Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Got 1 blue and 4 reds on my first pull. Didn't get Delthea, but figured I'd try for Fury fodder some more since I'm still dry. No Hinatas at all, but I got a +Atk Gray! ...which is -Spd of course.

This is today's reminder that the IV system is awful and you should feel bad for getting even mildly excited about a 5* pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Pulled a Hinata in that last go, and I still have to kit out Anna and Sharena. Sharena's fine with her existing a slot right? and Anna wants fury/vantage/whatever c clot and...what. Positioning assist? Ardent sacrifice? Dunno what special she wants either.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sophism posted:

Got 1 blue and 4 reds on my first pull. Didn't get Delthea, but figured I'd try for Fury fodder some more since I'm still dry. No Hinatas at all, but I got a +Atk Gray! ...which is -Spd of course.

This is today's reminder that the IV system is awful and you should feel bad for getting even mildly excited about a 5* pull.

Give that Gray a Brave Sword+ and Death Blow and watch him destroy everything that isn't Effie/Lukas/Subaki/Sully.

In other news, people did testing and Cancel Affinity doesn't affect Raven tomes, just Triangle Adept and the gem weapons. So Bride Cordelia isn't going to rip everything apart just yet.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Did some pulls, and my new units are Roderick, Luke, and Roy.

Rod and Roy are both 4 stars (yay, now I only have 4 movies left to get), but Luke is 5 stars and reset my pity rate.

After hearing some of his quotes, his voice makes me want to punch him in his poorly drawn face.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

I got another Sophia just now. -HP/+Atk. I take it that's better than the +def one? Seems she wants to hit hard in a single blow.

+atk is definitely better. Also you pull a lot of Sophias.

Airspace posted:

So I pulled a Mathilda. +SPD, which is great, but -ATK.

Is this vaguely okay or should I go wail to the heavens?

She loses -4 atk (25atk) so inheritance.

Sophism posted:

The game is telling you to put a Brave Sword on him.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Got a Gray (+HP/-Res) and Mathilda (+Def/-HP).
I only wanted Gray for Sword Valour to make grinding SP for other units easier so I'm not bothered about his IVs, but I'm guessing that Mathilda is probably no good.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Lol, I went to try and pull a Sonya. All three times the game gives me zero green orbs. Sure gonna get a lot of use out of the 4 star Raigh and 2 more three star Subaki's.

What a God drat terrible mechanic.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

stratego posted:

Lol, I went to try and pull a Sonya. All three times the game gives me zero green orbs. Sure gonna get a lot of use out of the 4 star Raigh and 2 more three star Subaki's.

What a God drat terrible mechanic.

The alternative is just pulling fifteen times without realizing you never had a chance at a green in the first place

It's not like the game randomly determines orb colors, then fills them in with characters. It picks five characters, then displays their colors.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Pulled a +spd/-res 5* Tharja out of nowhere. Time to make a red Nino I guess.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
For +res -def sonya, what would be the best b skill? I was thinking g tomebreaker to round her out as a mage baiter, but most mages in arena are blue so maybe doubling down with b tomebreaker would be better. Also quick riposte doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Pulled a Sonya with one pull, got her...

-ATK/+DEF.

I vaguely care more about having her than making her the most powerful individual, so I guesss that's fine.

Then pulled once on the swimsuit banner, got Summer Tiki with +ATK/-DEF.

Good enough! I don't have to pull for three thousand years now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GBS Ambassador posted:

+atk is definitely better. Also you pull a lot of Sophias.

Yyyyep.

I sure do...

I'm going to make the most of it though! I'll turn that +atk Sophia into a 4* +4 Sophia!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I've rolled enough Odins and Nileses and FCorrins to +10 them, probably some other units too.

Luckily FCorrin is solid and Odin is good for skill inheritance. Niles is good for turning into feathers.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Planning on something like Dark Aura/flex/Iceberg/Fury/Desperation/flex on my (+spd/-def) Delthea. This is a pretty bogstandard fast mage build but I wanted to double check I wasn't missing some reason why a non-standard build would be better for her specifically.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I gave CA to Lucina, time to build a defense team of Lucina/Reinhardt/Azura/idk hector??? Probably beach tiki for this week.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Whoever pointed out that Alfonse doesn't need to be a 5* to use an inherited brave sword is my goddamn hero. For some reason I thought inherited skills could only be used by units who have the same rank that the mulched unit needed to be to learn it :downs:

4+10 units suddenly make a whole lot more sense.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Happy to say i've reinstalled the game with a new account and now have a healthy relationship with the game, and Summer Robin and Sonya.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I wonder if Life and Death or Fury would be better for Sonya. LaD means that my -RES Sonya will be at 24 which is kind of disappointing, but she hits 39 speed that way. Fury puts her at 37 speed, but gives her enough bulk to easily survive unbuffed Reinhardts. I already have Julia to tank Rein, but she'll be off the team as long as Sonya is a bonus unit.

cheetah7071 posted:

Planning on something like Dark Aura/flex/Iceberg/Fury/Desperation/flex on my (+spd/-def) Delthea. This is a pretty bogstandard fast mage build but I wanted to double check I wasn't missing some reason why a non-standard build would be better for her specifically.
Seems fine to me.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

mabels big day posted:

Happy to say i've reinstalled the game with a new account and now have a healthy relationship with the game, and Summer Robin and Sonya.

I don't think it's possible to have a healthy relationship with Summer Robin and Sonya.

Anyhow, I've got a spare (meaning dogshit IV) 5* Athena kicking around. Any crack builds needing a Wo Dao? Probably going to give it to Hana if there aren't (or Palla :devil:).

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Murderion posted:

I don't think it's possible to have a healthy relationship with Summer Robin and Sonya.

Anyhow, I've got a spare (meaning dogshit IV) 5* Athena kicking around. Any crack builds needing a Wo Dao? Probably going to give it to Hana if there aren't (or Palla :devil:).

Try it on your fastest sword user with moon bow maybe?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Murderion posted:

:stare: I have a Karel lying around being useless...

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Trebek posted:

Try it on your fastest sword user with moon bow maybe?

... That would be non-poo poo Athena.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Man, I don't know how to do the 12-4 quest. I can beat it easily and I can even beat it without losing people, but not in the time limit. Has anyone here beat that yet and, if so, what was your team?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

surf rock posted:

Man, I don't know how to do the 12-4 quest. I can beat it easily and I can even beat it without losing people, but not in the time limit. Has anyone here beat that yet and, if so, what was your team?

I think I used Minerva, Nowi, Xander, and BCordelia. The basic principal was to bait the flier with Minerva, which is practically the only productive bait in the entire map since Leon and Sonya are on defensive terrain. had to waste turn one getting her into position but with a dance/movement skill you could do it immediately.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh man, I'm really tempted to run a villager themed team of Donnel/Gray/Tobin/Faye

probably bad because Tobin and Faye are eh but Donnel and Gray are pretty good.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
120 orb savings down, oh cool I got some of the new units

-spd delth
-atk math
-spd math
-atk nowi 4*
2x +spd effies 4*

..but a +spd gray!

I mean I really dig those pulls but the IV luck is brutal

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

GBS Ambassador posted:

The game is telling you to put a Brave Sword on him.

The only two Deathblows I've ever gotten went onto my Reinhardt and my Bride Charlotte. I don't think I'd bother to make him a Brave unit without DB 3.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So is Clive going to be a GHB? He's in the new story chapter, but not on the new banner. (But then again lol Clive)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why are all the good mages little girls?

my team of hot men is not balanced

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Not all of them are little

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tharja/Celica/Sonya/Julia are little...?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why are all the good mages little girls and sexy ladies + Julia?

My team of hot men is not balanced

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

You're making an enemy here today

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't wait for Niime to be the most busted mage in the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The genders aren't remotely balanced but the very best mage in the game is a man who some probably consider hot so there's that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

smdh over here

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Julia's Heroes art probably does look closer to someone whose mother is also their aunt though

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

cheetah7071 posted:

The genders aren't remotely balanced but the very best mage in the game is a man who some probably consider hot so there's that

I guess I'm so used to seeing Julia/Nino murder Reinhardt that they trumps him in my eyes as swole as gently caress.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

That's some serious shots at Reinhardt

E: most reins I see can ORKO my Nino, it's pretty awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Lube banjo posted:

120 orb savings down, oh cool I got some of the new units

-spd delth
-atk math