Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I hope they bring back the drum solo while you load in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huDpZUO7mwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I feel like this thread is gonna get horney about video games and that's not good

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I feel like this thread is gonna get horney about video games and that's not good

Do you get a boner every time you go to the beach or pool and see women in swimsuits?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Negrostrike posted:

Do you get a boner every time you go to the beach or pool and see women in swimsuits?

Is this your first video game thread?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Four-player splitscreen in local play, but I can't remember if you can have multiple players on one console online.

Is it 4 players now? That's amazing if so, do you have a citation?

irlZaphod posted:

Cool, thanks. I'm hoping for at least 2 players online like MK8DX, but we'll see...

Splat 1 didn't let 2 players go online but they specifically said splat 2 can

226 posted:

Sorry to rain on the parade but I just checked this. It's one player per switch.

I also suspect that playing Salmon Run anytime with friends refers to local multiplayer.

Wait what?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, they've actually said you can make your own private lobbies online and do whatever you please together.

Rexroom posted:

Yeah, the option to just have your own fun with your online friends was there from the first Splatoon, there's no reason why that wouldn't be possible this time around.

Guys you're getting confused. We're talking about splitscreen.

Splat 1 you could play 2 player splitscreen but only offline by yourselves 1v1 which was boring.

I'm *pretty* sure I heard them say 2 players can now go online because that's a huge deal, 1v1 is basically pointless. And with the two joycons it would make sense. But maybe I was just dreaming that and it wasn't confirmed?

There's no way they'll let us play 4 player splitscreen online, but there's also no way they won't let us form lobbies online with friends if everybody has their own switch.

The only thing in question is can 2 people ON ONE SWITCH go online?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is this your first video game thread?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Negrostrike posted:

What a bad-faith defence!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
shut up and splat

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Not until Splaturday.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Wendell posted:

What a bad-faith defence!

Maybe, but what about bad-faith assumptions about fan art?

But whatever I'm outta here. I don't own a Switch anyway. Y'all have fun now.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 13, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Negrostrike posted:

Maybe, but what about bad-faith assumptions about fan art?

But whatever I'm outta here. I don't own a Switch anyway. Y'all have fun now.

I loving dare you to look at the rest of that guy's twitter timeline lol

edit: On second thought it's a pretty even mix of horny and not horny in there

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

The only thing in question is can 2 people ON ONE SWITCH go online?

Their website says this

So, I just bought a second Switch/game copy for my husband in order for us to dominate league play as duos. (And if we can somehow both play online off one Switch, I will donate it to a friend under the assumption they will also join us in kid squidding.)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

I think ill let my long list of police reports speak for itself

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I see Nintendo brought back the "Who Are You?" campaign

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
more details on forming teams during splatfests

quote:

Team mode requires four players (must be friends with someone from the same team who is in the Lobby) to join a private lobby before being matched up against another team of four.

Seems like you absolutely need a team of four, and I'm not sure but it sounds like you need to be on the same side of the conflict. Discuss ice cream and cake with your friends!

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 13, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Please don't get too weird about squid pop idols. I mean, sure, obsess about them like any sensible man, but don't push your tastes onto others. I don't want to do anything drastic to this thread, especially so soon to release.

Just get an avatar or something.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr Cheeto posted:

Seems like you absolutely need a team of four, and I'm not sure but it sounds like you need to be on the same side of the conflict. Discuss ice cream and cake with your friends!

Splatfests just got more interesting this season. :getin:

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 13, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Their website says this

So, I just bought a second Switch/game copy for my husband in order for us to dominate league play as duos. (And if we can somehow both play online off one Switch, I will donate it to a friend under the assumption they will also join us in kid squidding.)

Yeah I'm pretty sure 2 people can go online with 1 switch and 1 copy of the game.

If you have another switch and game copy though you won't have to go splitscreen and you'll get much better performance.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I don't know if I'm more excited for splatoon 2 for the game or because I'll finally have another game for my switch.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

spit on my clit posted:

shut up and splat

make sure to get total coverage

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Dr Cheeto posted:

That is much better than the old system my friends used to use where we would all queue up at the same time in hopes that by pure chance we'd get into the same game (which did happen a few times).

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I can't view tumblr at work but didn't the direct say that you could play with your friends in splatfest turf wars even if they're on the other side of the splatfest?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If you're on different sides of the splatfest, are you really even friends?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

If you're on different sides of the splatfest, are you really even friends?

I am on Team Dog in all splatfests forever.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gpoy

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I am on Team Dog in all splatfests forever.

If a person is on team cat are they really even a person

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

If a person is on team cat are they really even a person

I'm going to back off agreeing with the fascist avatar paraphrasing Eric Trump and just say that I am extremely a Dog Person.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
pearl is lovely dva confirmed

The Bloop posted:

I'm going to back off agreeing with the fascist avatar paraphrasing Eric Trump and just say that I am extremely a Dog Person.

:yikes:

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 13, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Well you took all the fun out of this avatar

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

spit on my clit posted:

pearl is lovely dva confirmed

MARINA I WANT INKDONALDS

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can we keep Overwatch out of this thread? This is supposed to a thread for a fun game.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

So that's what Sombra players mean when they say "if it doesn't work I'll Switch."

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

I loving dare you to look at the rest of that guy's twitter timeline lol

edit: On second thought it's a pretty even mix of horny and not horny in there

Which is this one?

https://twitter.com/y_agc/status/879653094480531456

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

Can we keep Overwatch out of this thread? This is supposed to a thread for a fun game.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I kinda dig that dudes art style, but that is a very thirsty Twitter feed

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Overwatch is a bad video game, unlike Splatoon and Splatoon 2.

Please do not post about bad video games in a thread for a good video game. Thanks friends.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

One week to go thread, we can make it.

The weekend splatfest will revitalize us.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

hummina hummina hummina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

This is good