for help with a design goal, your options are:
1. Help
2. Don't post

Somebody's building a barbecue pit and you're a vegan? Cool, help or don't post.

Somebody's looking for a bungalow and you hate the suburbs? Help or don't post.

Somebody's designing a room around a television set, pool table, model train collection, or sex swing and you're much too good for that sort of thing? HELP OR DON'T POST.

I hope that I've made myself clear.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
"Help or don't post" isn't a personal attack against you. Just move on.

This thing was a goddamn lifesaver. It doesn't look like much but it actually fuckin' works. It's basically just a single-rack dishwasher that you put on the counter and hook up to your kitchen faucet with a hose. If you've got the counter space to spare (lol) it will change your life. The only tricky thing is the spikes are kinda close together so you need pretty shallow plates, but you can easily get a couple days' worth of dishes for a two-person household in there, and when it's finished it beeps a song to you in a pleasing Japanese fashion.

I desperately want one (I cook like every day) but unfortunately I don't have the counter space! Not because my counter is full of other poo poo . . . it needs more counter than my kitchen even has. :(

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Maybe if we post enough other things, the derail will go away.

Have a lovely ms paint of the kitchen layout of my childhood home, which was 100% planned by my parents. You can tell because it was a loving dream to work with:

The walls not taken up by counterspace/cupboards/cabinets are the ways out to the dining room and hallway. God I miss having that much room to work with and storage to store in.

e:

The one thing it's bad at is drying, so I recommend venting the steam immediately after the rinse cycle when you can (just pop the door open and closed again) and using one of those water-spot-fighting additives like Jet-Dry
Any recommendations like this for washing machines? I'm fortunate enough to have a dishwasher in my apartment, but I irrationally hate having to drag my clothes upstairs and feed the coin laundry. I'd honestly prefer doing a million tiny loads of laundry if it meant less lugging stuff around and getting quarters.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 13, 2017

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Does the fast-freezing work well?

Also I'd like to talk about how lovely your china cabinet is - such clean lines! The two skinny drawers on the left look really handy for silverware and things like that.

In reality, I just keep my grab-it-fast little stuff like ice packs and corn and pre-cut green onions in there, but there's an aluminum tray inside that freezes stuff fast and flat.

The China cabinet is 80s af in a good way and I can't put baby locks on it so for now, those drawers are just stuff that baby can't shatter like bento boxes, plastic cups and dessert spoons.

Tried to angle this to hide all the dishes and mail... the other half of our galley-ish kitchen. We reused this "system kitchen" from the old house because it got new pull-out drawer hardware about 10 years ago. I built a janky lil table over the trashcans (with 3 sets of old baby locks) to expand the counter space for the dishrack. Our dishwasher is bad and not good and I don't use it.

Edit: In summary, our kitchen is lacking in counter space but has an excellent work triangle.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 13, 2017

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Anne Whateley posted:

"Help or don't post" isn't a personal attack against you. Just move on.

I desperately want one (I cook like every day) but unfortunately I don't have the counter space! Not because my counter is full of other poo poo . . . it needs more counter than my kitchen even has. :(

How's your floor space? I eventually put mine on a rolling steel cart like they used to keep the projector on when I was in elementary school because I'm a thousand years old. Worked great!

Haifisch posted:

Have a lovely ms paint of the kitchen layout of my childhood home, which was 100% planned by my parents. You can tell because it was a loving dream to work with:

The walls not taken up by counterspace/cupboards/cabinets are the ways out to the dining room and hallway. God I miss having that much room to work with and storage to store in.
Jellyfish seem like a dangerous choice for kitchen seating.

Haifisch posted:

Any recommendations like this for washing machines? I'm fortunate enough to have a dishwasher in my apartment, but I irrationally hate having to drag my clothes upstairs and feed the coin laundry. I'd honestly prefer doing a million tiny loads of laundry if it meant less lugging stuff around and getting quarters.
I've never found a countertop washing machine that worked worth a drat - they don't agitate enough and don't drain well. I have lots of experience doing laundry by hand if that's at all helpful to you though :shobon:

peanut posted:

In reality, I just keep my grab-it-fast little stuff like ice packs and corn and pre-cut green onions in there, but there's an aluminum tray inside that freezes stuff fast and flat.

The China cabinet is 80s af in a good way and I can't put baby locks on it so for now, those drawers are just stuff that baby can't shatter like bento boxes, plastic cups and dessert spoons.

Tried to angle this to hide all the dishes and mail... the other half of our galley-ish kitchen. We reused this "system kitchen" from the old house because it got new pull-out drawer hardware about 10 years ago. I built a janky lil table over the trashcans (with 3 sets of old baby locks) to expand the counter space for the dishrack. Our dishwasher is bad and not good and I don't use it.

That cabinetry is beautiful! God can you just send me like, a lot of Japanese woodwork. I can pay you in dinosaur gifs.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

Haifisch posted:

Look for portable washing machines:

https://smile.amazon.com/Haier-HLP24E-Portable-Stainless-Pulsator/dp/B00WSVFM7K

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jellyfish seem like a dangerous choice for kitchen seating.
It was actually (kind of uncomfortable) chairs like this, but I decided to capture the essence of them. And by that I mean I can't draw worth a poo poo.

quote:

I've never found a countertop washing machine that worked worth a drat - they don't agitate enough and don't drain well. I have lots of experience doing laundry by hand if that's at all helpful to you though :shobon:
Bah, that's what I was afraid of. I've seen hand-laundry assisting gadgets too, so maybe I'll just try that.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Haifisch posted:

It was actually (kind of uncomfortable) chairs like this, but I decided to capture the essence of them. And by that I mean I can't draw worth a poo poo.

Oh those! The official chairs of the nineties! They were kind of uncomfortable. My grandma had these little cushions for them that tied onto the back, but they were only half an inch thick and the ties always came loose and it just wasn't worth it at all.

Oh also: Laundry-haters who live in cities, look into fluff & fold. It costs about $1-2 a pound, and two weeks of laundry was about 30 pounds for me. Hardly cheap, but laundromats are getting so expensive these days the difference isn't HUGE, and you get your weekend back.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 13, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There was an old UK comedy sketch where this fellow would be sent out for something simple like eggs by his wife and he'd come back with increasingly random stuff and go "I bought a china elephant, a pogo stick and a fez" "did you get the eggs?""no"

I went to the charity shop/thrift store for tv cabinet, bought a coffee table, corner unit and humongous display cabinet/dresser. I'll upload pictures when they are delivered.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

That cabinetry is beautiful! God can you just send me like, a lot of Japanese woodwork. I can pay you in dinosaur gifs.

Lol don't get ahead of yourself praising the 2009 Panasonic home utility catalog. If you want jerk off material, try GISing
tansu 箪笥 wooden dressers
shokkidana 食器棚 dish cabinets
horigotatsu 掘りごたつ sunken table
ranma 欄間 decorative partitions
washitsu 和室 tatami rooms

The results from daidokoro 台所 kitchen are... not as nice.

peanut fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 13, 2017

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

peanut posted:

Lol don't get ahead of yourself praising the 2009 Panasonic home utility catalog. If you want jerk off material, try GISing tansu 箪笥 wooden dressers. The results from daidokoro 台所 kitchen are... not as nice.

So that's a whole portable furniture piece? Does it come apart? That's so cool.

I don't know if I googled correctly, but I've always thought these were really neat:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

I can't hate it.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Bah, that's what I was afraid of. I've seen hand-laundry assisting gadgets too, so maybe I'll just try that.

I, um, have 4 of those exact chairs around my kitchen table. We bought them for dirt cheap back in 2003. They're certainly not the most comfortable chairs, but they've held up through multiple moves and 2 kids.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Haifisch posted:

I can't hate it.

Look if you're gonna go, go hard.

And you reminded me that poo poo like this exists, lmao

MAN FRIDGE FOR MY MAN CAVE WHICH IS THE GARAGE WHERE TOOLS GO EXCEPT HERE THIS IS WHERE MILLER LITE GOES

There's a whole kitchen suite you can get that's covered in diamond-plate but I can't find it now

Peanut, what's your bathroom like? Do you have one of those short but super-deep tubs, or a wet room?

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 13, 2017

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

There are also floor standing 'portable' dishwashers that are either full size (24" across) or small size (18"). These pretty much behave like normal dishwashers except they have wheels on the bottom so that you can cart them over by the sink when you want to hook them up. The inevitable kitchen remodel is still a couple years off, so we got an 18" one of these in the meantime. If I had known about these while I was still renting, I'd have saved a boatload of money just picking a cheaper place that didn't already have a dishwasher.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Look if you're gonna go, go hard.

And you reminded me that poo poo like this exists, lmao

MAN FRIDGE FOR MY MAN CAVE WHICH IS THE GARAGE WHERE TOOLS GO EXCEPT HERE THIS IS WHERE MILLER LITE GOES

Guinness from a bottle jfc

Let me store it alongside my manly pellegrinos

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

peanut posted:

shokkidana 食器棚 dish cabinets

:allears:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Be careful when tumbling into the 雑貨 家具 (kawaii furniture) rabbit holes!

VVV A+++ cabinet

peanut fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 13, 2017

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Progressive JPEG posted:

Guinness from a bottle jfc

Let me store it alongside my manly pellegrinos

I'm curious which western market they're aiming for, gotta be the US since they're pretending that Stella is fancy.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
May not to be to everyone's taste but here we go, my new living room unit.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

learnincurve posted:

I can't understand how it hides the TV though. :v:

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

learnincurve posted:

I love the woodwork and the leaded glass. Solid choice.

My uncle (the same one who renovated my mother's and did the fantastic interior work on my aunt's mid-1800's farmhouse) took after my grandfather and got into woodworking. Also like my grandfather, he will only build in oak. If you request something be made of, say, pine he will hem and haw and push back the project, and when you say, "Go ahead, do it in oak," it shows up a week later. At one point he built a cabinet that was supposed to be wall-mounted somewhere, and ended up in my parent's basement. I didn't particularly want a wall-mount cabinet, so he built a tray on four legs for it, to which I added some levelers because of our wavy-rear end floor, and voilą:

I love this thing. It's pretty stable despite Wavy-rear end Floor, but I drilled a hole through the back and used a washer and a #24 3/16" machine screw into a Toggler (linked because these are the best wall anchors ever, I have them in maybe four different sizes for various things) in order to add to the stability. Unfortunately, our house gets so dry in the winter that the trim separated slightly, which is visible on the lower right corner. I want to get a whole home humidifier, but because we're cast-iron radiated heat and ducted A/C, we'd have to use a steam humidifier that calls the air handler to circulate, which is a fair amount of electricity use. On top of that, we have two air handlers, so we could only humidify two levels unless we added another unit. Fine, humid air rises, so we'd put it on the lower level. But then on top of THAT, as we are Very Old Stone Construction, you have to be careful adding water content in the air that might freeze inside the mortar, and you also might get condensation inside the wall cavities. Arrrgh. I'm still not sure what to do on that front.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

There's an interesting thing I've noticed in this thread, y'all really like old poo poo what of the kind my nanna used to have.

Pushback against chipboard flatpack aside, what's the deal? There are well-made things that don't look like they recently acted as a framework for the slow-onset rigor mortis of a heart attack victim.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

How's your floor space? I eventually put mine on a rolling steel cart like they used to keep the projector on when I was in elementary school because I'm a thousand years old. Worked great!
Floor space is better, but I had to choose between a portable washing machine vs. a portable dishwasher (the wheels/countertop kind linked above) and I went with the washing machine. I love it, but I'm not sure it was the right call since dishes are a daily thing and laundry not so much.

Haifisch posted:

Totally agree -- I love my Haier. I don't trust laundry services to handle my clothes the way I want, and this thing is super convenient. It was $100 for a like-new used one on craigslist.

At the end of a wash cycle, it spins strongly enough that your clothes come out only a little damp (like you definitely couldn't possibly wring out a drop of water). I put them on hangers on my shower rod, and they're dry the next morning. The only downside of the whole system is that you obviously can't really do that with sheets and towels, so for those you do need to make a trip to the laundromat, but only for the dryer.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well if I'm honest I would like to only own Queen Anne furniture but in the absence of obscene amount of money I'll settle for a nice bit of real wood. I'm old enough to own teenagers and have learned over the years that chipboard is a false investment and that your nana was right, shopping trolleys on wheels are awesome. You can fit a 20 kilo bag of dog food in one and wheel it around like it's nothing.

If you like a thing then buy that thing, don't worry about it :)

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Jaded Burnout posted:

There's an interesting thing I've noticed in this thread, y'all really like old poo poo what of the kind my nanna used to have.

Pushback against chipboard flatpack aside, what's the deal? There are well-made things that don't look like they recently acted as a framework for the slow-onset rigor mortis of a heart attack victim.
I have plenty of flatpack stuff where it works aesthetically -- my "attic" den area has an Ikea couch and a Poang, and flatpack but decent looking coffee table and television stand. (That coffee table is in kinda rough shape now, though, apparently the cats attacked the thing.) But for some of the more formal rooms in my house I want nice furniture, and what I happen to like in furniture is craftsmanship. For nice detail in furniture, you're generally looking at either paying a lot of money for something new, or buying something used that's a bit out of style. There's a middle ground, of course -- we have a decently-constructed but not exactly ornate tall chest from Durham Furniture's George Washington collection for my wife's clothes that I like and I think I might buy another, and my ex-wife has a nice Hooker jewelry armoire that I bought her for her birthday years back. But I like hand-carved solid wood, I like inlay, and I live in a 1930s Colonial Revival that doesn't exactly lend itself to more modern design anyway.

Which is why we have these chairs:

Sure, they're not going to work in everyone's house, but I like how they work in ours.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

My grandparents had exotic modern plastic laminate things from the 60s and 70s, not boring old wood. My parents bought the wooden 40s and 50s furniture after the owners died in the 80s.
These things uhhh skip a generation?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

peanut posted:

My grandparents had exotic modern plastic laminate things from the 60s and 70s, not boring old wood.

Um. About that...There is a legitimate reason for me owning this I swear but yes, feel free to mock this one. (It's used for storing parrot food and toys)

This is the corner unit, it's too dark for the room but again real wood and the others they had were poor quality, also it was £30.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jaded Burnout posted:

I like actual old modern stuff that generally has the nice clean simple design and lines of Ikea but isn't flatpack particle board poo poo, it's all teak and poo poo. I'd fill my house with mid century Danish modern if I could, and slowly am. I really don't like heavily ornamental antique looking stuff and despise faux-rustic french country kitchen sort of stuff. But my apartment is in a 1950's building with a lot of classic mid-century design, if I was living in a 1910 building and my apartment had a bunch of period design built-in I would probably get furniture that matches.

What I really can't stand are clashing pieces and homes with absolutely no design direction. You don't need a perfectly matching theme but, just some sort of direction. You really liked that ridiculously ornate oriental style dresser so it's in your bedroom, next to your ikea bed, flanked by some rustic pine bedside tables. Your living room has a big particle board entertainment cabinet with a matching ugly over-stuffed leather sofa but the coffee table is a purple "distressed" looking reclaimed wood thing and there's some weird almost art-deco glass display shelves over in the corner which are not being used to display anything nice but instead full of random junk and papers. The dining room has a bunch of newly bought ornate but cheap Queen Anne looking poo poo except there's a big original arts and crafts buffet along the back wall. All inside a newly built series of soulless drywall cubes with cheap wall to wall carpeting and popcorn ceilings.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Some people think they're ugly, but it's more about how they're a very visible trend from a distinct period of time, which means they're guaranteed to look dated eventually.

I keep trying to find discussions on this exact thing. What are the trends of today that are going to look horrifically dated in the next few decades? For kitchens I think it's the granite/marble counters with the stainless steel appliances. It's hard to imagine what will come after that, because they seem so tasteful and futuristic compared to the 60s puke green appliances.

Are there any other trends from other rooms that might fade away in the next few decades? Much like shag carpet in the 80s? Or are there new trends that are already preferred to things like granite counters and stainless steel?

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Yeah, after I posted I thought it rude and went to take some pictures. No frame yet, but our plan is to make it uncomfortably ornate for a picture of our dog.

My phone is awful and the lighting somewhat regrettable. The first is truest to life, color-wise. As always, please excuse the mess

What.... color is that paint? It reminds me of unsavory things.

But, I love the surrounding decor.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

CmdrRiker posted:

What are the trends of today that are going to look horrifically dated in the next few decades?
I watch a lot of British daytime tv, including property renovation programs. There's an enormous, sudden surge of using subway tiles like this for kitchen backsplashes:

While I can't imagine people calling them hideous, I can see them eventually saying "mid to late tens renovation, huh?"

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Was the original house some great historic structure worthy of being saved? I don't know. Maybe not. But to pay a premium for that land (and trust me, knowing its location, they did) to build this insane thing that's way out of proportion with the rest of the homes around it is loving ridiculous.

But that is definitely the trend, and a good way to combat unnecessary sprawl. Also, it will help drive up all of the neighborhood's home prices over time.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I watch a lot of British daytime tv, including property renovation programs. There's an enormous, sudden surge of using subway tiles like this for kitchen backsplashes:

While I can't imagine people calling them hideous, I can see them eventually saying "mid to late tens renovation, huh?"

Ah yes. That along with glass tile backsplashes in kitchens is so huge now.

The only issue I have with the subway tile is how dirty the grout will eventually look over time compared to the tiles. The glass tiles usually don't have visible grout, but I can definitely see how that has a certain look that people will either love or hate.

CmdrRiker fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 13, 2017

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Ohh, that looks interesting.....$1200 Canadian dollars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

learnincurve posted:

If you like a thing then buy that thing, don't worry about it :)

Nicely put, I added that to the OP :3:

To clarify my thinking behind the run-in yesterday: This thread should feel free to mock all the reaper fridges and McMansion orgycounters it wants, but when people are posting about their homes, well I mean, that's somebody's home. And decorating it the way you want is frequently a long-held, long saved-for dream, featuring furniture or art your family members gave to you or even made for you if you're lucky enough, pieces people acquired during the adventure of their lives, and we're not going to sneer at any of that in here. How do I know that that crappy Ikea entertainment unit you're holding onto isn't because putting it together is when you realized you were in love with your spouse? Maybe after years of hard work you've finally got enough space of your own to host your D&D group, and you're looking for living room skull thrones to celebrate that fact. I think we've got enough people here that everybody's got some design taste in common with somebody else, so if something isn't your taste just wait for a post that is. Or post one yourself!

Flipperwaldt posted:

You reminded me of the thing that I think is really gonna go out of fashion quick, those horrible glue-on mosaic panels for kitchen backsplashes.

I think as a general rule of thumb, cheap shortcuts and artificial/simulated finishes get the sledgehammer, while expensive stuff becomes "charmingly retro!" A high-end stainless-steel range is never going to be a detriment to selling a house, but wood laminate flooring, even though I think it looks nice currently, might be.