Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Please look forward to my community theater production of Jesus Christ Superstar, retooled for the modern era so that it's about Project M instead of religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Now if your are the Fox. Show me that you are no fool, wave dash cross my swimming pool.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bef posted:

I wouldn't mind melee going away if PM wasn't killed off by Nintendo, since smash 4 plays so differently than the earlier iterations that people prefer one or the other

A moment of silence for the fallen.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

The FGC isn't that much better with people like Noel Brown who beat the poo poo out of girlfriend and I think he did it twice, he also got into a fist fight on stream with someone else. I'm sure there's more people like that but he's all I can recall right now.

Then again professional sports players aren't that much better, lol

No exports competitor has killed anyone yet you my knowledge

But yeah I don't think "here's a list of people who have committed crimes and also played videogames" is really a reflection on the community, unless their crimes were actively covered up by people in the community

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zelder posted:

But yeah I don't think "here's a list of people who have committed crimes and also played videogames" is really a reflection on the community, unless their crimes were actively covered up by people in the community

Wait, are you saying, Columbine isn't a reflection of the first person shooter community???

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I just got tired of reading the "smash community is full of human degenerates" discussion after the 5th time it came up in this thread. Well, the previous thread

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah theres a lot of lovely people in any given community, but treating the community like they're all those assholes isn't a good thing, unless they're actively covering up what those shitlings do.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zelder posted:

True, it just seems like the filth in the Melee scene floats more to the surface and everyone latches onto that but there's just as much crap in the rest of the eSport scene. I don't think any dirt has been covered up but M2Ks fans were quick to defend him when the accusations of him jacking off in other people's beds came to light.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Smash more like trash

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah every dude I've played with at locals/majors have been pretty chill and well functioning human beings :shrug: goons just like to be hyperbolic on the negative but what else is new

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Overbite posted:

Smash more like trash

hows sf5

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm going to keep the thread updated on all instances of harassment and skullduggery related to Smash for Switch. I just put it a Google alert, so the second someone gropes someone while playing this as of yet unannounced game, you'll know it. Unless it happens at Treehouse or Mario Club in localization and testing, as they handle these kinds of accidents through HR and arbitration most likely, and details would be unlikely to become public.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

It's p good. It's the first fighting game I ever bothered to follow closely and git gud at. They released the story mode as free DLC, and they're on the second season of new characters.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

VideoGames posted:

I feel like my Kirby avatar is one of the best Kirby avatars on the site.

:smith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

It's p good. It's the first fighting game I ever bothered to follow closely

yeah, that checks out

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

enojy posted:

I think Melee is finally dying. It had less entrants than Smash 4 this year at CEO, and top 8 wasn't even on the last day.

CEO and genesis had lower turnouts, but most other Smash majors I looked up had about the same or more entrants. Plus you can't really say this and not ignore the general FGC numbers also being lower compared to last years too.

s.i.r.e. posted:

True, it just seems like the filth in the Melee scene floats more to the surface and everyone latches onto that but there's just as much crap in the rest of the eSport scene. I don't think any dirt has been covered up but M2Ks fans were quick to defend him when the accusations of him jacking off in other people's beds came to light.

The fact that the entire FGC has not forever exiled Marn who is actively terrible is worse to me imo

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Has anyone noticed that Google Alerts work like garbage nowadays? I recently deleted all mine because every day it was just clickbait articles from the same five sites. loving ibtimes.com, whatever they are.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm going to keep the thread updated on all instances of harassment and skullduggery related to Smash for Switch. I just put it a Google alert, so the second someone gropes someone while playing this as of yet unannounced game, you'll know it. Unless it happens at Treehouse or Mario Club in localization and testing, as they handle these kinds of accidents through HR and arbitration most likely, and details would be unlikely to become public.

I'm gonna put this out there before it blows up:

One time I looked up pictures of the Smash Brothers, and then I walked across the street after the crosswalk signal had changed to a blinking hand.

I'm sorry.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Penny Punching Princess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTK8VIZyzQ4

Shakedown: Hawaii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ462F1-yuc

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like my Kirby avatar.

Topic of Melee is that it's just the same 4-5 dudes every single time and nothing else and everything surrounding them is super cringe inducing to me. Like I keep seeing unironic posts around evo last year about how THE FOUR GODS ARE HERE TO PLAY and just kill it already. Let the 4 people who play it just livestream matches themselves or something if they don't want to get with the times.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Read it again and don't be sad.

"One of the best" doesn't even preclude yours being better (it's not)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Thank you for your service

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like my Kirby avatar.

Topic of Melee is that it's just the same 4-5 dudes every single time and nothing else and everything surrounding them is super cringe inducing to me. Like I keep seeing unironic posts around evo last year about how THE FOUR GODS ARE HERE TO PLAY and just kill it already. Let the 4 people who play it just livestream matches themselves or something if they don't want to get with the times.

We should lock them away in dungeons on the four corners of the Earth, but seek them out if the moon is going to fall, and play the oath to order so they can make us tech right off that sucker.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you must wavedash to catch up to Goht

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It seems you've met with a terrible date

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Al Borland Corp. posted:

We should lock them away in dungeons on the four corners of the Earth, but seek them out if the moon is going to fall, and play the oath to order so they can make us tech right off that sucker.

A very strong argument for letting the moon fall and annhilate us all

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like my Kirby avatar.

When I learned some Melee players refuse to play in tournaments without a short circuited Wavebird I realized they should retire that game. Or make an HD online Switch version while the real Smash sequel is in development.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nah wavebirds are never used in tournaments because they get too much interference. It'd be hilarious if they did cause those are getting to be very expensive, I can't imagine trying to hunt down one that is broken in the way they want em to be.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Spacebump posted:

When I learned some Melee players refuse to play in tournaments without a short circuited Wavebird I realized they should retire that game. Or make an HD online Switch version while the real Smash sequel is in development.

They wouldn't play the HD online version unless it's compatible with their broken GCN controller and also has that same bug that requires said controller. They're divas.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

tap my mountain posted:

Nah wavebirds are never used in tournaments because they get too much interference. It'd be hilarious if they did cause those are getting to be very expensive, I can't imagine trying to hunt down one that is broken in the way they want em to be.

Looks like I was slightly wrong and it might not have been a wavebird.
http://compete.kotaku.com/smash-god-drops-out-of-tournament-because-his-controlle-1794769487

deadly_pudding posted:

They wouldn't play the HD online version unless it's compatible with their broken GCN controller and also has that same bug that requires said controller. They're divas.
I don't care if they play it, I would.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd rather have Smash 4 Deluxe with a bunch more stuff added than a Melee HD. I can't go back to a game that doesn't have King Dedede and Bayonetta.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd rather have Smash 4 Deluxe with a bunch more stuff added than a Melee HD. I can't go back to a game that doesn't have King Dedede and Bayonetta.

i'd like to go to a game that has king ddd as a good character, or at the very least not "lower than ganondorf" tier

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

He was good in brawl, both in the competitive sense and in the fun to play sense. He's a mess in smash 4 though

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tap my mountain posted:

Wavebirds also have noticeable input lag, either that or my friend's was hosed up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Make Melee HD + and add all of the characters and stages from Smash 4. Boom, everyone's happy.

Though, I can't imagine how loving broken Bayonetta would be in Melee.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zelder posted:

He was good in brawl, both in the competitive sense and in the fun to play sense. He's a mess in smash 4 though

yeah, and i'd play brawl if only brawl minus tournaments were a thing

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Just give me poke floats in the new smash game and ill be happy

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zelder posted:

Just give me poke floats in the new smash game and ill be happy

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009