Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nicole Matthews:

https://twitter.com/Hustler2754/status/885516475401949185

Have a lot of respect for Nicole. She's kind of like the female Chuck Taylor character wise. Sadly she's more or less exiled up in Vancouver. A very expense plane ticket for US promoters. Hope this raises her profile.

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm sure there's a lot of scoops and stuff regarding who's in the MYC but the reveal is literally a couple hours away at this point so I'd rather just watch it than read who happens to be in the Florida area

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I'm sure there's a lot of scoops and stuff regarding who's in the MYC but the reveal is literally a couple hours away at this point so I'd rather just watch it than read who happens to be in the Florida area

Do you want my Network log in or something?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's on Facebook tho

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Do you want my Network log in or something?

I do buddy

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

rovert posted:

Nicole Matthews:

Have a lot of respect for Nicole. She's kind of like the female Chuck Taylor character wise. Sadly she's more or less exiled up in Vancouver. A very expense plane ticket for US promoters. Hope this raises her profile.

Good for Nicole! She and Veda Scott had a tryout a couple years back that I'd hoped would land them both jobs since there's so few women in the division who can cut a good promo. I don't see Nicole making it too far, but her character work is so good hopefully she gets an opportunity to show it.

I'm going to the show tonight and tomorrow. I'm really interested to see how things shake out even though the finale won't be for a couple months.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mark Andrews, Kay Lee Ray, Noam Dar... TNA's British Bootcamp is really working out for for WWEs second tier brands

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Mark Andrews, Kay Lee Ray, Noam Dar... TNA's British Bootcamp is really working out for for WWEs second tier brands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsF7SBi9wbs

Great little promo btw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/885607179184738304

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cant wait to hear how horny he can get

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As I hinted at on Twitter yesterday Rousey is at Full Sail to watch Shayna.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How many names will JR and Lita get wrong? I'm setting the over/under at 12.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Shayna is very good for not having wrestled very long, pretty much like Matt Riddle minus the drugs and no showing, bro

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

shayna is a very bad promo but her match with io earlier this year killed

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Benne posted:

How many names will JR and Lita get wrong? I'm setting the over/under at 12.
That's why its being taped a month in advance

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
I was at the Rise and Shimmer shows this past weekend, Definitely lucky to see some of these women in that space before they possibly head to WWE. I hope Nicole Matthews gets more opportunities in the US too, she was great. Shayna is legit. Rosemary was awesome, though pairing up with Angel Dust felt odd. She's got the athletics and technique, but zero personality. I hope she does benefit from the pairing. There's some real talent at Rise. I know Dave Prazak must be sweating over the sizable vacancies he's had in the past year, but much of the younger talent has the technique and passion to go places fast. Shotzi Blackheart was definitely a standout, Hudson Envy seems to have a lot of potential. Delilah Doom was awesome, her and Leva Bates were perfect together.

Gordy fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 13, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The intro parade thing is on now on the WWE facebook and YouTube. And of course Steph is doing the intro.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:eng101:

E: holy poo poo Serena looks great

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I have all the feels. Everyone looks like they're gonna cry.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I see Ayesha Raymond raided Ember Moon's wardrobe

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CANDICE!!!!!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress yeah Candice and Mia are in this

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Taynara's gear owns

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

go nicole savoy

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I really love Bianca's braid as a weapon. I've got her and Mia as the people I'm rooting for no matter what.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm the president of the Toni Storm fan club

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Watching now, Toni Storm's hat game is very good.

oh dang Kairi upped the hat game.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I really hope Alpha Female and Viper get a few wins - I could see them doing Alpha vs Kairi in the finals.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

oatgan posted:

shayna is a very bad promo but her match with io earlier this year killed

Sadly, he two best promos in women's wrestling right now are in Orlando and not being used for the Mae Young Classic (Nicole Matthews was, apparently, an alternate and Veda Scott was int he SHINE tournament). Hopefully they get another go soon.

E: I attended the show tonight (and will be back tomorrow). No spoilers, just a few notes:

- The Alpha Female/Abby Laith match was WAY better than I expected, and was probably the first match of the night to get the crowd really pumped up after a pretty intense striking exchange.
- Toni Storm was way over in a way that kind of took me by surprise considering I didn't know how much of the crowd was made up of people who would've seen her work in Stardom et al.
- Most of the "guests" at ringside came out and didn't even stay for the match, but props to Charlotte, Bayley and Emma for sticking out the whole show even after they'd been introduced.
- Kairi Sane's pirate music and costume is ridiculous and I love it.
- It looked like Dakota Kai scraped her arm up pretty good, hopefully nothing internal got busted
- A couple of what I would consider medium-sized surprises in the first round. Much like the CWC, I expect things to start getting a bit more predictable at tomorrow's taping

TheHock fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 14, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I have only seen a few of these women wrestle so I'm going in blind for the most part. Can't wait :woop:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aw drat, I only just saw the news that Nixon Newell is out injured. I was looking forward to seeing her at the MYC too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm curious how people feel about spoilers for this tournament - do you want specifics/results put under spoiler tags while we're waiting for the episodes to air at the end of August, or are you happy for people to just discuss results openly? If the former, do people also want Netflix style spoiler rules where there is a small grace period for specifics on anything past episode one to be spoiler tagged?

The really important match is the final of course, which will be live and thus doesn't have this issue, but there is probably a lot of cool stuff that could happen in the taped segments leading up to that.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

Really cool stuff happened tonight, and I suspect the same will be true tomorrow. I just think that I would want to go in as fresh as possible, and I don't want to rob other people of the experience of watching it as fresh as possible, which is why I didn't post anything that would be a real spoiler other than that Abby/Jazzy fought.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah this would just be for specifics/results etc, people would be free to post in generalities without tags.

Just given the length of time between taping and airing I thought I'd test the waters as to how people feel regarding spoilers, since I imagine most details of the tapings are going to be out and about pretty quickly online.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd say to avoid it that way people can forget the results between the taping and the airing.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I think avoiding/spoiler tagging it is the best way to go. August 28th is quite a ways away and I'd rather see it as it's broadcast than knowing what will happen before they show it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If i ever see an untagged spoiler before the event I will personally send a private message saying, "I wish I hadn't seen the spoiler you posted, if you know What I mean." and will probably include some regional terms that makes people angry such as pop.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

No spoilers for the Mae Young classic please. There's already a spoilers thread to talk about that. Seeing a bunch of black bars would get obnoxious too tbh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/isaiassuazo223/status/885682863491997696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wish there was an easy answer re:spoilers but the release schedule is such a farce my modern standards.

Bracketology on August 20th.

First four episodes on August 28th.

Last four episodes on September 4th.

Finals live after SD in Vegas on September 12th.